Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lindsey Buckingham's Solo Career

Quote Originally Posted by ironmaiden4ever View Post
    I am not sure any of that tour was ever filmed but it was to me one of the best shows I ever saw close up..
    He did do a Soundstage in Chicago, where they are are filmed, in 1992. (I saw him a few days later in the Park West in Chicago) This was the only evidence I could find for this show: http://www.maximumsound.org/Lindsey-...VD_p_1840.html

In the FW reference they had it listed as PBS Center Stage (but didn't list the show I went to): http://www.fleetwoodmac-uk.com/still...adle-tour.html

PS: I found it on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOVIvA8yEyU
    Last edited by pbs1902; 05-14-2018 at 11:41 AM.

https://rhino.warnermusic.com/lbsite/

SOLO ANTHOLOGY: THE BEST OF LINDSEY BUCKINGHAM

Solo Anthology: The Best of Lindsey Buckingham is a comprehensive record of his illustrious career. Out October 5th on Rhino Records, Buckingham’s Solo Anthology will be released as a 3-disc set on CD and digitally and will also be available as a single disc abridged release. A 6-LP vinyl release is slated for November 30th.

This fall Lindsey Buckingham will head out on a North American Tour in support of his Solo Anthology. The tour kicks off at Revolution Hall in Portland, OR on October 7th, with highlights along the way, including LA's Orpheum Theatre and Town Hall in New York. Tickets go on sale Saturday, August 18th.

Every ticket purchased online for the Lindsey Buckingham tour includes a CD or digital copy of the new Anthology.* Fans will receive instructions via email on how to redeem their album after ticket purchase.

Interesting. I look forward to tour dates.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    Interesting. I look forward to tour dates.
    Click the above link...

Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Track list:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07GBLVY61?tag=mfconvert-20

I am looking forward to the remastered versions. Interesting that some are not remastered.

I have the Ann Arbor Michigan show on my radar. Not really my favorite venue, and a 90 minute drive, but I would love to see Lindsey again. The compilation looks cool too. I don't have a ton of his solo stuff.

I've seen him twice solo, would like to see him again, but kind of a strange selection of cities as he goes through the Midwest: Tulsa OK, Norman OK, and Salina Kansas!? but no KC or St. Louis; Knoxville and Chattanooga Tenn but no Memphis, Nashville, Louisville, Cincy or Indianapolis.

Quote Originally Posted by DocProgger View Post
    I've seen him twice solo, would like to see him again, but kind of a strange selection of cities as he goes through the Midwest: Tulsa OK, Norman OK, and Salina Kansas!? but no KC or St. Louis; Knoxville and Chattanooga Tenn but no Memphis, Nashville, Louisville, Cincy or Indianapolis.
    It is a bit odd that in Michigan he is playing Ann Arbor and not Detroit or Grand Rapids. I wonder if there is some kind of "no compete" clause with Fleetwood Mac for live shows? That kind of thing sometimes happens, and FM are playing both Detroit and Grand Rapids on this tour.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    It is a bit odd that in Michigan he is playing Ann Arbor and not Detroit or Grand Rapids. I wonder if there is some kind of "no compete" clause with Fleetwood Mac for live shows? That kind of thing sometimes happens, and FM are playing both Detroit and Grand Rapids on this tour.
    Yep, maybe, he certainly isn't hitting a ton of major cities in this part of the country. At least Ann Arbor and Norman Ok are college towns, although that certainly isn't his core fanbase now. The Salina Kansas one really makes me chuckle because its a small town in the middle of the Kansas prairie near where the Clutter murders took place.

add--you may be on to something as I see that FMac is playing KC, StL, Indy, Louisville and much larger cities generally during relatively the same time frame.
    Last edited by DocProgger; 08-15-2018 at 12:27 AM.

hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    Quote Originally Posted by Gruno View Post
    Track list:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07GBLVY61?tag=mfconvert-20

I am looking forward to the remastered versions. Interesting that some are not remastered.
    Also interesting how much of Out of the Cradle is represented (which was already a reference-standard recording IMO) or that any of the newer songs would need remastering. Some interesting/questionable omissions as well. (no Bwana?!?)

Interesting. I remember there was an advert in the UK some years ago which had the song 'Holiday Road'...I later discovered it was never on any of his albums and was quite rare!

