Thread: LOCKN' 2017

LOCKN' 2017

They are streaming it this year.. https://www.relix.com/locknlive/
    They took the main stage off the "race track" this year and placed it in the meadow where they've done Festy (https://www.thefesty.com/#Lineup). Umphrey's and String Cheese kicked it off last night.. Govt Mule is doing a set with Ann Wilson tonight.. and from what I've heard it's heavy on the Led Zeppelin side of things.. http://www.locknfestival.com/lineup No "big" headliner this year.. they were hoping to get either Bob Seeger or The Who but neither panned out..
    Always a fun four days of music.. and this year the weather is cooperating.. low humidity and clear skies in the 4cast..

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Cool, lots of Phil Lesh/ Bob Weir stuff tonight too. Thanks. Just downloaded the Umphrey's show from last night for the hell of it.
    Listening to the cover of Talking Heads' Making Flippy Hoppy from last night - sounds like a cross between that song and Floyd's On the Run!

EDIT:

Oops, the Weir and Lesh stuff was last night. Widespread Panic now, I think? Sounds pretty good.
    Last edited by JKL2000; 08-26-2017 at 10:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Cool, lots of Phil Lesh/ Bob Weir stuff tonight too. Thanks. Just downloaded the Umphrey's show from last night for the hell of it.
    Listening to the cover of Talking Heads' Making Flippy Hoppy from last night - sounds like a cross between that song and Floyd's On the Run!
    It might actually be that. They like to do mash up of songs, and Talking Heads / Floyd are ones they have done before.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    John Fogerty is on now. He looks pretty good, and sounds good too!

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    John Fogerty is on now. He looks pretty good, and sounds good too!
    Saw him live for the first time ever last year. He exceeded all of my expectations.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    Saw him live for the first time ever last year. He exceeded all of my expectations.
    John knocked it out of the park last night.. very high energy.. Very impressed with his band.. his son traded licks with him on a couple of songs.. fruit doesn't fall far from that tree for sure that kid is great..
    Other highlights for me this weekend was Brandi Carlile as well as Ann Wilson's brief set with Govt Mule.. as expected she did several Zeppelin songs then a Janis Joplin tune finishing up with Magic Man..

Great set from Philmoe. just ended; w/Bob Weir joining his Deadmate Phil Lesh-

Box of Rain
    Silver Sun>
    The Other One*^
    Ophelia (The Band)%
    Four>
    Bird Song>
    Four
    The Music Never Stopped#
    Sugar Magnolia**>
    Scarlet Begonias**

* Achilles Last Stand tease (Led Zeppelin)
    ^ w/Graham Lesh on guitar

% w/David Shaw (vocals), Rob Ingraham (sax) & Michael Girardot (trumpet) from the Revivalists

# w/Bob Weir (guitar & vocals), Nicki Bluhm (vocals), Graham Lesh (guitar)

** w/Bob Weir (guitar &vocals)
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973