Thread: Banco, Lo Sono Nato Libero - 2017 reissue with additional disc

Banco, Lo Sono Nato Libero - 2017 reissue with additional disc

Here's something interesting for Banco fans:

http://www.rockol.it/news-680316/ban...no-nato-libero

Crappy Google translation:

A path of freedom. In 1973 the air was really overheated, both from people's creativity and from socio-cultural upheavals. "I was born free" came, natural child of this parallel dimension, to speak of freedom in a direct and yet "high" manner, with a language that was not limited to the kissed rhymes but not the slogans of the charge policy. The third album for a band is a bit of a test of the ninth, the moment it must be big and find the most appropriate size for the artist and of course the man - a test completely overcome by the Banco.

In 2017, the instinct of liberty is far more than ever, unfortunately the "things" narrated in "I am born free" are not overshadowed by the dust of time, positively about art, negatively regarding the nature of ' man. Vittorio Nocenzi with the renewed Mutual Relief Bank, in this direction, directed his gaze, looking for the essence of those days to capture vitality and bring it into our time. For this reason Legacy Edition wanted to combine the 1973 recordings with the recent ones, maintaining their total artistic autonomy, rather reiterating it by giving a unitary title to the new compositions. "I am born free" leads directly to "Hard Freedom", not as a sterile re-enactment of the past but as a desire to keep its roots safe without pretending that almost 45 years have passed.

Tracks born with the old passion for direct and unlimited rock: the Banco from the start was concerned only for the full artistic expression and wanted to create a short circuit with the musical language of the moment, which also led to the abolition of the constraints of the stopwatch: freedom from everything, which is also the essence of progressive rock. In the extensive booklet accompanying the music (40 pages in the double version of Cd and 8 in large format in vinyl with the CD of new songs) the story is told with photos not only of the historical period but of so many moments lived by the Banco - there a pedigree tree with album covers and an audio interview on the CD, where Vittorio tells of 1973 and 2017 how he would make a friend around a table to talk about music as something to hit, even when the atmosphere is soothing, who must come to the heart and put the brain to the point.

Based on an image on amazon.co.uk the second CD has the following tracks:

Je suis
    Apres rien, rien est plus le meme
    Improvviso: un viaggio alato!
    Bach chromatic
    La liberta difficile
    Intervista a Vittorio Nocenzi

Anyone know more about this or, better yet, got it??
    “your ognna pay pay with my wrath of ballbat”

Bandcamp Profile

Have it, but got little time to listen to (cause my headphones are kinda broken).

Second disc has new tracks which are partly very interesting variations of the original material (slightly weird but great).

Thanks - and slightly weird is good with me. Am very tempted to pick it up.
    “your ognna pay pay with my wrath of ballbat”

Bandcamp Profile

I finally got this and MAN it sounds incredible!!!! I’m hearing things I never heard before, and I have the original vinyl version as well. This CD blows away any version I’ve ever heard! Have not heard the new music yet, but this is well worth getting! Looking forward to the new album in the spring....
    So much music....so little time....

Thanks for the review of this. I had been wondering if this was worth buying, either for the remixed (or is it remastered?) first disc or the second disc of extras. I've just ordered it from amazon.com (assuming that I bought the right thing, it's listed as "Io Sono Nato Libero 1973-2017"). The picture shows a 2CD set, but the text description says 1 disc.
    Last edited by jefftiger; 02-26-2019 at 02:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jefftiger View Post
    Thanks for the review of this. I had been wondering if this was worth buying, either for the remixed (or is it remastered?) first disc or the second disc of extras. I've just ordered it from amazon.com (assuming that I bought the right thing, it's listed as "Io Sono Nato Libero 1973-2017"). The picture shows a 2CD set, but the text description says 1 disc.
    Should have been around $15.....you will like it!
    So much music....so little time....

is this a remix from the multi-track master? or a remaster from the original master tape?
    Why is it whenever someone mentions an artist that was clearly progressive (yet not the Symph weenie definition of Prog) do certain people feel compelled to snort "thats not Prog" like a whiny 5th grader?

Quote Originally Posted by MYSTERIOUS TRAVELLER View Post
    is this a remix from the multi-track master? or a remaster from the original master tape?
    I can find nothing in the booklet text or on the CD itself that states whether this "legacy" release of the original album is a remix or remaster. I did a search on the web and found this article in Italian (https://www.rockol.it/news-679795/ba...sta?refresh_ce) that discusses the release. I google translated the text and it states that this is a remaster. This confirms my guess; the new release didn't sound very different to earlier editions that I have.