Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: District 97/Dave Kerzner Band STATIC VAULTS US TOUR

Just a bump to say that we have one final D97/DKB show to add on Thursday, 10/26, and that's at the legendary Orion Sound Studios in Baltimore! This will be the first show there in quite some time, and as I understand it will sort of usher in a new era there. We hope some PE folks can make it out! More info at http://www.orionsound.com/.

Been listening to the Deluxe edition a lot. She shines in many songs. Would be a blast to have her come and see it live. I'm looking to donate now. It's currently at $700 out of $3000.

Quote Originally Posted by doh View Post
    Been listening to the Deluxe edition a lot. She shines in many songs. Would be a blast to have her come and see it live. I'm looking to donate now. It's currently at $700 out of $3000.
    Good news is that it was enough money to fly Durga over from Italy (close enough) so we're bringing her out for the first two big festival gigs, Progstock (which my band is now headlining filling in for Echolyn) and Progtoberfest. We didn't raise enough money to keep her for the rest of the tour unfortunately but she and her sister will be joining us for Cruise To The Edge 2018. They also sing on my new album Static which comes out digitally on October 1st!

I also want to mention that D97 will be playing a show on Monday, 10/16 at the University of Pittsburgh at Greensburg, PA. This is the inaugural event of the World Prog Project and also features Valdez (featuring members of Tinyfish and Echolyn). Tickets and more info at http://www.district97.net/shows/ferg...heater-wvaldez. We haven't been in the area for a long time, and this is beautiful venue, so we hope to see some of you there!

Here's a link to a really cool podcast called SoundinFive that I was the first guest on. Check it out at https://soundcloud.com/user-344143028.

Here's the new promo video for the tour:

And here's an interview I did Sunday talking about the tour among other things: https://www.podomatic.com/podcasts/p...21_17_25-07_00

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    ^ Nice promo video!

Wow, very nicely done!

As a related aside, the new Dave Kezner album sounds great - at least what I've listened to over at his bandcamp page. Can't wait to get my hands on this!
    The Prog Corner

Quote Originally Posted by miamiscot View Post
    As a related aside, the new Dave Kezner album sounds great - at least what I've listened to over at his bandcamp page. Can't wait to get my hands on this!
    Thanks! We'll be performing songs from my new album "Static" as well as from "New World" and some of the Sound of Contact songs that I've been playing plus at the end you can expect something cool from both bands teaming up to pay homage to the late Greg Lake and John Wetton! It's going to be an awesome show so I hope anyone who is close to these venues or likes to travel will catch at least one! If you can make it to ProgStock or Progtoberfest I will even have Durga McBroom, long time vocalist with Pink Floyd, and we do Great Gig In the Sky with her plus all sorts of surprises.

For anyone who wants a quick overview of the songs from my new album you can now listen to this audio preview I put together of "highlights" from each song (including a segment with Steve Hackett and Nick D'Virgilio in the middle):

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    ^ Nice promo video!
    Dave did the video, and I agree he did a great job on it! Here's Prog magazine's story on the video and tour: http://teamrock.com/news/2017-10-04/...r-promo-teaser.

There's a Buy 3 Get One Free deal on tickets this weekend to the Philly-area show on 10/25. Go to http://www.kennettflash.org/event/1522449 to take advantage of the FABFOUR promo.

The tour kicks off this weekend with Dave's appearance at Progstock, and then our appearance Monday at U of Pittsburgh! Then we'll join forces at Progtoberfest to begin our series of shows. This tour will be your first chance to hear lots of new D97 music destined for our next album, as well as some old favorites and a tribute to our recently departed friend John Wetton. Dave has plenty of tricks up his sleeve, too! Additionally, we'll be unveiling our 10th Anniversary T-Shirts on this tour. They're designed by Björn Gooßes, who designed all of our studio albums, and took similar care with this design. And they're being printed as we speak by PE's own Sean Tonar! Take a look:

District97-TenYearsShirt-A-grey-Preview-final.jpg

Nifty. I'm in for one.

Here's a taste of what to expect from the show (click for a live video from our rehearsal):

What a coincidence that Peter and I will be driving down to visit the Katsikas's the weekend of Oct 27th (we're hanging around Saturday to go to Steve's annual Halloween MJ "Thriller" big band show Sat. night. & driving back to Madtown Sunday).

'Tis rumored that we're all staying at the same Italo-Greek hotel Friday night, Jonathan. I've been assured by the innkeeper that there's room for all.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Man, I am so excited for next week. I'll see you at Reggies.

Quote Originally Posted by doh View Post
    Man, I am so excited for next week. I'll see you at Reggies.
    Yes, see you TOMORROW! This will begin our run of 6 shows with Dave. Let us know if you're coming. Here's D97 warming up in rehearsal today (click to watch):

It's that time for me to head to Kennett Square to see Dave Kerzner and District 97. The Kennett Flash is a great "small" intimate venue to see a show.

