Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Holy Grails

Quote Originally Posted by markwoll View Post
    Clear memories of the shows I saw back in the 70's and early 80's.
    So, so true.
    David
    Happy with what I have to be happy with.

Box set of the complete Rock In Opposition festival at the New London Theatre, 12th March 1978 with the full performances from Henry Cow, Samla Mammas Manna, Univers Zero, Stormy Six and Etron Fou. Preferably with a book included to feature a 20,000 word screed by Chris Cutler and numerous colour photographs of Lars Hollmer looking sceptical.
    “your ognna pay pay with my wrath of ballbat”

Bandcamp Profile

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Blu-Ray of NEARfest 2011 complete
    As far ones that actually happened... I'd love anything from NEARfest 2006 (my one and only NEARfest). The FM CD/DVD is excellent. The Keith Emerson Band performance would be at the top of my list. I know Keith wasn't playing like he used to but it was still a great concert and set list.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    There are plenty of reasonably priced used copies on CD on Discogs - the best bet looks like one from Canada for $13 plus postage:

https://www.discogs.com/sell/item/566954374?ev=bp_det
    Merci beaucoup, Monsieur Levin!

Just ordered!
    Last edited by progeezer; 11-22-2017 at 06:19 PM.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

I’m sure it’s bound to be a disappointment but...Al mismo jardín que yo solía ir by La Banda de los Hermanos Cruz. Just because it’s so appallingly rare.
    Confirmed Bachelors: the dramedy hit of 1883...

Some recordings properly given the 5.1 treatment on BluRay:
    The Who- Who's Next
    Todd Rundgren's Utopia
    Todd Rundgren - A Wizard/A True Star
    Renaissance - Live At Carnegie Hall
    Boston - Boston
    The Beatles - Abbey Road
    Dan Fogelberg - The Innocent Age
    Focus - Moving Waves
    Kansas - Leftoverture
    Led Zeppelin II
    Led Zeppelin IV
    Led Zeppelin - Houses Of The Holy
    Nektar - Down To Earth
    Pink Floyd- Meddle
    Alan Parsons Project - Pyramid
    Franks Zappa - Hot Rats
    Frank Zappa - Apostrophe

Vangelis - live 70's recordings, plus some of his many unreleased works (especially the theater music from the 80's).

Cardiacs - LSD.

Quality full concert recordings from Tangerine Dream '81, Pink Floyd '77/86, Waters 85/86.

I understand Rick Wright was working on some new piano music when he passed. If any of that was recorded, I'd sure love to hear that.
    If you're actually reading this then chances are you already have my last album but if NOT and you're curious:
    https://battema.bandcamp.com/

Also, Ephemeral Sun: it's a thing and we like making things that might be your thing: https://ephemeralsun.bandcamp.com

Footage of Genesis live on The Lamb... tour. The Shrine concert was filmed (the same one as was multi-tracked, which is a help!) but it is not clear how much and whether anything else is left- probably not. Here's what does exist for certain, notice the encore of 'The Musical Box' is also here:

A multi-tracked concert of Yes doing Tales... in full and Jethro Tull doing Thick As A Brick (and for its fans, A Passion Play) are other big ones.

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    A high quality Univers Zero DVD & a release of the Once Upon A Time In Belgium (UZ-Present-Aranis) concert as a CD/DVD would be my top two picks.
    And why not add this (Univers Zero) music:
    • The Sinfonietta Riga at the New Music Festival Arena in Riga on the 15th october 2010:
    Carabosse
    La Corne du Bois des Pendus
    Chinavox
    Rapt d'Abadallah
    Variations on Mellotronic's Theme
    La Mort de Sophocle
    L'Ogre et ses Appâts
    Kermesse Atomique
    Last edited by Zeuhlmate; 11-23-2017 at 10:40 AM.

Zappa/Mothers live in 1967.

La Monte Young finally releasing some of his tapes of The Theater Of Eternal Music,circa 1963-1965.Young has been sitting on dozens of hours of tapes of this landmark ensemble,which,at times included Young on sax and voice,Marian Zazeela on voice drone,Tony Conrad on violin,John Cale on viola,Angus MacLise on percussion.

