Thread: Rest in Peace Jay Thomas (Cheers, Mork and Mindy, Murphy Brown)

Rest in Peace Jay Thomas (Cheers, Mork and Mindy, Murphy Brown)

Can't find a topic about this.

Anyway, I guess he had cancer.

As a Cheers fan among other things he did, this is quite sad.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...-death-1032414

He was also notable for his many appearances on Letterman. I remember one prominent scene of his from Cheers. The set up was that having washed up from the NHL, Eddie LeBec left the Boston Bruins and joined the Ice Capades to wear a furry costume and skate around an arena. There were other hockey players doing the same thing. Carla calls the locker room of whatever arena they're performing in and talks to Eddie. Behind him are guys in big costumes, maneuvering clumsily. One bumps another, who retaliates with a shove, and then the whole locker room, including Eddie, gets swept up in an NHL-level brawl. It was hilarious. RIP Jay, I hope that they're hearing the Lone Ranger story in heaven.

I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    I think I know him mainly from the Letterman appearances, though he did a lot I see. Damn sad. In his heyday from the photos he looks like a young Joe Biden. I saw my share of Cheers and Murphy Brown but can't remember if I saw any of those.

Not much of a TV watcher but while I was watching that Letterman interview.....I got the feeling I recognized that guy.....it finally hit me.......he was the annoying geek at the Dude Ranch in an episode of Boston Legal......"we're on a trip of a lifetime"
    The Ice Cream Lady Wet her drawers........To see you in the Passion Playyyy eeee - I. Anderson

"It's kind of like deciding not to date a beautiful blonde anymore because she farted." - Top Cat

I was expecting to be kinda meh, but it made my nips stiffen - Jerjo

(Zamran) "that fucking thing man . . . it sits there on my wall like a broken clock " - Helix

Social Media is the "Toilet" of the Internet - Lady Gaga