Thread: Holdsworth's last interview

Holdsworth's last interview

In Guitar World magazine, they printed what they called his last interview. It may or may not have been, I don't know. But Holdsworth mentioned he was recording an album with Jimmy Johnson and Virgil Donati that was supposed to be much harder edged than Flat Tire was. I wonder if that will ever see the light of day, or if there was enough recorded to do so.

I miss that guy. There's few stars whose absence I can actually feel, and he's one. Probably because I got the chance to meet and speak with him, I'd guess, but his playing has always humbled me.
    Gnish-gnosh borble wiff, shlauuffin oople tirk.

Although I met him a few times when he played Detroit I didn't know him personally. In spite of this, I miss him terribly. I've been on a Holdsworth listening binge ever since.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikhael View Post
    ... But Holdsworth mentioned he was recording an album with Jimmy Johnson and Virgil Donati that was supposed to be much harder edged than Flat Tire was.
    I wonder if he actually said "Flat Tire", because that is his SynthAxe-album, which isn't hard to beat in this aspect. Maybe he meant "Hard Hat Area", one of my favourites and the one on which Allan showed his "anger" a lot.

And yeah, I miss him and his music, but I count myself lucky to have a large collection AH-related albums to listen to.

Allan is also remembered in the Japanese magazine Euro Rock Press, with Corrado Rustici on the cover:
    NEOBK-2099684.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

No, according to the article, he definitely said "Flat Tire".
    Gnish-gnosh borble wiff, shlauuffin oople tirk.

It'a damn shame that it took his passing for me to find out about this disc, but this is one of the heaviest things I've heard from him ever. And it will not go away -listen to it all the time -definitely has some favorite work on it for me:

Great interview with Steve Hunt: