Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wonderous Stories by Jerry Ewing

Quote Originally Posted by Baribrotzer View Post
    akin to early Louis Andriessen into the rock realm; .

^ That's the coming-of-age face/phase of our impeccable prog. Give that man a cigar and a (midly moderate) cocktail and seat him in a wheelchair before a stage aboard a Prog-cruiseship.
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

Quote Originally Posted by rcarlberg View Post
    That is not Louis Andriessen, this is:

^ Well, at least Andriessen's anarchist credentials should warrant him some "P" recognition. And apparently he was once a fan of both Kraftwerk and Magma.
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

Quote Originally Posted by Scrotum Scissor View Post
    apparently he was once a fan of both Kraftwerk and Magma.
    My understanding is that he likes funk, disco (and jazz), but not most rock. Which, along with his interest in Kraftwerk and Magma, would fit in with his determined Minimalism.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    ^ That's the coming-of-age face/phase of our impeccable prog. Give that man a cigar and a (midly moderate) cocktail and seat him in a wheelchair before a stage aboard a Prog-cruiseship.
    Now playing - Thank You Scientist!

^ Wheelchair is rockin' now with TYS on the podium, but don't you ask that ol' proggin' fart to stand up! His ol' prog wifey, Myrna, is gonna wheel'im down to his senior cabin sometime before 11:30 PM, although he really wanted to catch 'em Musical Cocks before tuckin' in. Doctor's orders, and no nightcaps.

Amazing.

Progressive rock was the one phenomenon in once-popular music by which precisely the music itself was supposed to be the object of matter - as opposed to, say, its mercantile viability. In extension of this, I simply can not wait to be taught how Steven Wilson and Opeth "resurged" those virtues which inspired the concept of a 'progressive rock'.
    Opeth's advice to death metal bands interested in participating in the resurgence: stop playing death metal.

^ Ironically striking, seeing as this is about the venture of "prog rock". Because it's actually not about the look or appearance of things, but about contents and substance. An actual "book" is usually primarily made from text; a "picture book" is usually intended for children. It's the text and the worth of its words that matter, not another glossy print of old album covers to calm the need for a sense of establishment and adherence.
    All excellent points. Sometimes I think that the basis of things like Prog magazine and their embarrassing awards ceremony is all predicated on an aging fan-base that never got over that the music they listened to as teens and 20s was not considered cool by the mainstream at the time. They never got asked to the prom, (boo hoo!), so to speak, and although the hairs are now grayer (or gone), the wallets are a bit fatter. So the whole progressive rock branch of the classic rock nostalgia industry that has emerged over the last 15-20 years or so mostly exists to throw that prom for them.

Lost, of course, is the fact that true boundary-pushing doesn't involve a prom at all.

Quote Originally Posted by RobDavisProgger View Post

Only limited stock left, get yours now from..

The Flood Gallery: http://bit.ly/2AbXRIp

Burning Shed: http://bit.ly/2AcseOP

Pledgmemusic.com: http://bit.ly/2yeXtat
    Flood Music is the only one left with stock for sale........as of today.....
    The Ice Cream Lady Wet her drawers........To see you in the Passion Playyyy eeee - I. Anderson

"It's kind of like deciding not to date a beautiful blonde anymore because she farted." - Top Cat

I was expecting to be kinda meh, but it made my nips stiffen - Jerjo

(Zamran) "that fucking thing man . . . it sits there on my wall like a broken clock " - Helix

Social Media is the "Toilet" of the Internet - Lady Gaga

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Garyhead View Post
    Flood Music is the only one left with stock for sale........as of today.....
    For only $50 shipping to Canada...

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    You can preorder the non-deluxe edition from Amazon. The certificate of authticity and slipcase hardly seem necessary for this. It’s only the editor of Prog, not Bruford. Just IMO.

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    You can preorder the non-deluxe edition from Amazon. The certificate of authticity and slipcase hardly seem necessary for this. It’s only the editor of Prog, not Bruford. Just IMO.
    I'll check that out...

The Flood Gallery is selling copies now for 10 pounds.....
    The Ice Cream Lady Wet her drawers........To see you in the Passion Playyyy eeee - I. Anderson

"It's kind of like deciding not to date a beautiful blonde anymore because she farted." - Top Cat

I was expecting to be kinda meh, but it made my nips stiffen - Jerjo

(Zamran) "that fucking thing man . . . it sits there on my wall like a broken clock " - Helix

Social Media is the "Toilet" of the Internet - Lady Gaga

Quote Originally Posted by Garyhead View Post
    The Flood Gallery is selling copies now for 10 pounds.....
    Thank you. That was, very briefly, tempting...until the postage comes out at £8.00 for one copy - £10 if you buy two (not long to Xmas?)!