Thread: Tull 5 May 1992 Mannheim (A Little Light Music)

Tull 5 May 1992 Mannheim (A Little Light Music)

As a Tull nutjob, I have always been a pretty huge fan of the A Little Light Music album (well, CD in my case). Its very nice to actually see these tunes performed (although only "Nursie" from this show actually made the album). The stripped-down quartet gives these tunes a unique, intimate feel, and Peggy is a very musical bass player! Mattacks sounds great too. Ian's condom chat is pretty funny too. Ian's voice by this point was on a decline from his golden years, but he sounds terrific on a good majority of this show.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    I feel like I have an official DVD from this tour -- am I wrong?

I see that putz Darren Lock has an irritating as hell in boxing video of this set (he's not a fan of Tull, SW, or anything of course). I also see he has the nerve to solicit donations via Patreon at the end of the video. I hope no one is helping to pay for all that music he doesn't even like. Really not sure what motivates him.

I have a soft spot for this live album, as it was around this time I got to see Tull for the first time (November '92, Massey Hall)

I've just checked the setlist for that show. I had no idea it was called the Light And Dark tour, first time I've heard that.

Light Set

The Whistler (intro tape)
    Some Day the Sun Won't Shine for You
    Living in the Past
    Life Is a Long Song
    Beggar's Farm
    Jack-A-Lynn
    Too Old to Rock 'n' Roll, Too Young to Die
    Look Into the Sun
    A Christmas Song
    Bouree / Soiree
    Pussy Willow
    Rocks on the Road
    Aqualung

Dark Set

My Sunday Feeling
    With You There to Help Me
    The Whistler(instrumental)
    This Is Not Love
    A New Day Yesterday
    Passion Jig
    A Song for Jeffrey
    Farm on the Freeway
    My God(w. flute solo incl. God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen)
    Locomotive Breath

Encore:

Thick as a Brick
    Cross-Eyed Mary
    Thick as a Brick (reprise)
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    I see that putz Darren Lock has an irritating as hell in boxing video of this set (he's not a fan of Tull, SW, or anything of course). I also see he has the nerve to solicit donations via Patreon at the end of the video. I hope no one is helping to pay for all that music he doesn't even like. Really not sure what motivates him.
    As I always say when that clown's name is mentioned: I don't give his videos one second of my time. I'm amazed that anyone does.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    As I always say when that clown's name is mentioned: I don't give his videos one second of my time. I'm amazed that anyone does.
    If you donate $5 per month via Patreon he'll review the album of your choice. I want to sign up for the $5, burn one CD called "Darren Lock's a Cunt," and make him review it.

If you donate $5 per month via Patreon he'll review the album of your choice. I want to sign up for the $5, burn one CD called "Darren Lock's a Cunt," and make him review it.
    Who in their right mind would pay money to hear him review something? I'd pay money to have him blocked from the internet.

I see that putz Darren Lock has an irritating as hell in boxing video of this set
    Little Light Music set?

Quote Originally Posted by chalkpie View Post
    Little Light Music set?
    The new SftW reissue