Thread: Recent Phil Collins Interview

Recent Phil Collins Interview

On his book tour...

Thanks for the link.. good interview

NEARfest Officer Emeritus Nearfest2's Avatar
    Phil really looks and sounds worn out.
    Chad

Does he talk about the reunion??
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by Nearfest2 View Post
    Phil really looks and sounds worn out.
    This was my take. I had to stop about 5 minutes in because it was too painful. I sure hope he's not fallen off the wagon, but it kind of seemed a bit like that to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Koreabruce View Post
    This was my take. I had to stop about 5 minutes in because it was too painful. I sure hope he's not fallen off the wagon, but it kind of seemed a bit like that to me.
    Wow. I too found it difficult to watch; it is hard to reconcile the Phil of today with the Phil of my memory.
    I hope he is OK.

Rufus should be pleased....

His old foe is withering away.

I refuse to watch any recent footage of him. According to the comments I read here on PE (this thread is an example or comments on his last tour where he was sitting down the whole time) he is not in good shape for a man his age. I'd much rather keep the memory of how he used to be.

I have read good things about his recent live shows from those who attended- despite his physical issues, apparently he was in good spirits. Amazingly the reviews were good. These interviews were a while before that tour.

Quote Originally Posted by JJ88 View Post
    These interviews were a while before that tour.
    Well, if that's true that's certainly encouraging. I only wish Phil the best. He's brought so much joy to my life through the music he's created with Genesis and as a solo artist, not to mention the huge number of appearances he makes on others' works.

Quote Originally Posted by Koreabruce View Post
    Wow, that's exactly what I was thinking. I also couldn't finish watching it.
    I'm holding out for the Wilson-mixed 5.1 super-duper walletbuster special anniversary extra adjectives edition.

I watched the whole thing a little while back, and it was very tough after all these years of seeing eager, bright-eyed and bushy-tailed Phil. He seems out of it, and slurring a lot. But I attribute that to the pain meds he might have been on considering his misfortunes around this time.

I found his book a fascinating read, particularly the honest, naked account of his harrowing descent into alcoholism at such a late stage in life (especially for someone in the music biz!)
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    I will never get over that sexy facial expression <3