Thread: It's Official! New Dreadnaught album HARD CHARGIN' available June !6th!

It's Official! New Dreadnaught album HARD CHARGIN' available June !6th!

Hi all,

First I would like to mention that I sort of have permission from Duncan to post this announcement on the main page. Thank you Duncan.

At the suggestion of Dok in a Dreadnaught thread a page or so down, we can make it official that the new full-length Dreadnaught CD, HARD CHARGIN', will be available for physical and download purchase on June 16th!

We will also endeavor in the coming days to get copies in the paws of your favorite CD distributor as soon as possible, if you would rather give your business to them. We gotta keep those guys in business too, so that's fine with us.

Also I must say at the outset that I am unfortunately not Bob Lord, but Geoff Logsdon. Due to Bob's punishing schedule as CEO of PARMA and its associated labels, I was offered and have taken on the honor of General Manager of Red Fez Records...the hub of Dreadnaught and related projects.

HARD CHARGIN' is the culmination of 5 years of work by the original core/heart of Dreadnaught---Rick Habib, Bob Lord, and Justin Walton, the trio who created the classic 'The American Standard'. Their mind-blowing set and reception at Progday 2012 convinced them that they should say "WTF", and record some new music together. Credit must also be given to soundman Roger Brady's peach moonshine for making this seem like a great fucking idea.

And indeed it was...preceded by the EPs "Have A Drink With Dreadnaught", and "Gettin' Tight With Dreadnaught", HARD CHARGIN' is here, and as objectively as possible, I can say without reservation, along with the EPs, it is another classic by one of the truly progressive, unclassifiable bands of our time.

Please visit www.redfezrecords.com to pre-order HARD CHARGIN'....lots of other great stuff is available as well, and we will hopefully be adding more in the coming days.

Thanks!

Geoff Logsdon / geoff@redfezrecords.com

Red Fez Records / www.redfezrecords.com

I really like the cover! Does the Chubbuck interstate sign have a slightly hidden meaning perhaps? Christine Chubbuck? Or did they just like the name?

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    The cover is excellent!

Quote Originally Posted by Dok View Post
    I really like the cover! Does the Chubbuck interstate sign have a slightly hidden meaning perhaps? Christine Chubbuck? Or did they just like the name?
    Hadn't thought of that! That is a road near Bedford, NH. I don't know the cover designer, Brett Picknell, but I would imagine it was something he chose at random.

Quote Originally Posted by veteranof1000psychicwars View Post
    Hadn't thought of that! That is a road near Bedford, NH. I don't know the cover designer, Brett Picknell, but I would imagine it was something he chose at random.
    The sign is for Chubbuck, Idaho Geoff. Looky here - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chubbuck,_Idaho

Also, I neglected to mention in my original post that Bob Lord has revamped the Dreadnaught website...which I assume he did when he could have been wasting time sleeping. It is www.dreadnaughtrock.com . Lots of new content, and we hope to be adding more in the coming weeks/months, if we can keep Bob awake.

And...while my main duty at the moment is to focus on the promotion of the upcoming release of HARD CHARGIN', I simply must make mention of an album that Bob and Rick made with twisted riff-master guitarist Jon McCormack entitled "Order Of Thieves". If you are a dreadnaught fan, you will LOVE this album. If I may borrow a phrase from Kevin Gilbert, it "kicks the almighty God ass".
    I am as big a fan of dreadnaught and their related projects as anyone could be, so I hope that even though I have taken the position of GM for the band's label, my opinion can be trusted. I'm not merely a 'hypeman' to help sell their records.
    Anyway, the Order Of Thieves album came out with literally no fanfare whatsoever, and I would put it up there with anything these guys have ever released. I wholeheartedly recommend it. They call it "power-prog", and I'm at a loss to come up with a better description than that at the moment.

By all means, check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by Dok View Post
    The sign is for Chubbuck, Idaho Geoff. Looky here - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chubbuck,_Idaho
    Well, dammit, now I want to know! I will see if I can find out what significance there is to that, if any!

Well, ok.....they won't tell me. They did say it doesn't have anything to do with Christine Chubbuck, though.

Ah, a mystery then. Thanks Geoff.

Although we can't divulge ALL the secrets about HARD CHARGIN', a careful look at the artwork along with a spin of the album, and maybe a dip or two into the back catalog, will help it all make some degree of sense.

Album is out tomorrow and available as streaming and download from major retailers, with physical product available via www.redfezrecords.com. Our own site at www.dreadnaughtrock.com has additional details about the album and upcoming performances.

Hope some forum members will give it a shot, but be warned that this one is out there, even for us. An apex of outlandish creative thinking or a mid-life crisis-level career-destroying nadir? Probably a little from pile A and more than a little from pile B, but we'll let you decide (plus, we're like a large musical cockroach, it would take an atom bomb to destroy us at this point).

hard_chargin_small.jpg

Dreadnaught... GREAT PERSONS and GREAT MUSICIANS. I remember very well their set at Progday 2012 (Accordo dei Contrari was there!). They were impressive. I look forward to listening to their new album.

Giovanni

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnaught View Post
    we're like a large musical cockroach, it would take an atom bomb to destroy us at this point).
    Thank goodness you're not like the little one! stuck-out-tongue-winking-eye-emoticon-48966691.jpg

My review is a Big Thumbs Up Favorite track 'maybe' "Slave Girls". Dreadnaught are back!

Congrats on the new album! Although the title sounds like I might be ordering the new Molly Hatchet album!
    "Moustache stays right where it's at" - Clutch