Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Female Fronted Prog Bands like these

If it's not bad etiquette to throw in a vote for one's own band:
    https://lasersedge.bandcamp.com/track/a-scarred-view

Quote Originally Posted by The Czar View Post
    I don't know how to post videos on threads to show up on this page... And last time I looked to found out how, it was a waste if time.
    https://youtu.be/hYGbn4sERG4
    Really? It coudn't be any easier.

Copy the URL from the Video and then press the button "Insert Video" and copy the URL there.

Quote Originally Posted by The Czar View Post
    I don't know how to post videos on threads to show up on this page... And last time I looked to found out how, it was a waste if time.
    It's incredibly simple. When composing your post, find the icon that looks like a section of film. It's 2nd from right, to the left of the dialog bubble. If you put your cursor on it, it says "insert video." Click on it. It will open a small window. Enter the URL of the video into the long rectangular box. Select OK or whatever. You're good.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    It's incredibly simple. When composing your post, find the icon that looks like a section of film. It's 2nd from right, to the left of the dialog bubble. If you put your cursor on it, it says "insert video." Click on it. It will open a small window. Enter the URL of the video into the long rectangular box. Select OK or whatever. You're good.
    Ok thanks. lets try it.

" My advice is to get them off right after your shoes and before your trousers... that's the sock gap. Miss it and suddenly you're a naked man in socks. No self-respecting woman will let a naked man in socks do the squelchy with her. "

http://thefairlysecretarmy.bandcamp.com/

http://wavesofmercury.bandcamp.com/

Recently discovered Velvet Paw, another all-girl Japanese band. Supposedly they started out more as a prog band, but by the time of their first (1989) album for CBS/Sony, they had become more of an AOR band. Later albums drifted towards typically girly J-pop.

The aforementioned Rosalia EP is more worthy of you time, but I thought I’d mention them anyway:

Confirmed Bachelors: the dramedy hit of 1883...

NIL, French band, Roselyne Berthet vocals...

Quote Originally Posted by Rand Kelly View Post
    Thanks. Loved Finneus Gauge, despite the not too good production on their Cyclops-albums.

I really liked Finneus Gauge’s More Once More. Didn’t care much for Chris Buzby’s synth sounds (you could say the same about Echolyn’s albums around the same time...listened to As the World lately?) but the music was pretty great. Haven’t heard the second yet.

I just discovered this rare live video of the previously-mentioned Rosalia. The keyboardist is Naomi Miura, who had her own band (After the Rain) when this one broke up, and was later briefly a member of Ars Nova:

Confirmed Bachelors: the dramedy hit of 1883...

^Nice find, Greg! Naomi should have stayed in Ars Nova, or found another band. (Well, she probably did, but they didn't cut any tracks.) I really liked the double-keys formation with Keiko and Mika.

I'm following this thread as there are some names on here I am not familiar with and will have to look up.

also *cough* I have two bands that may be of interest to some They do not sound alike so YMMV depending on the type of music you like.

Both bands have new music - The one band Green Cathedral released its debut album late last year and The Red Masque is currently in the studio and should have an available album by the summer. We are currently fundraising for the music video and production costs. We also just released a live album in February.
    Music
    The Red Masque: www.theredmasque.com
    Green Cathedral: www.green-cathedral.com
    Art
    www.lynnetteshelley.com

I bought Green Cathedral but haven't spun it yet.

Rediscovered this thread of mine and am really enjoying going through it again. Lots of nice ideas here. A point that keeps streaming through my mind as I do so is how important proper representation is. That is, when I am meandering, trying to find new music, especially music video, often times I stumble upon the groups lesser output and dismiss them being ignorant of their better content. So often, the music video that you all post in a thread like this is that bands only shot for me. There is just too much out there to explore everything in depth. Now obviously, if I like the post (music video), I eagerly explore the band in question further.

This said, I didnt do a great job representing what I was after in my initial post to start this thread. Sure, I mentioned some bands, but I didnt go on to show them doing their thing in a setting I find most satisfying. For me, that is live performance. Official Band Video is NOT my favorite way to view/listen. So what I want to do here now is give you what (for me) is the height of live performance for each and a few related others. Enjoy!

My primary venue for music right now is music video. For that, video and sound quality are important. Going back to what I said about representing, its really hard to get too involved in watching something that looks and sounds horrible.