Thread: “Magma Live” Remastered With Bonus Tracks

“Magma Live” Remastered With Bonus Tracks

For Immediate Release

French Music Legends Magma's Critically Acclaimed 1975 “Magma Live” Album Remastered With Bonus Tracks

Remastered 2-CD In DigiPack - contains Booklet with text & lyrics – original recordings & bonus tracks

Paris - Much to the excitement of Magma fans worldwide, the band's critically acclaimed 1975 live album “Magma Live” has been remastered and contains two bonus tracks not on the original release! After the departure in autumn 1974 of Jannick Top and most of the other members of the band, Magma rose phoenix-like from the ashes with a new hot line-up, which saw the musical opportunity lying before it. After long rehearsals Christian Vander realized that he had yet another exceptional group and the decision was taken to records the first Magma live album. The recording, made in June 1975 at the Taverne de l'Olympia, perfectly demonstrates the incredible impact made by Magma. Absolutely dedicated to the music of Christian Vander, who by that time had reached the summit of his art, the band plays as if they were one man and sweeps all before it in its triumphant passage.

Whether it was a new arrangement of any old pieces (KOHNTARK, KOBAH, MEKANIK), or a previously unheard piece (HHAI, LIHNS), the sound of Magma has never been heard more powerfully as on this incredible recording. Although it remains difficult to point any one performance as being outstanding, it would never-the-less be difficult not to react to the mind-blowing performance by Didier Lockwood, whose violin playing contributes so greatly to the profound originality of this magnificent double album!

ZUND 1:
    1 - KOHNTARK part 1 (original mix 1975)
    2 - KOHNTARK part 2 (original mix 1975)
    3 - EMEHNTEHTT-RE announcement (alternative mix 1989)**

ZUND 2:
    1 - HHAI (original mix 1975)
    2 - KOBAH (original mix 1975)
    3 - LIHNS (original mix 1975)
    4 - DA ZEUHL WORTZ MEKANIK (alternative mix 1989)**
    5 - MEKANIK ZAIN (original mix 1975)

Christian VANDER - drums, vocal
    Klaus BLASQUIZ - vocal
    Stella VANDER - vocal
    Bernard PAGANOTTI - bass
    Gabriel FEDEROW - guitar
    Didier LOCKWOOD - violin
    Benoit WIDEMANN - keyboards
    Jean-Pol ASSELINE - keyboards

Recorded live between June 1st and June 5th 1975 at la TAVERNE DE L'OLYMPIA by Frank OWENS. Mixed by Georges CHKIANZ at studio le Chateau except **Mixé au studio UNIWERIA ZEKT par Francis LINON et Christian VANDER. Mastering Southeastern lab, Fierce mountain, NC

To purchase: http://www.seventhrecords.com/en/mag...tation-64.html

Press inquiries: Glass Onyon PR, PH: 828-350-8158 (US), glassonyonpr@gmail.com

There's quite a few new Magma reissues that I need to grab. I have the live box, so I should be good skipping this one, right?
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

I take it those are the exact same bonus tracks that were on the double CD release on Seventh Records that came out back in the early 90's, right?

Quote Originally Posted by GuitarGeek View Post
    I take it those are the exact same bonus tracks that were on the double CD release on Seventh Records that came out back in the early 90's, right?
    Yes.
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Remember, if it doesn't say "Cuneiform," it's not prog!” - THE Jed Levin

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

"Death to false 'support the scene' prog!"

please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.

Quote Originally Posted by polmico View Post
    I have the live box, so I should be good skipping this one, right?
    Yes, nothing here you don't already have on the version of Hhai in the box.
    Hurtleturtled Out of Heaven - an electronic music composition, on CD and vinyl
    https://michaelpdawson.bandcamp.com
    http://www.waysidemusic.com/Music-Pr...MCD-spc-7.aspx