Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: RIP Erin Moran - Joanie Cunningham in Happy Days

Quote Originally Posted by Staun View Post
    Well, that's 3 of us.
    Four. The "Open Market" is responsible for the bankruptcy of many gravely ill people and their families. (It's not an Open Market, BTW, it's a highly regulated and complex system, with fee schedules, PPO contracts, and major complexity--Just ask The Donald-He couldn't believe how complex it was! A truly Open Market would be an unmitigated disaster-ask anyone who's had to pay for life-or-death care out of pocket, due to no or inadequate insurance. But I will say no more.
    "And this is the chorus.....or perhaps it's a bridge...."

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rcarlberg View Post
    Sounds like Erin was under active treatment, but by the time she was diagnosed she was already stage 4, which means the cancer had metastasized and spread. There is no stage 5.We won't discuss the merits of the US healthcare system. No point.
    Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    What merits?

Sorry.
    You get free pens and stuff at health fairs...

Scott Baio has been having a difficult couple of days in the social media sphere. The actor suffered severe criticism after suggesting his former Happy Days co-star, Erin Moran, died from a heroin overdose and that people who did drugs were certain to die. It now appears his remarks could embroil him in a physical altercation with the bereaved family.

The late actress' brother Tony Moran lashed out at the 56-year-old on Facebook and Twitter, and hinted that he would cause him bodily harm if the two ever crossed paths.

"#scottbaio. Get on your knees and pray I never run into you," Tony wrote after mocking the actor as having a "tiny" manhood.

He referred to the "very brief fling" his sister had with her Happy Days co-star and suggested she broke up with him due to a rather small-scale issues. "She told me you were more like a girl than a man," he posted online. "She told me you were tiny. Ya know. Barely a man in the man region."
    Sounds like Scott should call up his buddy Willie Aames. He might need protection from Bibleman!

Scott Baio's 15 minutes were over decades ago.

"I wanna be 30!" – Scott Baio (aged 45 when he said this).

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Scott Baio's 15 minutes were over decades ago.
    You would think so, yes, but he keeps finding ways to extend it. First there was Charles In Charge, then there was his reality show about 10 years ago (which ran for two seasons!), there's his recent political activities (he spoke at the Republican Convention last year), and now this. He probably saw this is nothing more than a huge publicity stunt.

Quote Originally Posted by GuitarGeek View Post
    You would think so, yes, but he keeps finding ways to extend it. First there was Charles In Charge, then there was his reality show about 10 years ago (which ran for two seasons!), there's his recent political activities (he spoke at the Republican Convention last year), and now this. He probably saw this is nothing more than a huge publicity stunt.
    I think he's also a bit angry that he didn't get a cabinet position.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    I think he's also a bit angry that he didn't get a cabinet position.
    Secretary of Pasta & Tiramisu
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dropforge View Post
    The late actress' brother Tony Moran lashed out at the 56-year-old on Facebook and Twitter, and hinted that he would cause him bodily harm if the two ever crossed paths.

"#scottbaio. Get on your knees and pray I never run into you," Tony wrote after mocking the actor as having a "tiny" manhood.

He referred to the "very brief fling" his sister had with her Happy Days co-star and suggested she broke up with him due to a rather small-scale issues. "She told me you were more like a girl than a man," he posted online. "She told me you were tiny. Ya know. Barely a man in the man region."

I forgot that he was intentionally chosen by human beings to represent them at their convention.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave (in MA) View Post
    Is that from the, cars on blocks in the front yard, convention?
    The older I get, the better I was.

That picture has been floating around for years. And it's still funny.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

re: Scott Baio

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    I forgot that he was intentionally chosen by human beings to represent them at their convention.
    Yeah, I remember mentioning to one of the servers at work that he was going to be speak at the convention, and she broke into the Charles In Charge theme song. And she actually knew all the words, too!

And he was another of those guys who let himself get talked into making records, which on his reality show, he admitted was perhaps a mistake. Another time he said his first album was so bad, they made him go back and make a second, just to make sure.

And he was another of those guys who let himself get talked into making records, which on his reality show, he admitted was perhaps a mistake.
    The irony of admitting a mistake like that on a reality show....
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Another time he said his first album was so bad, they made him go back and make a second, just to make sure.
    These will erase any doubts. I like how the titles kind of go together.

re: Scott Baio

Yeah, I remember mentioning to one of the servers at work that he was going to be speak at the convention, and she broke
    into the Charles In Charge theme song. And she actually knew all the words, too!
    I can recite all the lyrics to the theme song of "Charles In Charge"

Quote Originally Posted by Gruno View Post
    I can recite all the lyrics to the theme song of "Charles In Charge"
    Not really something I'd brag about.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Ever see that episode of Superstore where America Ferrera sings it in Spanish: "Carlos en carga...de nuestros días y nuestros noches."

I would guess all the boomers here could recite the theme from Gilligan's Island as well and really, is that anything to be proud of?
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Since Elias' links don't work:

"Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    Since Elias' links don't work:
    Damn, doesn't YouTube work up there in the Frozen North?

It selectively blocks our ISPs so we are not subjected to that crap!
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

Wait, wait. Hold it. This Scott Baio thing is making me woozy.
    The older I get, the better I was.

Start watching at 1:50