So many hip sessions recorded for the Strata-East label still haven't seen the light of day.

Music recorded in Paris in the mid 70's for the Palm label,by Khan Jamal,Byard Lancaster,Frank Lowe,Bakaida Carroll and others.
    "please do not understand me too quickly"-andre gide

A professionally recorded (i.e. better than Yessongs) full live set from the Yes 1971-2 Fragile tour would be nice.

Bandcamp Profile

I would also really like to hear the version of Viljans Oga that we'd have got if the rest of the band had let Mattias have his way.

Bandcamp Profile

-All the early Kaye/Banks era Yes videos in one set.
    -A few of those Grobschnitt Silver Mint CDs of Solar Musik
    -Copy of the first Soft Machine album (diecut) that I used to have.
    -Kevin Ayers Still Life With Guitar LP, reasonably priced
    -Here & Now's Gospel of the Free CD
    -Klaus Doldinger's Motherhood on LP
    and finally

-The Beatles' Carnival of Light. The original two track tape, or whatever it is!
    "Always ready with the ray of sunshine"

"Always ready with the ray of sunshine"

Since the collector's definition of a "Holy Grail" is not something that doesn't exist, I'll stick with my most wanted LP, which I had, back in the murky mists of time. (Meaning, around 1980 or '81.) It was a Genesis bootleg called Live at Rainbow 2 Jan 1977 or something very close to that. It was a plain white cover with a cover insert, like the old TAKRL boots. I think the insert was yellow, but I don't remember what picture or drawing was on the insert. Since then, I've managed to get 2 different later issues of this LP, which come in a stamped cover. One even has the right catalog number (S-001.) However, the original with the insert cover has evaded me. If anyone has this, and can send a picture of the insert, it would be greatly appreciated, and may aid in the Quest for the Graal.

This barely qualifies, but I didn't want to start a new thread:

Genesis TV footage, 1976:

https://youtu.be/_lzv0UdsZx8

(I'm on my phone, so I'm not sure if this will embed)

I would love to see a DVD of ELP from the 73/74 tour, and not the California Jam, but a show with ELP’s own stage with the complete concert.

As for the Lamb Lies Down, go see the Musical Box it’s as good as close as it gets. ;-)

Back in the 70's I recorded a ton of radio concerts on cassette which either got lost of broken over the years. Many I have replaced by downloads but there are some that I'm sure I'm still missing. I'd like to hear some of the old King Biscuit Flower Hour shows in full but many of them are lost and probably most of the shows ended up in the cutting room trash can.

I'd love to get:

Akira Inoue / Tokyo Installation on CD or vinyl (I only have this on CD-R) Has been impossible to track down.
    Jerry Harrison / The Red And The Black on CD (I only have this on vinyl) Can be easily found on Discogs but not at a price I'm willing to pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Fracktured View Post
    Back in the 70's I recorded a ton of radio concerts on cassette which either got lost of broken over the years. Many I have replaced by downloads but there are some that I'm sure I'm still missing. I'd like to hear some of the old King Biscuit Flower Hour shows in full but many of them are lost and probably most of the shows ended up in the cutting room trash can.
    Many of those shows were on LP (and later CD,) commercials and all. They can be purchased on the second hand market, and aren't terribly expensive, most of the time. I have pretty much all of the Genesis ones from before they went in the crapper, as well as a handful of others.

Zappa with Roland Kirk

The full shows

There is supposed to be a small clip of 16mm film of Gong from Stockholm in March during a happening around the Andy Warhol exhibition there. Ron Geesin, Pärson Sound and Gong played.

A time machine so that I could go back to the early 70s and see a bunch of shows. Failing that, a US tour by Panic Room. And if I can't have that, how about Kate Bush releasing on DVD the concert from a couple of years ago and ZPZ releasing a DVD of their One Size Fits All show.

I used to have a recording off the BBC of Manfred Manns Earth Band playing a extended version of "One Way Glass" but the cassette has long been lost. I think the recording was from a John Peel show but it does not seem to have surfaced anywhere.