Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: David Sancious news

David Sancious news

I guess due to his live-performances with Sting, Paul Simon and Peter Gabriel it takes David Sancious a very long time to finish his new album "The Treehouse Sessions".
    But according his website http://www.davidsancious.com/ he will be playing a couple of solo-concerts, called The Treehouse Concerts, which might suggest that the album will be ready soon.

NEW: CONCERT SERIES

“The Treehouse Concerts" will be presented in a recital atmosphere in David’s studio / recital space in his home in Woodstock New York. David will be presenting a series of Solo piano/solo synthesizer concerts as well as a blues guitar program that David performed when he was Artist In Residence at SUNY New Paltz.

The concerts will run through out the summer every Saturday and Sunday at 4:00 pm.

On occasion, guest artists will join David.

Concert schedule

The environment is very intimate.
    Seating is limited up to 50 seats.
    Tickets are US$120 per person.
    3:00 pm: Doors open
    3:30 pm: Meet and greet and refreshments
    4:00 pm: Music performance
    5:30 to 6:15 pm: Q&A session with photo and autograph opportunities with post concert refreshments with a panoramic view of the Hudson Valley.
    May 2017

May 6 & 7: Solo piano/solo synthesizer
    May 13 & 14: Improvisation duo with Joe Bonadio
    May 20 & 21: Blues guitar “A Brief History of The Blues“ part 1
    May 27 & 28: Solo piano/solo synthesizer
    June 2017

June 3 & 4: Blues guitar “ A Brief History of The Blues “ part 2
    June10 & 11: Improvisation duo with Will Calhoun from “Living Color”
    June17 & 18: Solo piano/solo synthesizer
    Tickets

Please contact: Lesley@thepromotionpeople.ca to reserve your seat before tickets go on sale.
    More info on https://www.thetreehouseconcerts.com/

This is encouraging news! I've been a David Sancious fan ever since being blown away by the True Stories album so many years ago - - - -

wow bummed I am not in the area for these. though 600 bucks to see all 5 different shows maybe it is better I am not around...

Here's a recent interview with David. Seems the new album is being mixed, so we have to be patient a bit more: http://www.centralmaine.com/2017/09/...avid-sancious/

Quote Originally Posted by jeffworman View Post
    This is encouraging news! I've been a David Sancious fan ever since being blown away by the True Stories album so many years ago - - - -
    Great album!

All his 70's albums are at minimum enjoyable; for me True Stories and Just As I Thought kind of share the top spot.
    If you're actually reading this then chances are you already have my last album but if NOT and you're curious:
    https://battema.bandcamp.com/

Also, Ephemeral Sun: it's a thing and we like making things that might be your thing: https://ephemeralsun.bandcamp.com

Here's another recent interview including some charts from his early Tone-work:

http://www.keyboardmag.com/how-to/12...sancious/63798

While we're still wainting for his new album, Sancious did produce an album from the Darren Lyons Group, called "Evil Genius", on which he even plays a synth-solo in one track.

Here's the Group, performing a cover of Allan Holdsworth's "Funnels":

Last edited by interbellum; 11-12-2017 at 10:15 AM. Reason: Just noticed this album is from 2009

David has finally come to the moment to announce his new album. The title isn't The Treehouse Sessions anymore, but Eyes Wide Open.

He started a Pledge-campaign: https://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/davidsancious
    Plenty of stuff to choose from to help finish this project.

Here's the introduction-text on the pledge-page:

David Sancious has embarked on a new recording entitled Eyes Wide Open, an 8 song project featuring legendary names such as Vinnie Colaiuta and Prince alumni Michael Bland and Sonny T. (Thomson). A mix of instrumental and vocal music reminiscent of David’s group Tone, Eyes Wide Open takes a contemporary stance by addressing today’s issues head-on through David’s signature sound.

All pledgers receive a digital download of the recording with their pledge (also available in high resolution 96K 24bit). The campaign will also be offering signed and unsigned audiophile 180-gram vinyl and cds, remastered versions of True Stories and Just as I Thought (both remastered in 2000 and unavailable anywhere else), rare photos and posters of David with Bruce Springsteen and Peter Gabriel, as well as behind the scenes videos, T-shirts, interactive updates, gear used by David on tour, and much, much more, all of which will only be available here through PledgeMusic!! Thank you in advance for your support!!

Fantastic news! Thanks for the update

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He's also touring the coming weeks with drummer Will Calhoun (see: http://www.davidsancious.com/concerts.html)

Quote Originally Posted by interbellum View Post
    David has finally come to the moment to announce his new album. The title isn't The Treehouse Sessions anymore, but Eyes Wide Open.

He started a Pledge-campaign: https://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/davidsancious
    Plenty of stuff to choose from to help finish this project.
    Thanks for the update on this. I pledged for this...looking forward!

Thanks for sharing. Looks like I'll need to pledge.

I just wonder what the goal is. 57 pledgers make it to only 7%...

