Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Kaipa - Children of the Sounds

Quote Originally Posted by progmatist View Post
    The vinyl comes with a CD. You could get it now, then put up with the CD until you get a turntable. In a couple of months, there's a chance the vinyl will no longer be available.
    That's a good point. How do you think the songs compare to other recent Kaipa albums? I felt the one track I heard was more interesting than what we've been getting the last few years.
    <sig out of order>

I think Hans believes the hyper-compression makes Kaipa records sound more modern and I have to agree.

Excellent record!!!
    The Prog Corner

But not excellent CD?
    <sig out of order>

Quote Originally Posted by Plasmatopia View Post
    That's a good point. How do you think the songs compare to other recent Kaipa albums? I felt the one track I heard was more interesting than what we've been getting the last few years.
    Stylistically, it's unmistakably 21st Century Kaipa. The difference is it incorporates more interesting harmonies, clearly borrowed from the Jazz world. There are also more interesting moments of composition.

Quote Originally Posted by Plasmatopia View Post
    But not excellent CD?
    In the closing track, What's Behind the Fields, dynamics are crucial to the composition. However, the dynamics get lost in the brickwalling of the CD.
    "Well my son, life is like a beanstalk, isn't it?"--Dalai Lama

Bought it and like it. And the addition of the violin in some songs is a + in my book.

if pippi långstrump/longstocking formed a prog band it would sound like KAiPA. that is both an observation and a compliment.

I'm digging post Stolt era Kaipa quite a bit, the vocals are majestic, the aggressive guitars, the stellar drumming of MA. Lundin has developed a distinct voice on his keyboards, and he solos quite nicely along with the guitarist.

I don't feel the need to over analyze it. It's simply the groups chemistry at play, under the direction of the composer.

West of Worcester (Western Massachusetts)
    I bought the vinyl/Cd set. I have enjoyed the modern Kaipa since their debut.

Quote Originally Posted by miamiscot View Post
    I think Hans believes the hyper-compression makes Kaipa records sound more modern and I have to agree.
    I also agree. But it is NOT a good thing. Sound quality is sh*t.

Finally got my hands on this. My son bought the vinyl/CD version and gave me the vinyl. I listened to the first LP last night. I'm pretty sure I'm going to enjoy this one more than the last couple of Kaipa albums.
    <sig out of order>