Thread: RIP Kenny Shields - Streetheart last july 21st.

RIP Kenny Shields - Streetheart last july 21st.

I really enjoyed their first two albums (it kind of went sour from the third one onwards)

Three of these dudes would end up in Loverboy during the 80's (guitarist Dean, drummer Frenette and later bassist Sinnaeve)

As for the recently departed singer Kenny Shields, it's a little surprising he never broke through.

RIP
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Quote Originally Posted by Trane View Post
    Three of these dudes would end up in Loverboy during the 80's (guitarist Dean, drummer Frenette and later bassist Sinnaeve)
    When I saw the thread title, I was trying to suss out why I knew the band's name, which I knew from an article on Paul Dean that appeared in Guitar Player in 1983 (same issue as the "Women In Rock" article, with Kelly Johnson from Girlschool on the cover). I'm not sure I was really aware that they had actually made any records.

Before Streethaert, Kenny Shields and bassist Sinnaeve were part of the 60's group Witness Inc (also from Winnipeg) and had released a bunch of garage rock singles between 67 and 69, though I have no idea of what they did between 69 to 76

The only other group I can think of coming from Winnipeg is The Guess Who ... and that was on another whole level.
    (though I believe Tom "Red Rider" Cochrane was also from the area)
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Quote Originally Posted by Trane View Post
    Before Streethaert, Kenny Shields and bassist Sinnaeve were part of the 60's group Witness Inc (also from Winnipeg) and had released a bunch of garage rock singles between 67 and 69, though I have no idea of what they did between 69 to 76

The only other group I can think of coming from Winnipeg is The Guess Who ... and that was on another whole level.
    (though I believe Tom "Red Rider" Cochrane was also from the area)
    also from Winnipeg : Crash Test Dummies, Bachman Turner Overdrive, Watchmen, Harlequin, The Wailin' Jennys, and Neil Young got his start on the local scene there
    I remember tomorrow

It was obvious to me that mentionning TGW implied automatically BTO

TBH, I'd totally forgotten about Harlequin, which was totally forgotten anyways...

The rest I didn't know about, but I just did my homework... Thx