Thread: Antoine Fafard fans...

Antoine Fafard fans...

I have one of his albums and like his style. My question is; which album is considered his best by his fans?
    Why is it whenever someone mentions an artist that was clearly progressive (yet not the Symph weenie definition of Prog) do certain people feel compelled to snort "thats not Prog" like a whiny 5th grader?

Quote Originally Posted by MYSTERIOUS TRAVELLER View Post
    I have one of his albums and like his style. My question is; which album is considered his best by his fans?
    I can't speak for his first solo-album (haven't heard it), but from the three others (a new one coming later this year) I would go for the last one, Sphère, mainly because it's the only CD on which he plays with one band (Gary Husband and Jerry De Villiers Jr.). But you could also go for Occultus Tramitis, because of the playing of so many great musicians, like Jerry Goodman, Dave Weckl, Gavin Harrison, Chad Wackerman, Terry Bozzio and Scott Henderson. And Ad Perpetuum has Vinnie Colaiuta. All three contain great jazz-rock, played in a seventies-style (so more compositions, less impro).

I find all his albums exceptionally good. Great great fusion with a prog vibe....phenomenal musician. I don't think you could make a bad choice. I think I just saw a box set soon available- possibly on his website?

Quote Originally Posted by Proghound View Post
    I find all his albums exceptionally good. Great great fusion with a prog vibe....phenomenal musician. I don't think you could make a bad choice. I think I just saw a box set soon available- possibly on his website?
    That's correct, see http://www.antoinefafard.com/index.html

Don't forget his Spaced Out band, very formidable progfusion.

I listened to his new cd last night. It's not out yet but it was very good.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

Banned
    Well anything by Spaced Out.

At the moment I'm giving Proto Mundi its first listen. I like it a lot, while it's also funny to receive this album which features Simon Phillips in extremis right after Protocol IV.

Some new music from Antoine:

New music for 2019!

I'm happy to announce a series of new projects for 2019!

A new album entitled Borromean Odyssey featuring Todd Sucherman on drums and Gary Husband on keys will come out this year, and we're aiming at an August release. More details for this project will be announced a few months prior to the release date.

I'm also beginning in 2019 a series of collaborations that will be released under the name of Random Symbiotic Influx. This project will feature original music entirely accessible on YouTube, as well as available to download and stream. The very first piece to be released is called Dormitorium's Lullaby and features London-based drummer Anmol Mohara. Check it out!

Thanks!
    Antoine

he played on one of Mystery albums as well...

is there a new album?
    Why is it whenever someone mentions an artist that was clearly progressive (yet not the Symph weenie definition of Prog) do certain people feel compelled to snort "thats not Prog" like a whiny 5th grader?

Quote Originally Posted by MYSTERIOUS TRAVELLER View Post
    is there a new album?
    Yes, there is. Borromean Odyssey, featuring Todd Sucherman on drums and Gary Husband on keys.

The only one of his that I've got is Sphere -- but it's a really good one!

In response to Mysterious Travellers original post .......DPRP have reviewed a number of his albums

http://www.dprp.net/reviews/2015-006#fafard

http://www.dprp.net/reviews/2015-030#fafard

http://www.dprp.net/reviews/2016-059#fafard

http://www.dprp.net/reviews/2018-003

His latest album might be the best one yet. Apart from the music ( which is outstanding), I like how the story line outlined in Borromean Odyssey relates to the tale presented in Proto Mundi
    Last edited by prestonplatform; 08-30-2019 at 05:14 PM.

Loving the new one, Borromean Odyssey.
    Coming September 1st - "Dean Watson Revisited"!

Love Antoine. Had a quick listen of the new album. Awesome, but Proto Mundi may be my fave of his releases so far.