Thread: Ralph Towner Matchbooking

Ralph Towner Matchbooking

https://youtu.be/KHvTWdkR1rw

I listened a lot to Ralph Towner recently , one of my favorite guitarists and while looking through some videos I found an interesting concert for Slovenian ? TV where he used a matchbook stuck near the bridge under the strings. Great sound.
    Dieter Moebius : "Art people like things they don’t understand!"

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dave (in MA) View Post
    That's a perfect match 😀

My ears and Ralph Towner are a perfect match.

Saw him live back in 1980 with John Abercrombie at one of those small NYC clubs. We were sitting right up front. He did the matchbook thing for one song and it sounded like he was playing with broken strings. Very cool effect when done right. My girlfriend at the time had picked up 2 dozen roses from a street vendor. She gave him almost all of them,. John A got about 5, so you know where her preferences lay.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A gentleman is defined as someone who knows how to play the accordion, and doesn't.

My alltime favourite Towner record is Diary . He will be on tour, solo and with Oregon in Europe in February and March. I 'll try to see Oregon 10th of march in Bordeaux.

Envoyé de mon GT-I9195 en utilisant Tapatalk
    Dieter Moebius : "Art people like things they don’t understand!"

For those who haven't already seen it, here is a nice video from 1975 of Towner with Eberhard Weber, Jan Garbarek and Jon Christensen, with Towner and the group discussing how to play some of the pieces, as well as performing.