I too am getting ready to head to The Kennett Flash, and tomorrow, NJ Proghouse. A nice 2 days

It's been a long day. Or two. Two concerts, two days, 100 miles round trip to Kennett Flash. 100 miles round trip to the NJ Prog House. I took my sons 29, and 26 to see District 97 and Dave Kerzner at the Flash, and made 2 new fans for both groups. My oldest was knocked out by District 97, and they were fantastic as usual,even more fantastic actually. I was surprised that they opened the show, but it just seemed right to see them first. What a rush they are. Their new songs are great and blended in flawlessly with the older songs, and the John Wetton tribute, Starless And Bible Black was a show stopper.
    Dave Kerzners band was a great way to end the night. I was surprised having not heard any of Squids new album "Static", just how heavy and rocking the new songs would be. Wow! They tore the roof off the place. The Flash was about as full as I've ever seen it which was really nice.
    Last night at the Prog House was equally as impressive. Having never seen The Tangent, or Karmakanic, I was happy to put faces with the songs that I have been listening to for so long. The two bands, playing together as one, was a novel approach to presenting the music. These guys put on an outstanding show, and I'm sure they were tired and worn out after the last two weeks of touring. I hesitate to single out anyone in particular, but, I have to say, Luke knocked my socks off. I have heard so much about him for so long all I can say is you have to see him to believe it. I felt a little bad about Andy because it was obvious he was having some difficulty seeing his equipment, and I know what this is like since I travel around now with 4 or 5 different pairs of glasses just trying to see on a daily basis.
    It was a joy to see so many GREAT musicians making up all 3 of these bands, I was so impressed, with everyone and everything, its just going to take me a few days to reflect back over all that I saw.
    I want to thank all the bands for making the effort to do these shows, that enable us as fans, and perhaps as musicians ourselves, to experience this wonderful music that I live for and listen to all day, everyday. To have the opportunity to sit so close and really feel for a few hours that you are really part of the band is what it is all about for me.

I was supposed to drive to Louisville yesterday with my son to spend the weekend with the Katsikas's and see Steve's band Grackle open for D97, but a fever of 101 and the f'ng flu reared its ugly head Thursday night and I didn't have the energy nor did I want to expose anyone if there was potential for contagion.

At least today I feel like I've been run over by a car instead of a Mack truck.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

That was a lot of fun! Although some of us, including myself, caught Jonathan's cold! Managed to get through to the end and spent the whole weekend recovering over here. It was great to meet some PE people on this tour and at the two festivals we played, Progtoberfest and Progstock. I met a few PE lurkers who like to read what we all say but don't post much if it at all themselves. Maybe they're reading this! Hello! Anyway, thanks to those of you who came out to see this rare show. It was a fun evening of music with two bands who offer distinctly different angles on Prog music. Certainly plenty of flashy playing and odd time signatures with an amazingly entertaining front woman, Leslie Hunt, on the D97 portion of the evening. My music is more of the atmospheric melodic symphonic a la Floyd, Genesis (but with a modern aggressive edge to it at times, especially the new album as was pointed out above). People walked away entertained and that was our job so mission accomplished!

Next stop for me and my band is Cruise To The Edge in February starting with a pre-cruise party on Feb 2nd which I'll be headlining with a special celebration of Pink Floyd music featuring special guests Durga and Lorelei McBroom (backing vocalists from Pink Floyd) and Harry Waters (Roger Waters' son who played with Roger for The Wall Tour and many others) plus John Wesley from Porcupine Tree and we'll see who else is going to join us for this fun one off prog party! Then, on the boat, I'll be performing with my solo band, the Dave Kerzner Band featuring the McBroom Sisters and performing Static again as well as with Sound of Contact performing all of Dimensionaut which I've never had the chance to do so I'm looking forward to that immensely! If you're thinking about going on Cruise To The Edge it's pretty darn awesome. This time it'll be Yes, Marillion, Steve Hackett, Saga, Adrian Belew Power Trio and all sorts of great bands on a 5 day cruise. http://www.cruisetotheedge.com

I don't play live that often. Just in these special situations that come up.

^^Haha, well in my defense, both Leslie and Jim were sick before I was, so they're the true culprits! Hope you're feeling better, Dave. Anyhow, the tour was tons of fun, and the audiences did indeed seem to have a great time. Our 10th Anniversary Shirts were very popular at the merch table, and we do have a limited amount for sale at http://www.district97.net/store/10th...ersary-t-shirt if anyone here would like to nab one.

A big thanks to all who came! Hope to see you again before long.