I wish it had remained an instrumental album... but I'm game to check it out
    Why is it whenever someone mentions an artist that was clearly progressive (yet not the Symph weenie definition of Prog) do certain people feel compelled to snort "thats not Prog" like a whiny 5th grader?

Quote Originally Posted by jeffworman View Post
    Me too! Legendary album!

Bump at 13%.... (140 Pledgers!)

Latest news on the new album from David Sancious: changing route:

Hi Everyone,

Given that Pledge has for all intents and purposes defaulted on its commitments to all the artists now running campaigns including David’s, we are offering the chance to repledge via a new website that will be live next week.

This will require you to cancel your pledge and then wait for us to post a new storefront will all the same items. As far as we know, there will be no issue for refunds since none of the items were shipped and therefore none of your credit cards should have been hit. That is what I have been told by Pledge.

David is very close to completing the album and all other of the items that appeared under Pledge will now be available via new site. I will post the link by Monday of next week.

Any questions or comments, please let me know.

Sorry for this major inconvenience that has taken us all by surprise.

And again, thank you all for the amazing support!

All best,

John McCracken

Team Sancious

Wow... didn't realize how badly Pledge was doing.

Has anyone been able to cancel their pledge? I can't seem to find the way to do that. I click on "Contact us about this pledge" and then go to "How can I cancel my pledge?" and they tell you to click "Contact us about this pledge" to request a cancelation [sic]. I feel like I am missing something here...

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Roth View Post
    Has anyone been able to cancel their pledge? I can't seem to find the way to do that. I click on "Contact us about this pledge" and then go to "How can I cancel my pledge?" and they tell you to click "Contact us about this pledge" to request a cancelation [sic]. I feel like I am missing something here...
    Maybe contact your credit card company?

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Roth View Post
    I've wondered that myself too, but I guess you need to click on the latter option and then you'll find a couple of categories and underneath that there's the option: "I still have a question". There you can write that you which to cancel your pledge.
    You haven't been charged for this pledge yet, so contacting your credit card company wouldn't be the first step I guess.

Here's the mail John McCracken sent out today to all pledgers:

In order to migrate this to a new site, it requires that each one of you cancel your Pledge on the Pledge Music site for this campaign.

The next steps will be:

We will establish an ecommerce site (already in the works) showing the exact same items that you pledged with the same pricing. That should be up and running by next week. You will get a notification from us with the link and all credit cards purchases will be accepted.
    You each need to cancel your pledge with Pledge Music to ensure that your card has not been charged. We have NO control over that and can’t do that for you. But you should not have been charged until we physically delivered the items. Since we haven’t done that, you should not have been charged and cancelling should not be an issue.
    You have the option of either opting out entirely from our Eyes Wide Open once you have cancelled your pledge (hopefully you won’t) or buying the same item at the same price via our ecommerce site setup for this project. It will be the same storefront only migrated to our site.
    We are not using Bandcamp or any other “distribution” outlet given the scope of what we are offering.
    I will send a link next week for the repurchase of the items on our site. I am talking with Pledge to ensure that cancelling will not be a problem. I know some of you have had issues. I’m working on that and will resolve this asap.
    It seems doubtful that Pledge will regroup in time for us to figure this all out in the short term. So, no money will be forthcoming from them to enable this project to happen. Hence, this is our only alternative.
    If you pledged for an item, we cannot deliver it since we have received no funding from Pledge at all. Again, anything that was pledged under Pledge cannot be fulfilled at this point.
    David is continuing to finish the album and we are sure to have it released by early June.

Thank you. Sorry for the confusion. This was not our doing and like you we are trying to navigate this. It’s very unfortunate but fixable.

Stay tuned.

All best,

John

"
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisXymphonia View Post
    Maybe contact your credit card company?
    That's the thing - we haven't been charged yet. But the instructions that they are emailing say "You each need to cancel your pledge with Pledge Music to ensure that your card has not been charged. We have NO control over that and can’t do that for you. But you should not have been charged until we physically delivered the items. Since we haven’t done that, you should not have been charged and cancelling should not be an issue." But I must be missing something here - I can't find a place on the Pledge site to actually cancel it.

^^Like I wrote in my post above you need to use the option "I still have a question" and write your cancellation in the pop-up screen. You'll receive a notification through email, saying: "We are experiencing an extremely high volume of requests but will do our very best to respond to you as quickly as we possibly can. Please be assured that your request has been received and we will respond."

I also pledged for the new Archive-DVD (amongst others), but for this one I was charged, so in this case I asked for a refund.

Fingers crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by interbellum View Post
    ^^Like I wrote in my post above you need to use the option "I still have a question" and write your cancellation in the pop-up screen. You'll receive a notification through email, saying: "We are experiencing an extremely high volume of requests but will do our very best to respond to you as quickly as we possibly can. Please be assured that your request has been received and we will respond."

I also pledged for the new Archive-DVD (amongst others), but for this one I was charged, so in this case I asked for a refund.

Fingers crossed.
    Thanks for the advice. Just did it. What a bummer that all of this is happening.