Thread: Michael Nesmith: First National Band shows

Michael Nesmith: First National Band shows

The wife and I are flying out to LA to see Michael Nesmith play a show at The Troubadour in Santa Monica on Thursday January 25th.

He's playing 2 shows in January in SoCal.

These shows are featuring music from his First National Band albums. And his band includes 2 of his sons, Christian and Jonathan Nesmith. Christian in particular has a prog background, covering Yes, Kevin Gilbert among others.

Just curious if anyone else is going to 1 of these shows (the other being on Tuesday January 23 at The Coach House in San Capistrano, CA)

Unfortunately, the Troubadour show my wife and I are seeing sold out in like an hour on Thursday. The Coach House show, tickets are still available.
    https://thecoachhouse.com/concert-sc...ent_id=7840445

More shows could happen later in the year depending on how these shows go.

If you're a Nez fan especially, these could be something to not miss.

Also for myself, per my love of Kevin Gilbert, I'm looking forward to going to The Troubadour where Kevin's live album was recorded.

All Things Must Pass spellbound's Avatar
    That's great news about the concerts. I can't go; it's too far. If you're a Nez fan, be sure to read his recent autobiography, Infinite Tuesday.
    We're trying to build a monument to show that we were here
    It won't be visible through the air
    And there won't be any shade to cool the monument to prove that we were here. - Gene Parsons, 1973

Quote Originally Posted by mnprogger View Post
    The wife and I are flying out to LA to see Michael Nesmith play a show at The Troubadour in Santa Monica on Thursday January 25th.
    Sounds like it will be a very good show. If you are booking accommodations closeby, be aware the Troubadour is in West Hollywood, not SM. Probably ~30 minutes away, depending on traffic.

The Troubadour is a great venue. Camel packed the place during the Rajaz tour, back in '00.

Quote Originally Posted by arturs View Post
    Sounds like it will be a very good show. If you are booking accommodations closeby, be aware the Troubadour is in West Hollywood, not SM. Probably ~30 minutes away, depending on traffic.

The Troubadour is a great venue. Camel packed the place during the Rajaz tour, back in '00.
    ahh, thanks. I just assumed since it is on Santa Monica Blvd, lol.