Thread: Jade Warrior new album?

Jade Warrior new album?

So let's have a vote: do you think we'll EVER see a new Jade Warrior CD?? I mean, the website has the same
    status for the past 7-8 years and there seems to be nothing on the supposed "HAIKU" release.

I say NO
    We are the grandchildren of apes, not angels
    But only we are gifted with the eyes to see
    On days without FEAR, when our heads are clear
    That angels, we could be
    (Marillion 2016)

I'm inclined to agree with you. I keep hoping, though.

Earlier this year, singer Glyn Havard posted a happy birthday wish on Facebook to Jon Field. He said something along the lines of "Happy Birthday Jon, and finish the album for fuck's sake before any of us dies!"

There was this message on the Jade Warrior mailing list a couple of weeks ago:

I chatted with Jon Field for the best part of an hour today... first time I'd spoken with him in several years (to both our chagrin). Haiku is definitely not dead! He said "It's almost finished. In fact, it's been finished about five times. I keep realizing that it's not quite what I had wanted, and going back to try again." He says he really does want to "get it out there" but realizes that CD sales these days aren't the way to go - some form of online streaming or purchase may be better. I suggested he check out Bandcamp.
    Hurtleturtled Out of Heaven - an electronic music composition, on CD and vinyl
    https://michaelpdawson.bandcamp.com
    http://www.waysidemusic.com/Music-Pr...MCD-spc-7.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Triscuits View Post
    There was this message on the Jade Warrior mailing list a couple of weeks ago:
    Ah, that's at least a little encouraging!

Quote Originally Posted by Koreabruce View Post
    Ah, that's at least a little encouraging!
    +1

LOVE JW !
    G.A.S -aholic

I would think decent amount of copies on CD and vinyl would do quite well. I'll keep hoping.
    That angels, we could be
    (Marillion 2016)

I'm inclined to agree with you. I keep hoping, though.

Earlier this year, singer Glyn Havard posted a happy birthday wish on Facebook to Jon Field. He said something along the lines of "Happy Birthday Jon, and finish the album for fuck's sake before any of us dies!"
    So unsure as to why. It might be a combination of family life responsibilities and being a perfectionist. Or he could be waiting on an idea to arrive to him so he can follow up on the completion of the album. Some ideas that come are not suitable for the composition at hand. Also I wonder about the sessions recorded in the early 90's. The unreleased recordings of a concept album in memory of Crazy Horse. It's very possible that some of those pieces were arranged differently and planned to resurface on this new album...and in retrospect that is a pattern of several composers. Or if there is no connection whatsoever between the two, then that equals the reality of a non existent album stored in a vault. I'd like to have it even if it isn't complete

If it ever arrives, it's an autobuy. I just recently played "Released" by JW and the Nirvana disc "Local Anaesthetic" which has a JW connection (if I have it right). I've been listening to JW for years but each time I play one of their albums they ascend in my personal list of favorites. Such an original and interesting band!

Is 'Haiku' supposed to be along the lines of 'Now', with Glyn singing? I enjoyed 'Now', the 2nd and last tracks especially, but enjoy them at least as much when they were instrumental. Of course, with Tony... anyway, auto-buy either way.

Didn't one of the guys die years ago?

Quote Originally Posted by Mythos View Post
    Didn't one of the guys die years ago?
    Tony Duhig suffered a fatal heart attack in 1990.
    Hurtleturtled Out of Heaven - an electronic music composition, on CD and vinyl
    https://michaelpdawson.bandcamp.com
    http://www.waysidemusic.com/Music-Pr...MCD-spc-7.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by bill g View Post
    Is 'Haiku' supposed to be along the lines of 'Now', with Glyn singing? I enjoyed 'Now', the 2nd and last tracks especially, but enjoy them at least as much when they were instrumental. Of course, with Tony... anyway, auto-buy either way.
    I recall that this is supposed to be an all-instrumental album.

I recall that this is supposed to be an all-instrumental album.
    That works. Maybe it will be in the vein of 'Distant Echoes'? Though I'd prefer the vein of 'Horizen' but that's pretty much all Tony. Floating World perhaps?

Easily one of the most unique bands of all time. In my opinion, no-one has ever sounded like them and put together so many different influences/styles under one roof. Desert Island stuff for me.
    That angels, we could be
    (Marillion 2016)