Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Guy plays Rush-Permanent Waves... BY HIMSELF

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasKDye View Post
    Ahem... Geddy Lee, "My Favorite Headache." (2000).

It's so weird. Why does everyone forget about this album, especially since it was released during Rush's hiatus? It's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
    I think it's a masterpiece myself. Last reached for it about a month ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Garden Dreamer View Post
    Guy gets an A for effort.

This is amazing not only in it's playing but the sonics of it. It really SOUNDS like the album. As if Terry Brown had a hand in this and he made it in the studio they made it in. It's way more interesting than the usual Rush tribute band stuff.

So I've watched this entire thing a few times and each time I come back I am more amazed. The entire thing here is on such an elevated musical level, its hard to really put into words. The fact that he really faithfully played Alex's guitar parts and solos perfectly is really the most mind-blowing thing about this, but he attains perfection in every area. I really don't think that many dudes (or dudettes) on Earth could really pull this off as masterfully as Mr Warren does here. This bloke is as talented as musician they get imo.
    If it isn't Krautrock, it's krap.

"And it's only the giving
    That makes you what you are" - Ian Anderson

Absolutely. And to repeat what I muttered a ways back, I know from experience that this sort of thing is actually quite difficult to do well.

hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    Hell, every time I play Rush Hemispheres it's by myself 😜

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasKDye View Post
    Ahem... Geddy Lee, "My Favorite Headache." (2000).

It's so weird. Why does everyone forget about this album, especially since it was released during Rush's hiatus? It's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
    Yes, but it's Working at Perfekt...

Didn't like it. Tossed it...
    You say Mega Ultra Deluxe Special Limited Edition Extended Autographed 5-LP, 3-CD, 4-DVD, 2-BlueRay, 4-Cassette, five 8-Track, MP4 Download plus Demos, Outtakes, Booklet, T-Shirt and Guitar Pick Gold-Leafed Box Set Version like it's a bad thing...

I listened a few tracks from Headache on Youtube s few weeks ago. Couldn't get into it.

In 4 days, My Favorite Headache will be out 18 years. Still listen to it more regularly than a lot of Rush studio albums. The man knows how to craft a song.