Results 1 to 21 of 21

Thread: New album for Acqua Fragile in October on Esoteric --first in 40 yrs!

  1. #1

    New album for Acqua Fragile in October on Esoteric --first in 40 yrs!

    Esoteric Antenna & Cherry Red Records are very pleased to announce the release of the new album by Italian Progressive Rock legends Acqua Fragile.

    A New Chant features original members Piero Canavera, Franz Dondi and Bernardo Lanzetti, who have reunited after forty-four years to record brand new material. The project is also notable for the presence of some very special guests, including Pete Sinfield, Nick Clabburn, Tango Spleen and Grammy Award winning drummer Jonathan Mover. Acqua Fragile - A New Chant is released on Esoteric Antenna on October 14th 2017.
    AF Rehearsing.JPG

  2. #2
    This is interesting news indeed! Mass Media Stars still gets plenty of spin time, love that album!

  3. #3
    Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    4,086
    Big news.

  4. #4
    I'll certainly give it a listen, but I'm usually horribly disappointed by these reformations. They seem to lack all the elements that made the original groups so interesting. I hope Acqua Fragile avoids that trap.

    Bill

  5. #5
    Well, THAT came out of left field.....I'll keep an eye on that development for sure.
    G.A.S -aholic

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Sputnik View Post
    I'll certainly give it a listen, but I'm usually horribly disappointed by these reformations. They seem to lack all the elements that made the original groups so interesting. I hope Acqua Fragile avoids that trap.

    Bill
    Always true. My first question is how has Bernardo Lanzettis' voice held up over the years. LOVE his vocals. I know I want it, but it would be a mistake to expect Mass Media Stars 2017. So hopefully I can go in with an open mind free of expectation...yeah, tall order!

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by gpeccary View Post
    Always true. My first question is how has Bernardo Lanzettis' voice held up over the years. LOVE his vocals. I know I want it, but it would be a mistake to expect Mass Media Stars 2017. So hopefully I can go in with an open mind free of expectation...yeah, tall order!
    What I've heard of Lanzetti's voice from relatively recent performances I've seen on Youtube has been good to great. I sense he can still sing very well and will not be the issue holding back the album. (This of course assumes you like Lanzetti's vocals, which I personally do).

    Bill

  8. #8
    Member TheH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    521
    I'm in awe, didn't see this one coming.

  9. #9
    Profondo Giallo Crystal Plumage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Sneek, The Netherlands
    Posts
    33
    If the quality of the playing and singing is as good as this, I'm game!
    HuGo
    ..:: Right, bring in the perverts! ::..
    "Very, very nice," said a man in the crowd,
    When the golden voice appeared.
    She was gold alright, but then so is rust.
    "Such a shame about the beard."

  10. #10
    Member bill g's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Near Mount Rainier
    Posts
    427
    Wow, didn't see that one coming! Lanzetti sounded pretty much like the Lanzetti of old on that Mangala Vallis album he sang on a few years back, so...

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Sputnik View Post
    I'll certainly give it a listen, but I'm usually horribly disappointed by these reformations. They seem to lack all the elements that made the original groups so interesting. I hope Acqua Fragile avoids that trap.

    Bill
    Did you check out the reformation albums by Cherry Five and Alphataurus? Cherry Five acquitted themselves quite well, and I thought the Alphataurus was outstanding.

  12. #12
    Member Romerovm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Birmingham, AL
    Posts
    43
    Quote Originally Posted by Esoteric View Post
    Esoteric Antenna & Cherry Red Records are very pleased to announce the release of the new album by Italian Progressive Rock legends Acqua Fragile.

    A New Chant features original members Piero Canavera, Franz Dondi and Bernardo Lanzetti, who have reunited after forty-four years to record brand new material. The project is also notable for the presence of some very special guests, including Pete Sinfield, Nick Clabburn, Tango Spleen and Grammy Award winning drummer Jonathan Mover. Acqua Fragile - A New Chant is released on Esoteric Antenna on October 14th 2017.
    AF Rehearsing.JPG
    Will there be a vinyl press, or just CD?

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by veteranof1000psychicwars View Post
    Did you check out the reformation albums by Cherry Five and Alphataurus? Cherry Five acquitted themselves quite well, and I thought the Alphataurus was outstanding.
    Can't say I'm much of a fan of these bands to begin with, so no, I never bothered with their reformation albums. Glad to hear they acquitted themselves well.

    Bill

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by veteranof1000psychicwars View Post
    Did you check out the reformation albums by Cherry Five and Alphataurus? Cherry Five acquitted themselves quite well, and I thought the Alphataurus was outstanding.
    I have both, they both pretty much had a pretty short shelf life

    YMHYV - but to me neither are in the same league as their 70's classic LP

  15. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Iowa City IA
    Posts
    545
    Quote Originally Posted by Chichen Itza View Post
    I have both, they both pretty much had a pretty short shelf life

    YMHYV - but to me neither are in the same league as their 70's classic LP
    YMHYV: Mujeres y hombres y viceversa?

  16. #16
    Profondo Giallo Crystal Plumage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Sneek, The Netherlands
    Posts
    33
    Well, decided to preorder this new album and see what it's all about :P
    HuGo
    ..:: Right, bring in the perverts! ::..
    "Very, very nice," said a man in the crowd,
    When the golden voice appeared.
    She was gold alright, but then so is rust.
    "Such a shame about the beard."

  17. #17
    Profondo Giallo Crystal Plumage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Sneek, The Netherlands
    Posts
    33
    Any camples already?
    HuGo
    ..:: Right, bring in the perverts! ::..
    "Very, very nice," said a man in the crowd,
    When the golden voice appeared.
    She was gold alright, but then so is rust.
    "Such a shame about the beard."

  18. #18
    Profondo Giallo Crystal Plumage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Sneek, The Netherlands
    Posts
    33
    Shipping in a few days.
    HuGo
    ..:: Right, bring in the perverts! ::..
    "Very, very nice," said a man in the crowd,
    When the golden voice appeared.
    She was gold alright, but then so is rust.
    "Such a shame about the beard."

  19. #19
    Just saw this as a new release on apple Music...LOVING it so far!!

  20. #20
    Matt! polmico's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    524
    I'm in!
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

  21. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by gpeccary View Post
    Just saw this as a new release on apple Music...LOVING it so far!!
    Thank you for the heads up!

    Digital download on Amazon for $6.99

    Liking it a lot on first listen

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •