Thread: Uriah Heep North American Tour 2018

Uriah Heep North American Tour 2018

Dates being added now. Some shows already sold out. Saw them the last time they toured the continent & I was like a 15 year old again. Awesome show. Sadly just three months or so before Trevor Boulder died too.

http://www.uriah-heep.com/newa/livedates.php

Not quite a bucket-lister but I'm sure they still put on a great show. If they go a few hours West of St. Charles I'm in...

^ an hour east of St. Charles (aka Reggies), and I'm in!

Mick Box - guitar, vocals
    Bernie Shaw - lead vocals
    Phil Lanzon - keyboards, vocals
    Russell Gilbrook - drums, vocals
    Davey Rimmer - Bass
    "Always ready with the ray of sunshine"

Still unsure if I'll be going to either the Quebec City or Montreal shows or both, great mid-winter break!

I haven't seen them in freakin' 40 YEARS! Last time, was when they opened for Jethro Tull for the FALLEN ANGEL Tour 1978 at the LA Forum, WOW!
    Not a bucket lister maybe, but NOT gonna miss out on this rare event :-))
    I may be older but, I saw live: Led Zeppelin, Yes, ELP, Jethro Tull, King Crimson, Fish, Black Sabbath, Deep Purple, Marillion, IQ, UK, Saga, Rush, Supertramp, Pink Floyd, Genesis with Peter Gabriel, Steve Hackett, Triumph, Magma, Goblin, Porcupine Tree, The Musical Box, Uriah Heep, Dio, David Bowie, Iron Maiden, Queen with Freddie Mercury, George Harrison, Paul McCartney, Elton John, Eric Clapton & Steve Winwood, Steely Dan, Dream theater, Joe Satriani, you get the idea..

They rarely come to the US & Canada anymore unfortunately. Saw them the last time five years ago & that was right before Trevor Boulder's death. I was front & center at the show in Tulsa. I swear I felt like I was 15 years old again. Get out & see these guys while you still can, because I'm afraid if Mick Box stops then the band will too.
    (A few pix from Tulsa)68415_3430683144665_737852540_n.jpg480598_3430682224642_2023809290_n.jpg552421_3430683584676_684998405_n.jpg374485_3430682384646_1749146772_n.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by dgtlman View Post
    They rarely come to the US & Canada anymore unfortunately. Saw them the last time five years ago & that was right before Trevor Boulder's death. I was front & center at the show in Tulsa. I swear I felt like I was 15 years old again. Get out & see these guys while you still can, because I'm afraid if Mick Box stops then the band will too.
    (A few pix from Tulsa)68415_3430683144665_737852540_n.jpg480598_3430682224642_2023809290_n.jpg552421_3430683584676_684998405_n.jpg374485_3430682384646_1749146772_n.jpg
    Yes, I felt very young at the show I saw around the same time period.

It Was a bucket list band for me at the time!

During the 70s, I was a roadie employed by a major sound reinforcement touring company.
    I worked a tour with Uriah Heep in 1973, not long after their (arguably) best albums were released in 1972.
    I also worked with many other bands during this time and, while most were pleasant and good people, I can easily say that David Byron was, by far, the biggest STAR-ASSHOLE among all of the musicians/rockers I met.

hahaha, I think you've posted that before.
    "Always ready with the ray of sunshine"

Yeah he has posted that before. I would love to hear more about it. Although Heep was probably my favorite band in high school (until I discovered Rush), during the years which he mentioned, I can definitely see Byron as being a d*ck. Especially from some of the interviews & concert footage I have seen from that period. I'm sure his aggressive drinking had a lot to do with it as well. And as we all know this behavior is what ultimately got him sacked from the band & killed him in the end.

More dates added. Texas YAY!!!!

http://www.uriah-heep.com/newa/livedates.php

Anyone been to any of these shows? This is one of their biggest US tours in ages. Looks like the same setlist for every show, however. Lots of the old stuff, but a tad short IMO.

