Thread: Lunatic Soul - Fractured

Lunatic Soul - Fractured

I know some folk on here like the music of Poland's Riverside, and I'm sure some of you will have tuned into the Lunatic Soul spin-off project by the band's bassist Mariusz Duda.

The new album Fractured is an interesting mix of the experimental and the soul-searching, inspired by some deeply personal experiences over the past year, and having given the albums some serious listening time, I find myself gradually agreeing with Duda's assertion that it's the most original album he's made to date.

You can read more of my thoughts on this very enjoyable album in my latest blog post here:

https://momentstransition.wordpress....ractured-2017/

I need to check this one out. Lunatic Soul have been hit or miss for me. A little sleepy at times. But I love Duda's voice. A lot.
    The Prog Corner

I always liked this project but was never fan of it. Some high moments, for sure.

The funniest part was the reaction of my Latvian progmusic friend couple of days ago:
    "WTF was that? Anemic synth-pop meets melancholic new-wave meets annoying electronics? Never want to hear anything like that again, ever. And no, this is not prog either."

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Good review, as usual. I actually heard a track from the album last night on House of Prog, and liked it - it sounded quite a bit like Steven Wilson to me, then I remembered that when Riverside was new they were considered a sort of Polish version of Porcupine Tree. But I haven't heard much else from Lunatic Soul, if anything - in fact, I sort of had the outfit confused with the offshoots from Polish band Collage! Anyway, the Lunatic Soul track was nice, and when I thought about it, it sounded like mellow Riverside with some electronics more than anything else.

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    I ordered the new one from Greg Walker. My son likes the band so I really picked it up for him. I already own one Lunatic Soul album.

Jon Neudorf
    Excellent band. I love "Walking On A Flashlight Beam" so am very much looking forward to this.