Thread: Do you YOU Feel like I do? Saw FRAMPTON @ the Steve Miller Band 06/28 review

Do you YOU Feel like I do? Saw FRAMPTON @ the Steve Miller Band 06/28 review

Last night I broke down and paid 99.50 to see Peter Frampton do The Frampton comes alive show!!!! in the 20th row center!!

Steve Miller was the headline act but I was mainly there to see Peter!!

Ok I missed him back in the 1970's and I kick myself for doing so but last night I decided to pay my respects to Peter as I never gave him the credit as one of the ( don't laugh ) greatest guitar players / entertainers around.

He still sounds amazing vocally and his guitar playing just blew me away. The band was on and so was the crowd ( on weed I think)

He opened the show and played a nice 90 minute set which included the minor hit from n the 80's called "Lying" and most of the Live album with the highlights being Something's Happening. Lines on my Face, Show me the Way with that crazy voice box thing in the solo, Baby I love your way, Ill give you money (was smoking hot !!!) and the tribute to Cornell with an instrumental version of Black hole sun which was also an amazing cover

Finally he played his masterpiece the song with that great opening riff that just goes around and around in my brain "Do you feel like I do"....I always loved that song and finally got to see it Live the whole thing !!! which at one point was way overplayed 40 year ago but now is never played at least not the entire 18:00 version !!!!

Most of the kids today have no idea how popular this guy was playing in front some of the biggest crowds in the history of Rock ( See YES / Frampton JFK 1976/77

The show took me right back to the summer of 1976 what a feeling

Go see him Live now as his playing is even better than the record ...You wont be disappointed ...one of the most down to earth rockers as well...

Peace
    Last edited by ironmaiden4ever; 06-28-2017 at 08:35 PM.

All Things Must Pass spellbound's Avatar
    Glad you got to see Peter Frampton. I saw him in 1975 at a concert with Black Sabbath and Lynyrd Skynyrd. Like most guitarists who take their art seriously, he has only gotten better over the years. But what has really changed is the ticket price. I paid $6.50.
    We're trying to build a monument to show that we were here
    It won't be visible through the air
    And there won't be any shade to cool the monument to prove that we were here. - Gene Parsons, 1973

Hmmm, I saw him on his "Alive" tour a few years ago and found it lackluster.
    no tunes, no dynamics, no nosebone

I too saw him in '75 on a triple bill with The Brecker Bros. & Steve Miller....yeah, I think the ticket price was $5.50.
    G.A.S -aholic

Here's a wonderful little acoustic show he did for NPR not too long ago.

I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

I have never seen him. Was only a casual fan of "Frampton Comes Alive" even though it was huge when I was in high school. His next studio album was so bad I think it killed his momentum really quickly. Everyone I know who has seen him in recent years says he is great, so I should probably try to catch him one of these days.

I too was skeptical at first going to see him now after so many years since his rise to fame but I was really impressed....he had another guitar player with him to fill out his sound ( and a third player on a couple songs that needed an acoustic like show me the way and baby I love your way) as I think in the past he was the only guitar player on the stage....very funny and entertaining ....sitting about twenty rows from the stage the sound was loud and clear as could be. I was checking out youtube and there is a nice Live concert of Peter from Oakland 77 with a huge crowd very very cool!!!! go check it out and see peter play drums during a really long extended do you feel l like I do .....

That NPR thing was really nice He is just as good on the acoustic as the electric....and his voice is still vibrant ....

PE Member Since 4/9/2002 NeonKnight's Avatar
    Yeah, always liked Mr. Frampton, really brings me back. I saw him in 77 with Skynnrd at JFK.

I heard Steve Miller was going to join him on a few tunes and vice versa. Did that happen?
    “Where words fail, music speaks.” - Hans Christian Anderson

I bought that album after hearing most of it on the local Prog college station when it first came out. I was quite amazed at how good it was compared to his extremely bland studio releases. Honestly, I still say it is the only worthwhile album Frampton has ever delivered.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    His next studio album was so bad I think it killed his momentum really quickly.
    Doing that Sgt Peppers movie with the Bee Gees probably didn't help much, either.
    I'm holding out for the Wilson-mixed 5.1 super-duper walletbuster special anniversary extra adjectives edition.

That NPR Tiny Desk Convert video was thoroughly enjoyable ~ thanks for posting!