Thread: Adrenaline Mob - FATAL ACCIDENT

Adrenaline Mob - FATAL ACCIDENT

this news sux big time

Fatal Accident today... post news here as it breaks....

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Not familiar with them, but here's an article.
    http://loudwire.com/adrenaline-mob-i...sh-in-florida/

Not even gonna post a link to the news reports about it??

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Wow, tragic, and I'm sure it will seem more so as details come to light.

Woah, this sounds so focked up

David Z, most widely known as the long-time bassist of the East Coast Trans-Siberian Orchestra touring unit, was killed. So sad. He was an amazing bass player and such a positive dude. He just got engaged a couple months ago too. :-( I got to know him and interviewed him a few years back. He was a fan favorite with the TSO female fans for his stage presence and his biceps, but besides all of that he was such a great bassist and really worked hard being in a few different bands.

Apparently he was in Braindance for a few years, Sebastian Elliot posted a longish reminiscence on Facebook.

He was also in a band called October Thorns, which opened for the Symphony X show at a bike shop in NJ, which was one of the first prog shows Jim Robinson promoted (it may have been his first).

David was also part of the band Z02, with his brother Paulie. The band opened for Kiss on a U.S. sheds tour, had a TV show called Z Rock on IFC and worked days playing kids parties.

An ultra-talented bassist gone way before his time. RIP, David
    "It's such a fine line between stupid and... clever" -- David St. Hubbins & Derek Smalls, Spinal Tap

Quote Originally Posted by paythesnuka View Post
    He was also in a band called October Thorns, which opened for the Symphony X show at a bike shop in NJ, which was one of the first prog shows Jim Robinson promoted (it may have been his first).

David was also part of the band Z02, with his brother Paulie. The band opened for Kiss on a U.S. sheds tour, had a TV show called Z Rock on IFC and worked days playing kids parties.

An ultra-talented bassist gone way before his time. RIP, David
    So true. Dave has been in a really productive and positive stretch after the demise of ZO2: recording and touring with Jeff Scott Soto the last couple of years, his bread-and-butter gig with the popular 80s tribute band Rubix Kube, and then this Adrenaline Mob gig. He even recently got engaged. So sad. No one loved life more than Dave.

If anyone is interested, this is the interview I did with him a few years back where he talks about October Thorns, Braindance, TSO, Rubix Kube and of course ZO2: http://musicandartinterviews.blogspo...1/david-z.html

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Roth View Post
    So true. Dave has been in a really productive and positive stretch after the demise of ZO2: recording and touring with Jeff Scott Soto the last couple of years, his bread-and-butter gig with the popular 80s tribute band Rubix Kube, and then this Adrenaline Mob gig. He even recently got engaged. So sad. No one loved life more than Dave.

If anyone is interested, this is the interview I did with him a few years back where he talks about October Thorns, Braindance, TSO, Rubix Kube and of course ZO2: http://musicandartinterviews.blogspo...1/david-z.html
    A very enjoyable interview. I was wondering if I'd seen him with Braindance, and I see I did as I was at that show at The Bat Cave in 2003. I was the only non-goth in the crowd.

BTW, you might know this by now but Braindance put out another very good album a couple of years ago. It's on Spotify.

Oh damn... here I thought "Fatal Accident" was the name of their new album! Russell Allen is seriously injured (lead singer of Symphony X and in many Ayreon projects)
    You say Mega Ultra Deluxe Special Limited Edition Extended Autographed 5-LP, 3-CD, 4-DVD, 2-BlueRay, 4-Cassette, five 8-Track, MP4 Download plus Demos, Outtakes, Booklet, T-Shirt and Guitar Pick Gold-Leafed Box Set Version like it's a bad thing...

Quote Originally Posted by Garden Dreamer View Post
    Oh damn... here I thought "Fatal Accident" was the name of their new album! Russell Allen is seriously injured (lead singer of Symphony X and in many Ayreon projects)
    Oh, I forgot to check on this story again and didn't know if Russell Allen was badly injured or not. Damn.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Oh, I forgot to check on this story again and didn't know if Russell Allen was badly injured or not. Damn.
    The rest of the guys in the band have all been listed as having "serious injuries" which I hear are an assortment of broken bones and concussions. Their tour manager is in critical condition.

Quote Originally Posted by Garden Dreamer View Post
    Also Trans Siberian Orchestra. This really sucks.

Sad news to hear , thoughts and prayers for them all.