Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: KING CRIMSON EUROPEAN TOUR 2018

KING CRIMSON EUROPEAN TOUR 2018

https://www.dgmlive.com/news/European_Tour_Dates

Next week, King Crimson will be announcing the dates for next year's European tour. This will visit Poland, Germany, Austria, Czech Republic, Hungary, Sweden, Norway, The Netherlands, Italy, France and UK.

Dates will be announced on Wednesday 22nd November and pre-sale VIP tickets will go on sale on 23rd November. We will be offering both the Royal Package and also a new Courtiers Package. Our Royal Packages and Courtiers Packages in the UK and Germany will be sold through the local promoters. All other countries will be available directly from DGMLIVE as before.

1,000 Club Members will receive a 10% discount. Please check your inboxes, lest this oh-so-important information has been diverted into spam or clutter! There are still some places available for anyone wishing to join. We hope to see you there!
    A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it is not open

Thanks. I missed them last time round, unenthused by what I'd heard to date, but am more interested now.

I could do without all this VIP/Courtiers malarkey, but I understand it makes money for the band, which makes tours viable and perhaps keeps ticket prices lower for the rest of us.

Henry
    Where Are They Now? Yes news: http://www.bondegezou.co.uk/wh_now.htm
    Blogdegezou, the accompanying blog: http://bondegezou.blogspot.com/

Curious to see what this second tier of special packages is, as you now have the courtiers package and the royal package.

Figure there’s a market for it and if it helps this operation keep doing this awesome thing they’re doing, more power to them!

https://www.dgmlive.com/news/European Tour 2018

13th June - Earth Hall,*Poland, Poznan
    14th June - Earth Hall, Poland, Poznan
    16th June -*ICE Congress Hall, Poland, Krakow
    17th June -*ICE Congress Hall, Poland, Krakow
    18th June -*ICE Congress Hall, Poland, Krakow
    20th June -*Lichtburg, Germany, Essen
    23rd June -*Stadthalle, Austria, Vienna
    24th June -*Stadthalle, Austria, Vienna
    26th June -*Forum Karlin, Czech Republic, Prague
    27th June -*Forum Karlin, Czech Republic, Prague
    1st Jul -*Admiralspalast, Germany, Berlin
    5th Jul -*Cirkus, Sweden, Stockholm
    6th Jul -*Cirkus, Sweden, Stockholm
    8th Jul -*Sentrum Scene, Norway, Oslo
    9th Jul -*Sentrum Scene, Norway, Oslo
    10th Jul -*Sentrum Scene, Norway, Oslo
    13th Jul -*Concertgebouw, The Netherlands, Amsterdam
    16th Jul -*Philharmonie, Germany, Munich
    19th Jul -*Teatro Grande, Italy, Pompeii
    20th Jul -*Teatro Grande, Italy, Pompeii
    22nd Jul -*Auditorium Cavea, Italy, Rome
    23rd Jul -*Auditorium Cavea, Italy, Rome
    25th Jul -*Piazza Napoleone, Italy, Lucca
    27th July -*Teatro La Fenice, Italy, Venice
    28th Jul -*Teatro La Fenice, Italy, Venice

29th Oct -*Pavilion Theatre, UK, Bournemouth
    31st Oct -*St Davids, UK, Cardiff
    2nd Nov -*Palladium, UK, London
    6th Nov -*Symphony Hall, UK, Birmingham
    9th Nov -*Bridgewater Hall, UK, Manchester
    12th Nov -*Royal Concert Hall, UK, Glasgow
    15th Nov -*L’Olympia, France, Paris
    16th Nov -*L’Olympia, France, Paris
    Last edited by Obscured; 11-23-2017 at 12:43 AM.
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

They play the Amsterdam Concert hall on 13 july

Ticketprices will be scary.

That is weirdly exactly what the Crim show will look like, both in the house and on the stage.

hmmm so free show probably in Poznan Poland eh? any tips on getting to Poland cheaply? my GF is interested as she is into travelling so could be a good reason to take a little European jaunt.

Are they also going to perform in the Amphteater of Pompeii? interesting!

Quote Originally Posted by gojikranz View Post
    hmmm so free show probably in Poznan Poland eh? any tips on getting to Poland cheaply? my GF is interested as she is into travelling so could be a good reason to take a little European jaunt.
    Where did you get the idea that it is free?

Quote Originally Posted by flytomars View Post
    Where did you get the idea that it is free?
    they do a family and friends show at the start of each tour free to members of the 1000 club. it will probably be the day before the first listed show though they have not emailed us yet so could be different this time.

July 5 & 6- Sweden @ Stockholm Cirkus; "Cirkus'' @ Cirkus. Kewl.
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Rehearsals have begun. www.dgmlive.com
    *** Addressed today: KC repertoire material not yet played by this incarnation, some never performed live, and one of the three most difficult guitar parts in the KC book. ***

Must. Cross. Pond.

Estimated Prophet notallwhowander's Avatar
    Coolness!

Sorry that I'll be here in the States. But please enjoy!
    Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world.

so the teasing of what they're adding to the repertoire begins! Curious as to what pieces fall into Fripp's list of top 3 hardest guitar parts.....Fracture is number one, but we shall certainly see what else he thinks is similarly difficult! Whatever it is, good to see Mr. Bill back in action.....albeit those of us that perhaps hoped they might switch to a four drummer setup (if only for the utter insanity of it), can see that they are clearly sticking to 3 drummers with bill on keys. we certainly shall see!

I would have to think that FraKctured would have to be in the top three hardest guitar parts, but I'm not a guitar player...

Fripp's solo section in LTIA IV is nasty too.

Quote Originally Posted by g.bremer View Post
    I would have to think that FraKctured would have to be in the top three hardest guitar parts, but I'm not a guitar player...
    Yeah, FraKctured is the first one that came on my mind. In fact Trey Gunn is on the record saying that it is THE hardest guitar part in Crimson catalogue.
    My progressive music site: https://pienemmatpurot.com/ Reviews in English: https://pienemmatpurot.com/in-english/

Quote Originally Posted by g.bremer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by marblesmike View Post
    Fripp's solo section in LTIA IV is nasty too.
    One of the night's at The Supper Club in NYC they played those back to back. I haven't been the same since.

Profondo Giallo Crystal Plumage's Avatar
    Here's hoping the will play The Night watch in Amsterdam again, just like they did so many years ago. And yes, tickets were expensive ....
    HuGo
    "Very, very nice," said a man in the crowd,
    When the golden voice appeared.
    She was gold alright, but then so is rust.
    "Such a shame about the beard."

Quote Originally Posted by Obscured View Post
    One of the night's at The Supper Club in NYC they played those back to back. I haven't been the same since.
    Boing!

Quote Originally Posted by Obscured View Post
    "Metal" Crimson is definitely my favorite Crimson, doesn't matter which version of the band. I'd love to hear them do "The Great Deceiver" live.

Least we forget Groon? Ambitious for 1970 IMO.
    Day dawns dark...it now numbers infinity.

Quote Originally Posted by AncientChord View Post
    Least we forget Groon? Ambitious for 1970 IMO.
    Surprised we haven't heard Groon yet, especially considering it's live history as an epic drum solo venue.

groon would be awesome. my mind definitely went to Frakctured on reading the post larks IV would also be great.

outside of the most difficult guitar bits I have been wanting catfood to be added for awhile. feel like that is one of the biggest "classic" era tracks yet to be played.

I'd love them to play all 5 Larks pieces back to back.....