Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mancunian Candidate

I have added a couple more songs from Mancunian Candidate to youtube!

Secret of a Saint

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4gsqLpraJM

Mongers Among Us.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-7mbqxxUHY

Enjoy!

Was listening to the Mancunian Candidate disc today in the car, on my way home from work. Some great stuff on here. Much like Moth Vellum, it perfectly suits spring and summer weather.

I hope there's a follow-up.

Thanks Aith01 for buying the MC disc! It's great to know that you are enjoying it and your support is much appreciated. I am currently writing for the next Mancunian Candidate recording and already have some great stuff (at least I think so, haha) developing.

Please tell all of your friends about the current Mancunian Candidate disk as the more copies I can shift the faster I can get back in the studio!

Thanks Aith01 !

Quote Originally Posted by Bradley George View Post
    Thanks Aith01 for buying the MC disc! It's great to know that you are enjoying it and your support is much appreciated. I am currently writing for the next Mancunian Candidate recording and already have some great stuff (at least I think so, haha) developing.

Please tell all of your friends about the current Mancunian Candidate disk as the more copies I can shift the faster I can get back in the studio!

Thanks Aith01 !
    I will do my best!

Moth Vellum is something I still listen to even ten years after first getting it. It's also one of the few "prog rock" discs that my cousin (who is also one of my best friends) actually really likes. In fact, a few months ago on a road trip we listened to the whole thing together.

Mancunian Candidate was such as welcome surprise, and it has been in my car CD player for days. I can't bring myself to take it out. It just has so many great melodies that stick with you. It's the closest thing to Moth Vellum that I've heard, in terms of the vibe it gives off. You should be proud -- of both MC and MV!

Thanks Aith01!

Yes, I am proud of them both. I think they are both great CDs for road trips.

I learnt a great deal off the other guys in Moth Vellum. I don't think I have been in a band before with such creative writers. Everybody wrote and arranged and the album was written in twice weekly rehearsals over a period of about 5 years. Very democratic and also very slow. Our initial goal was to make classic old school seventies style music without worrying about the current trends at the time. We were stoked at the response we had.

Personally I had no idea about the internet presence of progressive rock sites such as this until we started researching for places to get reviews and it was great to find out there were so many people out there like Yourself, who still wanted new prog music. Also, the internet had just gotten fast enough to have radio shows etc which really helped us also. Ultimately, if we had had management and record company support we probably could have lasted longer.
    Last edited by Bradley George; 05-14-2018 at 02:35 PM.

I’m also a fan! Of Moth Vellum, Perfect Beings, and of course your new band!! Love the new album! I also bought the cd.... I always will as long as they are available: better sound! Plus it’s the real thing! Keep up the great work! Looking forward to another release!!
    So much music....so little time....

Thanks Flatliner! It really is a great feeling to know that people are enjoying the Mancunian Candidate CD . I agree. I would rather listen to a physical album as opposed to an mp3.

That being said however, there is a bonus hidden track that you can stream on the website. www.mancuniancandidatemusic.com

I think if you go to the audio/video page and scroll to the bottom, there is a question based on the CD cover art. It was a track that never got finished but I thought I would put it up there. It would have been a B side in the olden days. haha. I might develop it at some point but already have plenty of new ideas kicking around for a Mancunian Candidate follow up.

Thanks for supporting us!
    Last edited by Bradley George; 05-14-2018 at 02:46 PM.

Pleased to announce that I will playing drums and backing vox for Queen Extravaganza up until Sep23rd filliing in for Tyler Warren who is currently out with Queen.

https://m.facebook.com/queenextravag...pe=3&source=48

Be great to see some of you folk out at the shows!

Pretty nerve racking first dress rehearsal infront of our bosses! Talk about "Under Pressure"!

https://m.facebook.com/MancunianCand...pe=3&source=48