Thread: Dave Kerzner Static Album Release 2017

Dave Kerzner Static Album Release 2017

Dave Kerzner's new album has just been released and is amazing. If you enjoyed his "New World" album then you will not want to miss
    this release. Can have a listen to some of the album over on his bandcamp page. You will not be disappointed.

https://sonicelements.bandcamp.com/album/static

"Static" is Dave Kerzner's follow up studio solo album to his acclaimed debut "New World". It's a progressive rock concept album and a "rock opera" about the distractions, chaos and clutter in everyday life and about navigating past this "static interference" in our heads toward clarity and happiness.

The album features Kerzner on vocals, keyboards and guitars and he is joined by Steve Hackett (Genesis), Fernando Perdomo (Jakob Dylan), Randy McStine (The Fringe), Matt Dorsey (Sound of Contact), Nick D'Virgilio (Big Big Train), Derek Cintron, Durga McBroom (Pink Floyd), Alex Cromarty (Mostly Autumn), Stuart Fletcher (Sea Horses), Colin Edwin (Porcupine Tree) and more!

"Static" is a "rock opera" with dramatic twists and turns from dark moods to uplifting atmospheric pieces to rich nostalgic rock sounds to modern alt rock edge. The album is the length of a traditional double album on one jam packed CD (or 75+ minute album on CD or download). It features the songs "Hypocrites", "Static", "Reckless", "Trust", "Dirty Soap Box", "The Truth Behind", "Millennium Man", "The Carnival of Modern Life" and more!

Dave Kerzner - Lead Vocals, Keyboards, Guitar
    Fernando Perdomo - Guitar, Bass, Drums
    Randy McStine - Guitar, Bass
    Matt Dorsey - Bass
    Steve Hackett - Guitar
    Nick D'Virgilio - Drums
    Colin Edwin - Bass
    Stuart Fletcher - Bass
    Derek Cintron - Drums
    Nick D'Virgilio - Drums
    Alex Cromarty - Drums
    Durga McBroom - Vocals
    Lorelei McBroom - Vocals
    Ruti Celli - Cello

Album Artwork and Graphics by Ed Unitsky
    Artwork concept by Dave Kerzner

Mixed by Dave Kerzner and Rob Aubrey
    Produced by Dave Kerzner
    Assistant Engineer - Andrew Gonzalez

Recorded at Sonic Reality Studios Miami Fl, Reseda Ranch Studios, Resda CA, Aubitt Studios, UK and all over the world.
    https://sonicelements.bandcamp.com/album/static

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    I've been slowly digging into my download because I'm really waiting for my box set from the Kickstarter campaign. But everything I've heard I've loved so far, which includes the live tracks at ProgDay.

Oh nice you are getting the box set. that will be a sweet listen for sure.

All physical orders including box sets are shipping or very close to shipping! Hard to be exactly sure, but it's imminent! Can't wait to get my box set! But I know it's been a ton of work as always...

Got the box set today! Fun to get all the little extras and have them in a nice box I can keep next to the New World/New World Live box I have!

Haven't finished listening to Static and I've already found it a great album! Complex yet not very abrasive for the ears, well-balanced and musically pleasant.

I got this a couple of weeks ago, and after only one listening I'm really loving it! This release deserves a lot more discussion on this forum.....who else has this, and what do you think? He dedicated the CD to Kevin Gilbert, Keith Emerson, Greg Lake, and John Wetton. A nice touch.....and I can hear a little Kevin Gilbert in some of the songs. This may make my top 10 for the year! It's that good!!!! Any others enjoying Static?
    So much music....so little time....

This is another great Disc from Dave.

This album is awesome.....great songs and great sound quality....
    www.canvasproductions.net

Love his work