Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: Houston - And Florida

Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    Now they're naming tropical depressions.
    I've never had a tropical depression.

Had a few rainy Pacific Northwest depressions....

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    Now they're naming tropical depressions. It's been raining here like the dickens and they are calling it "Phillipe."..
    Damn, I didn't know this f-er was heading toward the Northeast! We're expecting strong winds tonight, which probably just means my car will be covered in a ton of wet pine needles tomorrow. F*ck you, Phillipe!

I seem to recall that storms weren't named until they become a tropical storm, not a wave or depression. I guess a storm and a depression is like the difference between a hotdog and a knockwurst

Our temperatures are dropping into the twenties and teens. Our cats are saying, "fuck this, where's my bed". All we're missing is the white stuff.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

(At 35 mph they get names.) I'm near Niagara Falls checking on the weather back home in Tampa....Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. #@%&% !!

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Damn, I didn't know this f-er was heading toward the Northeast! We're expecting strong winds tonight, which probably just means my car will be covered in a ton of wet pine needles tomorrow. F*ck you, Phillipe!
    Not too much in the way of wind (I think that will hit Long Island more), but we're getting pissed on by Phillipe!

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Not too much in the way of wind (I think that will hit Long Island more), but we're getting pissed on by Phillipe!
    It has hit LI . Impressive amounts of rain overnight and very strong wind. Im close to te Great south Bay, down the block and saw at 5am a lot of flooding while walking the dog. Small tree branches down and several short losses of power overnight. Waiting for daylight for a real assessment, I know the lawn furniture has been redistributed to the far corners of the yard. If it were snow..............yeech.

Quote Originally Posted by nycsteve View Post
    Im close to te Great south Bay...
    Whereabouts? I spent a significant part of my childhood in Merrick, and my childhood home was destroyed by Sandy...
    Cobra handling and cocaine use are a bad mix.

Quote Originally Posted by Sturgeon's Lawyer View Post
    Whereabouts? I spent a significant part of my childhood in Merrick, and my childhood home was destroyed by Sandy...
    Im in Blue Point, its a tiny one between Sayville and Patchague. I didn't grow up out here, was a city boy into my 30's. Both my daughters grew up here, excellent place to raise children. Sandy came half way up the driveway, close but no cigar.

Ah. I spent much quality time in Patchogue with my mother's parents, who lived in Mastic Beach, just past Brookhaven up the Sunrise Highway.
    Cobra handling and cocaine use are a bad mix.

School Snow Day tomorrow! Yay! Now, if only it doesn't snow it'd be the perfect snow day...

Pretty soon you’ll be able to go over the falls in a barrel ... and bounce.

It's in the 40s down here. Iguanas are falling out of trees.