Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Dear Hunter

I just noticed tonight while browsing around Amazon that on June 30th there appears to be a release of Acts I, II, and III as a package from Triple Crown Records (their former label?) for $19.98.

Quote Originally Posted by pbd999 View Post
    I just noticed tonight while browsing around Amazon that on June 30th there appears to be a release of Acts I, II, and III as a package from Triple Crown Records (their former label?) for $19.98.
    THANKS! That went up on Amazon since yesterday so this news is brand new. Pre-ordered.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

I have I, II & III, but failed to follow up. What tracks off IV & V help continue the story &/or make the next 2 worth $$?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A Night on the Town
    The Old Haunt
    The Moon / Awake
    Waves
    Light
    The Most Cursed of Hands / Who Am I
    King of Swords (Reversed)
    The Squeaky Wheel

Thanks I'll try those out.

Act V finally arrived today. As I listened to it (grinning from ear to ear-that's my review), I thought about 90% of the almost sold-out crowd at their gig here last week, who were from 21-35 years old and love this band, and how there are literally hundreds of bands discussed here that these people would go ape-shit for that they will never hear.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

^^^ Very good point, and very true. It's kinda sad to think about them missing out like that... But such is life, I guess.

Glad you're enjoying Act V. I haven't heard that one yet, but you've reminded me to get around to that.

Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    Act V finally arrived today. As I listened to it (grinning from ear to ear-that's my review), I thought about 90% of the almost sold-out crowd at their gig here last week, who were from 21-35 years old and love this band, and how there are literally hundreds of bands discussed here that these people would go ape-shit for that they will never hear.
    On the other hand Steve, there are proggers that still need to discover this band, especially IV and V. Good for you for starting this thread!

^^^^^^^ Thank you sir!

Love to Kendall.

Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    ^^^^^^^ Thank you sir!

Love to Kendall.
    Sure, big hearts to you too. What did I do? Or is there someone else on here named after me?

Quote Originally Posted by doh View Post
    Sure, big hearts to you too. What did I do? Or is there someone else on here named after me?
    You will note in "nightingales" info the name Kirk. That is who that comment was addressed to.

Apologies if you also have a sig other named Kendall.

Ah, I get it now. I was confused by your response to Kirk yet naming Kendall.

That's my actual name although in recent years has become more of a feminine name. Ironically, my dad was named Lindsay, a name which had become more female-associated, so he picked a name which he thought was unique but would remain male.

Quote Originally Posted by doh View Post
    Ah, I get it now. I was confused by your response to Kirk yet naming Kendall.

That's my actual name although in recent years has become more of a feminine name. Ironically, my dad was named Lindsay, a name which had become more female-associated, so he picked a name which he thought was unique but would remain male.
    Wow! What are the odds that you and Kirk's wife (who I should add was one of my late partner Kay's favorite prog people) would share that name.

Quote Originally Posted by mnprogger View Post
    A Night on the Town
    The Old Haunt
    The Moon / Awake
    Waves
    Light
    The Most Cursed of Hands / Who Am I
    King of Swords (Reversed)
    The Squeaky Wheel
    I downloaded all of them (iTunes) and have been keeping them in full rotation. Sweet!
    I'll keep an eye out for tour info.

I saw The Dear Hunter in Chicago about a year ago and thought they put on a great show. I think I was the 2nd oldest person there. Definitely used to being one of the younger folks at prog shows. There were also a lot of women there who know all the words to the songs - very nice to see. So far I like IV the best, but am less familiar with their earlier albums. I did skip seeing them in Chicago this time around. Mostly because I am not a fan of the Aragon.
    DJ @ Music in Widescreen
    Sundays 6pm - 9pm CST
    www.musicinwidescreen.com

Owner @ ProgRock.com
    www.progrock.com
    Your Ticket to the Best in Progressive Rock

not a bad cover of A Night on the Town

https://twitter.com/CaseyCrescenzo/s...92419577249792

"...few things are as rewarding/relieving as finishing vocals for a record. I am relieved."

very curious, but only a few vague guesses on what this could be for.

bump.

Tour this Fall with THE FAMILY CREST!!!!!!!!

(no Minnesota date unfortunately I may try and travel though..Chicago or another location. Wife permission may factor-in).

But even I don't, I'm just really happy to see The Family Crest go on tour with them. I really love The Family Crest, and could easily see The Dear Hunter fans enjoying them.

https://twitter.com/therealTDH/statu...37226036649984

We will be heading out on the road this winter with @TheFamilyCrest & @VAVAenvivo! Tickets go on sale this Friday. Where will we see you?

11/28 Portland, OR
    11/29 Seattle, WA
    12/1 Berkeley, CA
    12/2 Anaheim, CA
    12/3 Phoenix, AZ
    12/5 SLC, UT
    12/8 Chicago, IL
    12/9 Akron, OH
    12/10 Baltimore, MD
    12/12 Boston, MA
    12/13 Brooklyn, NY
    12/14 Philadelphia, PA

bump.

12/1 Berkeley, CA
    Thanks for the head's up. I had to miss them the last time around.
    I'm holding out for the Wilson-mixed 5.1 super-duper walletbuster special anniversary extra adjectives edition.

Yes, please!
    Will be there in Portland opening night!
    "So it goes."
    -Kurt Vonnegut

EP coming 12/1/17

The brand new EP 'All Is As All Should BE' will be released on December 1st 2017 via Cave and Canary Goods.

more there:
    http://thedearhunter.com/

It's really to hard appreciate those snippets, but if I know anything about Dear Hunter it's that I will fall in love with the full release. I'm excited for this.

bump.

We will be heading out on the road this winter with @TheFamilyCrest & @VAVAenvivo! Tickets go on sale this Friday. Where will we see you?

12/2 Anaheim, CA
    I will absolutely be at this one.

http://thedearhunter.com/

caseycrescenzoFor those of you wonderful people who are interested in hearing it, our song “The Right Wrong” from All Is As All Should Be is streaming a day before its single release tomorrow. Head to thedearhunter.com! @therealtdh

bump.

thoughts on the new ep?