Thread: Pendragon - Masquerade 20

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar

Pendragon - Masquerade 20

Thank god there's another Pendragon DVD! Masquerade 20 is a concert celebrating the 20th anniversary of The Masquerade Overture. What I NEED to know is if there's a DVD/2CD combo? Please god!

And please let it be filmed at that same theater in Poland!

Quote Originally Posted by dnieper View Post
    The Clive Nolan Theater

Wanted to see this tour so am pleased they recorded it!

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Thank god there's another Pendragon DVD! Masquerade 20 is a concert celebrating the 20th anniversary of The Masquerade Overture. What I NEED to know is if there's a DVD/2CD combo? Please god!
    Yes there is :

http://themerchdesk.com/merchdesk/in...product_id=670

Quote Originally Posted by jarmsuh View Post
    Actually I think that place is just bundling the DVD and CD releases. If you look at the Pendragon site it sounds like they aren't packaged together.

http://www.pendragon.mu/masquerade-20-dvd/

Quote Originally Posted by dnieper View Post
    Sweet!! :

"the band return to the Wyspianski Theatre to record a special show, consisting of all the classics from The Masquerade Overture as well as a number of fan-favourites from their other releases."

Actually I think that place is just bundling the DVD and CD releases. If you look at the Pendragon site it sounds like they aren't packaged together.

http://www.pendragon.mu/masquerade-20-dvd/
    Yes you'right, it's not clear on that shop and no indication that pendragon web site is selling both in the same package. But for me it's ok don't want the cds

Old man of prog
    Yes you'right, it's not clear on that shop and no indication that pendragon web site is selling both in the same package. But for me it's ok don't want the cds
    Thanks for the tip. I just ordered. I don't want the DVD lol.

Price from the web store comes to $26.50 US, Amazon has it for $16.28 (incl NYS tax), Import CD's for $11.95 delivered.

Hmm.
    Last edited by BarryLI; 04-24-2017 at 08:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BarryLI View Post
    Price from the web store comes to $26.50 US, Amazon has it for $16.28 (incl NYS tax), Import CD's for $11.95 delivered.

Hmm.
    I think you're comparing the web stores price for both the DVD and CDs bundled together to prices for only the DVD or CD.

I think you're comparing the web stores price for both the DVD and CDs bundled together to prices for only the DVD or CD.
    My prices are for the DVD only, sorry if it wasn't clear.

The DVD is 15 GBP (webstore), add 5 for shipping, 20 GBP is $25.59 US, the DVD is $8.96 + $2.99 shipping from Import CD's.

Quote Originally Posted by BarryLI View Post
    My prices are for the DVD only, sorry if it wasn't clear.

The DVD is 15 GBP (webstore), add 5 for shipping, 20 GBP is $25.59 US, the DVD is $8.96 + $2.99 shipping from Import CD's.
    No, it was my fault, I didn't do the conversion and somehow thought $25.59 must be for both. Yeah, I would definitely order from a US vendor.

I was there 20 years ago, great album -Pendragon reached their peak with that cd.

^ The only time I saw Pendragon was in 1996 at Progfest in LA. I agree that album was a peak. Not of this World and Believe have some very good material, Pure and Passion didn't work for me, Men Who Climb Mountains was something of a return to form though I actually have to listen to it a couple more times all the way through. But I think Nick stopped trying too hard to be relevant to a younger audience.

This time they filmed natively in High Definition but only release as a blury DVD. The "Out of Order Comes Chaos" was filmed in Standard Definition but was croped to widescreen, upscaled and released on Blu-ray. I can't understand Metal Mind...

Quote Originally Posted by Bruno Sampaio Barbosa View Post
    This time they filmed natively in High Definition but only release as a blury DVD. The "Out of Order Comes Chaos" was filmed in Standard Definition but was croped to widescreen, upscaled and released on Blu-ray. I can't understand Metal Mind...
    I saw out of order blu-ray and the picture was not very good, we will see if this one is better, I have seen standard dvds shot in high definition that are better than blu-rays.

I'm always a little behind the curve, but seeing as the album is now celebrating its 21st birthday this year, I thought it would be fun to rediscover it again.

So much so, it's the latest feature on my blog:

https://momentstransition.wordpress....overture-1996/

Hope you enjoy it.

Good review!

Anyone who likes this album should also check out the two preceding ones, The World and The Window of Life. These three are the best though there were some good ones to follow.

Anyone who likes this album should also check out the two preceding ones, The World and The Window of Life. These three are the best though there were some good ones to follow.
    I would add as one of their best Not of this World which iirc Barrett said was his favorite.