Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cloud Becomes Your Hands

Cloud Becomes Your Hands

"Not mentioned here before but they deserve your attention. Lots of interesting slightly wonky sounds and some memorable tunes. Sometimes recalls Make a Rising or Ultra Zook but also harking back to things like Look de Bouk." Alan Terrill

This is fun !!!

https://cloudbecomesyourhand.bandcam.../rest-in-fleas

Interesting. Fun it is. Reminds me of someone, or a combination of someones, while retaining a good measure of originality. The third track, 'Aye Aye' I found outstanding.

Surprised there isn't more responses about this. Seems to be very digable stuff for a prog lover.

Just saw this thread. Listening now - this is totally terrific. I will pick up this disc or flac soon - I dig the punk-y undercurrent but there is also a ton of production work involved - I love the detail. Thanks brother Udester

Yeah, this needs to be heard by a chunk of peoples here. This is really fuckin hip.

Quote Originally Posted by chalkpie View Post
    Yeah, this needs to be heard by a chunk of peoples here. This is really fuckin hip.
    I dont own enough articles of black clothing...so I guess I'm out

best
    Michael
    If it ain't acousmatique-It's crap

Quote Originally Posted by neuroticdog View Post
    I dont own enough articles of black clothing...so I guess I'm out

best
    Michael
    Its OK, you always have your Handel, Dvorak, Love-Handel Beach, and acoustimatic electromagnetic Willis Stephanie remastixes.

Its OK, you always have your Handel, Dvorak, Love-Handel Beach, and acoustimatic electromagnetic Willis Stephanie remastixes.
    gasp...your words inflame my roine region with moist porcupine prickles

Love
    m
    If it ain't acousmatique-It's crap

Quote Originally Posted by neuroticdog View Post
    gasp...your words inflame my roine region with moist porcupine prickles

Love
    m
    I know they do....to the bones.

Still loving this album. Second spin. But I can see why most here won't give it the time of day.

Hmmm. Not really big on Make A Rising but if they are compared to Ultra Zook and Look de Bouk I might have to check it out.
    The truth will set you free, but first it will piss you off

yes, pretty zippy and pretty great.
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Remember, if it doesn't say "Cuneiform," it's not prog!” - THE Jed Levin

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

"Death to false 'support the scene' prog!"

please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Need to check it out.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Well it's right up my alley!!
    Dave Sr.

I prefer Nature to Human Nature

I've been listening to this album quite a bit since this thread was made, thanks for sharing Udi. Ended up ordering the LP of Rest In Fleas and CD of the previous album, Rocks Or Cakes.

I'm a chunk of people! Hooray for new musicing!
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

This band is a disgrace! It's obvious that they are trying to create prog without complying with the decided rules of the prog, somehow imagining that prog can be better than earlier prog! Af if the best in prog hasn't already happened and established standards of prog! Who do they think they are to avoid the best in prog? By doing this, they also insult me personally, seeing as *I* have no previous knowledge of what they're trying to do, although I know as much as is needed to know about prog! And what *I* am is what the community of prog amounts to in its total embrace of the universe! *I* am prog! Prog is *me*! And this here isn't prog, 'cause *I* don't get it!

Get it?! Prog lives, but only if purported prog corresponds with who *I* am and need to be! Which is the (only) real prog! In fact, I prefer if musicians call me directly on my phone first before attempting to make prog, so as to have me guide them in detail through the production of true prog.
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

Prog ergo sum. I prog therefore I am.

Quote Originally Posted by Udi Koomran View Post
    what about Pryapisme any fans here ?
    Yes! Especially the first album and the new one. They are the bee's knees, or perhaps the cat's pyjamas!
    “your ognna pay pay with my wrath of ballbat”

Bandcamp Profile

Quote Originally Posted by Udi Koomran View Post
    what about Pryapisme any fans here ?
    Well , some and some -I loved the 'Rococo Holocaust' album as it had considerable variety to it -from loud fast electronic explosions to acoustic almost Univers Zero passages with cello and clarinet. But 'Hyperblast Supercollider' I couldn't take at all -just too dense and noisy, like a war based computer game soundtrack which I guess is what they were aiming for. The others I've dipped into but that computer game drum sound really puts me off.

Quote Originally Posted by alanterrill View Post
    Well , some and some -I loved the 'Rococo Holocaust' album as it had considerable variety to it -from loud fast electronic explosions to acoustic almost Univers Zero passages with cello and clarinet. But 'Hyperblast Supercollider' I couldn't take at all -just too dense and noisy, like a war based computer game soundtrack which I guess is what they were aiming for. The others I've dipped into but that computer game drum sound really puts me off.
    It could be worth your time to give a fuller listen to the new album, Diabolicus Felinae Pandemonium. It has got more variety, nuance and - for want of a better term - 'breathing space' than Hyperblast. I think it's one of the best of this year's albums (that I have heard).

Bandcamp Profile

Still loving this album. Second spin. But I can see why most here won't give it the time of day.
    Wait a bit here! This is challenging stuff (is this a bassoon or a clarinet or both I am listening just now on the second track?) I mean whom is this music for? It's not for progsters and it's not for hipsters so you rule out 95% of potential listeners. These guys have balls to play music like that. So give us a little time.
    Last edited by Zappathustra; 07-14-2017 at 05:33 PM.

^ When I get my avant-prog band together it will probably be called Challenged By Bassoons. And EVERYONE will play bassoon.

Bandcamp Profile