Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011

Thread: Cheer Accident

^ Nah, the weasel has made a habit out of eating 'em raw by the side of the stage, donning neither fava beans nor niche Chianti. He often enjoys lardfried tictacs as appetizer, though.
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

since this thread has broadened to include the Luttenbachers, Weasel uploaded this and told everyone to beware of March 1.

FL.jpg

WW obviously has been taking 'sneering lessons' from Lydia....
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"You run a great label, but sometimes you go out of your way to be a jerk." - Jed Levin

"The older I get, the more I realize that cynicism is just realism spelled wrong."

"Death to false 'support the scene' prog!"

please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrotum Scissor View Post
    ^ Nah, the weasel has made a habit out of eating 'em raw by the side of the stage, donning neither fava beans nor niche Chianti. He often enjoys lardfried tictacs as appetizer, though.
    I'll take the Chianti and - for the moment - leave the flesh to the Luttobacchus.

Unless it's female flesh...

I only just realised that WW got his name because he rips your flesh. Talk about slow on the uptake!
    “your ognna pay pay with my wrath of ballbat”

Bandcamp Profile

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hotandserious View Post
    Insider tip: Almost everything is exclusive to the compilation (i.e.: The Luttenbachers tracks won't be on the upcoming album), however the Cellular Chaos tracks were released early. Late last year they went up digitally on Bandcamp with the profits going toward crowdfunding Tim Smith's (Cardiacs) health care expenses. The band wasn't 100% happy with the final mix, so the songs got an overhaul by Todd Rittmann (U.S. Maple / Dead Rider - he mastered the compilation) for the new release.

Attachment 12596
    Hmm...might have to get this just for the Luttenbacher tracks...
    No humor please, we're skittish.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Morpheus View Post
    Luttenbachers on SG= Revenge, Gods of Chaos, Destroy All Music

The new lineup

Speaking of Pak, a new lineup and a new album last year (no physical release yet) more of a metal influence at work
    https://ronanderson.bandcamp.com/album/bestial
    whoa hey! this is excellent. Uber excited for the new album.
    No humor please, we're skittish.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

Proglodytes just debuted another song from the Chicago vs New York compilation…
    This one is from Lovely Little Girls (band of longtime Cheer-Accident bassist Alex Perkolup)

"As a fan of unique and original music I'm always looking for new artists and acts that challenge me and push the envelope. At Progtoberfest 2018, Lovely Little Girls was one such band. Their music was equally melodious and jarring- like if Magma did a collaboration with the B-52s, or if Jello Biafra sang for Frank Zappa. I was ready for a swift kick in the pants, and Lovely Little Girls delivered, with one of the weirdest sets of what was a very diverse weekend.

I had a fascinating chat with Gregory Jacobsen of Lovely Little Girls about the history of their band, their art, and their future. We are also premiering a completely new track, "Emphatic Service", as a Proglodytes exclusive, available through SKiN GRAFT Records."

LINK:
    https://proglodytes.com/2019/01/24/i...track-premiere

llg.jpg
    Last edited by hotandserious; 01-24-2019 at 03:46 PM. Reason: Oops

While it doesn't look exactly like them, that band photo greatly reminds me of Cardiacs.

A track from Bobby Conn for the Chicago vs New York compilation went up over at Tiny Mix Tapes:
    https://www.tinymixtapes.com/news/bo...res-new-single

Bobby_Conn_comp_banner.jpg
    Last edited by hotandserious; 02-08-2019 at 02:48 PM.

from FB:
    "From the upcoming Chicago vs New York compilation: New CHEER-ACCIDENT Track - "War Is A Warrior" (featuring Todd Rittmann of Dead Rider and U.S. Maple on vocals and guitar) - streaming at Exposé Online":
    http://www.expose.org/index.php/arti...t-track-2.html

Cheer-Accident_comp_banner.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by hotandserious View Post
    Chicago vs New York - Bandcamp Album of the Day:
    https://daily.bandcamp.com/2019/03/2...w-york-review/
    Wow, that "War Is A Warrior" is a really cool song!
    "A waste of talent and electricity." John Peel on ELP

Quote Originally Posted by Steve F. View Post
    Lack of mellotrons.
    Yep. That's why i never listen to 'em
    And the code is a play, a play is a song, a song is a film, a film is a dance...