Quote Originally Posted by 3LockBox View Post
    Also interesting how much of Out of the Cradle is represented (which was already a reference-standard recording IMO) or that any of the newer songs would need remastering. Some interesting/questionable omissions as well. (no Bwana?!?)
    I am interested in hearing how the Cradle tracks adjust to a remaster. I also feel the original disc is pure and fine as-is.

Quote Originally Posted by JJ88 View Post
    Interesting. I remember there was an advert in the UK some years ago which had the song 'Holiday Road'...I later discovered it was never on any of his albums and was quite rare!
    There are a few studio versions of "Holiday Road." I have the 5+ & 3+ minute versions and am ecstatic we finally get one on this compilation.

Fans have hoped for a release of Lindsey's soundtrack work on a Buckingham album. I would have loved to see the inclusion of the sublime "On The Wrong Side" from the 1994 movie, With Honors. Of note, the other missing soundtrack songs: "Sick Of You", "Brother & Sister" (featuring Norah Jones), and "She's Act Like You", from 2012's film, This Is 40.

Regarding tour dates: it is common for Lindsey to do a couple of swings across the U.S.A. (pun intended) when he tours.

Out of the Cradle appears to be OOP so that might explain why so many of the tunes on the comp are from it. I'm disappointed that "Right Place to Fade" didn't make the compilation. If that had been on a FM album it would have gotten a ton of airplay.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

I pulled out the live album "Songs From The Small Machine" for a listen today. It and the DVD are great if you have never heard it.

Don't deal with Ticketbastard anymore so I'll just pick up some tickets on the day of the show.

This is...interesting. Actually, Finn and Campbell do a decent job of covering for Lindsey, minus the almost manic energy

I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Did they normally use a second guitarist when Lindsey was in the band? They have three in that video.

Did they normally use a second guitarist when Lindsey was in the band? They have three in that video.
    Neale Heywood (longtime friend of Lindsey's) and Brett Tuggle. Brett is mainly the 2nd keyboardist, but he does handle acoustic. They are also members of Lindsey's solo band. They've been a part of the FM touring personnel since the 1997 reformation.

skip to 3:47 here, and for the next 10 seconds you see them behind Christine:

Here you can see FM band introductions:

Introductions during Lindsey solo tour:

Not in their early days, of Rumours, Tusk, etc. I think they brought in a lot of extra players when the reunited for the Say You Will album and associated tour in 2003/04.

Now, of course, they're getting ready to hit the road without Buckingham but with Tom Petty/Heartbreakers' Mike Campbell and Crowded House's Neil Finn. It's the first time I've been excited about the group in awhile, to be honest. It will be very different than with Buckingham, but Campbell and Finn have a lot to offer, I think.

As for Buckingham's solo career? While not always as successful in its risks as he was with Fleetwood, I always loved his production skill, his ability to craft odd but still hook-laden songs...and he's one heckuva great guitarist. Coming, relatively late, to Mac and associated solo careers (because I worked in a record store when Rumours was first released, and it was so overplayed that I burned out on Mac, and couldn't even think about them literally for another 35 years. Now I love 'em, the same way that I couldn't handle the Eagles (Hotel California was another overplayed record in the store) but now am a major fan.

But Buckingham stands out, as much for his production innovations as his songwriting, singing and guitar work. I've all his solo stuff and, while I've not seen him, have a couple live shows on DVD/Blu Ray and would love to see him!
    John Kelman
    Senior Contributor, All About Jazz since 2004
    Freelance writer/photographer

From his Kimmel appearance the other night:

Looks like Brett Tuggle is the only returning solo band member.

I forget about Lindsey's solo career sometimes, and it's a shame. He's got some pretty good stuff. And I really like his guitar style. Makes me want to work on my finger picking.

From Lindsey's Instagram page yesterday:

Seeds We Sow is one of my favorite albums - full of variety, spirit, and dynamics.

The title refers to the notion that who we are as individuals, and by extension a society, is largely the defined by the accumulation of choices we make; that choices can’t always be made based on which ones represent the more tangible or near term gratification; that often the wiser, deeper choice lies in the more difficult path.

Though it’s been a while, Seeds We Sow is also my most recent solo endeavor, the ensuing years having been taken up with several Fleetwood Mac tours as well as an album and tour with Christine Mcvie. I’ve had a new solo album ready to go for a couple of years, and now that we’ve turned a new page, I think we’ll be able to pick up the pace between projects by quite a bit! #SoloAnthology

Lindsey is recovering from emergency open heart surgery this week. He is recovering now. His vocal cords have sustained damage, but no telling if he will recover fully. Check his Instagram for a statement from his wife.