Thread: An Advance Look Inside "Stage 48" Venue in NYC

An Advance Look Inside "Stage 48" Venue in NYC

Hey PE Friends,

Last week, my good buddy Skeleton Pete and I got an inside walk-around of a brand new multipurpose event space that will be fully opened in March. I scribbled some notes and he shot some photos and I wanted to share it with all of you as I am sure some great Progressive Rock bands will be playing here eventually. Take a look.

http://www.piercingmetal.com/wordpress/?p=15979

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Thanks, good to know about and the place looks pretty nice. I hope you're right that there'll be some prog shows there. When is the King's X show? Where's the calendar on your site, actually? Thanks for the effort involved in putting the photos and notes together.

My regularly updated regional events calendar for this region is found at http://www.piercingmetal.com/cal/ so please bookmark it if you enjoy shows down here. It's as thorough as possible. I update it many weeks in advance of the shows. King's X will be playing this new venue in May. They're preceded by that Uli and Y&T show that were mentioned. I am hopeful of course and its nice to have another decent size space to enjoy live music. Only time will tell.

studio 54 is back?

Thanks, Ken, that's a GREAT calendar you have! Right away I saw two shows listed that I need to see.

Hey, I forget, is the Best Buy Theater the one that is all general admission (usually) but has lots of seating toward the back? I get it confused with the one that used to be the World Federation of Wrestling theater or whatever.

Hey, Consider the Source is playing here this Thursday night (2/7) at 8pm, opening for a band called Papadosio! (Consider the Source played at ProgDay 2012 and was very cool.) Papadosio seems to be some kind of chillout band, not sure I'm into them. I have to be in the city Thursday afternoon, maybe I'll stick around for the CtS show.

The Residents play there Saturday

Swanky.
    "please do not understand me too quickly"-andre gide

Nice looking place but personally for prog type shows I would prefer if the bar was located in a lobby as opposed to being in the same room as the band. I guess it all depends on who the artist is but I feel this type of layout could prove to be very distracting during the show.

It reminds me of Terminal 5.