Unfortunately, I frelled up and missed the Northeastern Ohio show. They didn't actually come to Cleveland, they played in Kent, Ohio, yes, where Kent State is. Anyway, I procrastinated, and the show sold out before I got my tickets. I got a feeling that might have been my last chance to see the band (Mick's gotta be in his 70's by now).

Went to the St. Charles (Chicago) show. Meh. I saw them once before at BB Kings in 2011 and they left a bigger impression on me then. Never liked Bernie Shaw, so along with the new bassist and drummer this felt like a very authentic tribute act. Box was solid and sounded good as ever. They added a second show this weekend...

Quote Originally Posted by arturs View Post
    Not quite a bucket-lister but I'm sure they still put on a great show. If they go a few hours West of St. Charles I'm in...
    You are in Iowa right?
    They played in Des Moines a few days ago and they are playing in Sioux City IA tnite.

Quote Originally Posted by DocProgger View Post
    You are in Iowa right?
    They played in Des Moines a few days ago and they are playing in Sioux City IA tnite.
    Yes I'm sorry I missed them but I was out of town. Sioux City is 4-5 hours so too far away. Maybe I'll see you at Dixie Dregs. I'll wear my Art Zoyd T-shirt.

Meh...no Lee Kerslake, no Ken Hensley, no David Byron (or even Gary Thain). Either retired or dead. It's more like Mick Box's Humble Heep Revue.
    "And your little sister's immaculate virginity wings away on the bony shoulders of a young horse named George who stole surreptitiously into her geography revision."

Occasional musical musings on https://darkelffile.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by The Dark Elf View Post
    Meh...no Lee Kerslake, no Ken Hensley, no David Byron (or even Gary Thain). Either retired or dead. It's more like Mick Box's Humble Heep Revue.
    Phil Lanzon and Bernie Shaw have been in the band since 1986. Gary Thain left the band in 1975. David Byron left in 1977, and Hensley in 1980.
    Last edited by GuitarGeek; 03-17-2018 at 02:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GuitarGeek View Post
    Phil Lanzon and Bernie Shaw have been in the band since 1982. Gary Thain left the band in 1975. David Byron left in 1977, and Hensley in 1980.
    not 1982, but since 1986

Quote Originally Posted by Bruno Sampaio Barbosa View Post
    not 1982, but since 1986
    Yeah, you're right, but even still, they've both been in the band decades longer than either Byron or Hensley.

Jon Neudorf
    All i know is their last couple of albums have been excellent. I give them a ton of credit for still trying to remain relevant while still putting out great albums in the process. I would jump at the chance to see this iconic band.
    Just my 2 cents.

I think Shaw is an excellent singer for this band. Best one since Byron IMO & still going strong. The new bass player is obviously the result of Trevor Boulder's death & TB had been in the band since Wetton left (except for a small period in the mid 80's or so). Kerslake & Hensley do periodically reunite for certain shows as well. Hensley can still play like a mofo. Wish they'd reunite for a tour.

I am really hyped about this one: I'm going to the Dosey Doe's show in Woodlands TX on April 7. Like I mentioned on my previous post, I last saw Uriah Heep 40 years ago!!

Yeah, Mick Box sure is over 70 but he sure rocks amazing, his white mane gives him the energy! Canadian Bernie Shaw and Phil Lanzon have been great integral members for over 2 decades and have penned incredible songs on their last few albums. I had not even thought about the former or late members (Hensley, Kerslake, 3 deceased bass players Thain, Wetton & Trevor Boulder but I would had loved to see a reunion with John Lawton who was incredible or Peter Goalby who was very underrated.

At Dosey Doe's the Meet & greets are guaranteed, free and very laid back. It's a dine-in venue so tickets have a higher price tag with dinner included at a $110-$130. Beats standing in a theater for sure but for us older but young at heart dudes it's perfect :-)

Great show in Dallas the other night. I thought they gave the support act too much stage time. Could have stood about 30 minutes less of them & 30 minutes more Heep. Support sound was loud & muddy too... interesting band however. Heep's mix was still pretty loud but much cleaner. On the west coast now.