Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: YES- 2018 Tour Plans

((
    Last edited by Rand Kelly; 04-21-2017 at 04:28 AM.

I sincerely hope not!! To even consider doing a show like that without Anderson as the vocalist just shows how crazy Howe has become. I've loved Yes since 1974, but I really wish they would just retire now with a shred of dignity.

I'm well up for this show if it comes to town!

And I feel sorry for people like refugee who, for whatever reason, cannot abide even the idea of Yes continuing to exist rather than just, you know, not going...

Quote Originally Posted by refugee View Post
    I sincerely hope not!! To even consider doing a show like that without Anderson as the vocalist just shows how crazy Howe has become. I've loved Yes since 1974, but I really wish they would just retire now with a shred of dignity.
    Oh good grief.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

While I'm not gonna take sides in the "who is Yes" debate I think you have to give Steve & Co. credit for working hard to put together unique shows that us loyal fans will find satisfying. While they came nowhere near me I heard that last years' Drama + Tales shows were very well performed.

IMHO Yes would lose dignity by playing nothing but the "hits" over and over until the fans completely stop coming. Instead they are taking an opposite approach.

Quote Originally Posted by Rand Kelly View Post
    Relayer(start to finish) + Sides 3,4 of Tales From Topographic Oceans. OMG! I have never seen The Ancient-Giants Under The Sun performed live.
    Wild horses couldn't drag me away from this tour idea.

I disagree with the poster above who complained about "no Anderson"....I'm more concerned about White not being up to snuff.
    G.A.S -aholic

Where you hear this news, Rand? Source?

I'm puzzled by the announcement that they'll play side 3. No chance this is a typo ? I think sides 1 and 4 was the better option, these are the best and most accessible sides, with the added "Leaves Of Green" in the recent tour's setlist providing a sizeable chunk of side 3 anyway.

If it *is* side 3, not 1, plus "Relayer", this is hands down the most far-out setlist they've ever come up with, and that doesn't even take into account the challenges posed to this particular set of musicians to perform this material, which adds even more craziness.

Regardless, definitely count me in !
    Calyx (Canterbury Scene) - http://www.calyx-canterbury.fr
    Legends In Their Own Lunchtime (blog) - https://canterburyscene.wordpress.com/
    My latest books : "Yes" (2017) - https://lemotetlereste.com/musiques/yes/ + "L'Ecole de Canterbury" (2016) - http://lemotetlereste.com/musiques/lecoledecanterbury/ + "King Crimson" (2012/updated 2018) - http://lemotetlereste.com/musiques/kingcrimson/
    Canterbury & prog interviews - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdf...IUPxUMA/videos

Quote Originally Posted by refugee View Post
    Man, I sincerely apologize in advance for you being tied up, thrown in the trunk of a car, driven to the show, and forced at gunpoint to sit and watch the whole thing. It's terrible that you can't choose not to go.

Quote Originally Posted by calyx View Post
    I'm puzzled by the announcement that they'll play side 3. No chance this is a typo ? I think sides 1 and 4 was the better option, these are the best and most accessible sides, with the added "Leaves Of Green" in the recent tour's setlist providing a sizeable chunk of side 3 anyway.

If it *is* side 3, not 1, plus "Relayer", this is hands down the most far-out setlist they've ever come up with, and that doesn't even take into account the challenges posed to this particular set of musicians to perform this material, which adds even more craziness.

Regardless, definitely count me in !
    What he said.

But yeah, source?
    I'm holding out for the Wilson-mixed 5.1 super-duper walletbuster special anniversary extra adjectives edition.

I've seen them do Tales side 1, 4 and part of 3. Have never seen side 2. Afaik the only time this was played live was on the original Tales tour 1973-74?

seriously, how can one complain about a setlist like this in 201fucking7??

look at your watches, look at some of the birthdates of these musicians and simply be grateful. look at musician's obit pages

I suppose one could say "go to your simplistic ARW gig and enjoy the 1,630th version of And You And I (http://forgotten-yesterdays.com/song...e=1&qitemid=33).

it's an observable fact that YesO is and will be doing a better job at keeping the whole canon of Yes material alive. fucking hell, ARW's next bassist isn't even a bassist per se.

I'll go see Steve Howe play these licks and will love it. it's a big reason I go to any Yes gig; to see a master musician play his music

half the time I wish he's call this 'Steve Howe's Yes Revisited' just to chaf out the whining and negative assholery from the 'Yes' discussion
    2trevorsforlife

Quote Originally Posted by helix View Post
    half the time I wish he's call this 'Steve Howe's Yes Revisited' just to chaf out the whining and negative assholery from the 'Yes' discussion
    Sit down. Pour yourself a coffee, and ask yourself : "Would changing the band name really stop the assholery?"

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    Sit down. Pour yourself a coffee, and ask yourself : "Would changing the band name really stop the assholery?"
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    If true, I'd make an effort to see Relayer. Despite being one of my all time favourite Yes albums, I haven't overplayed it.
    Last edited by mozo-pg; 04-18-2017 at 01:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by helix View Post

It shouldn't be that tough of an ask, but this is Steve Howe we're talking about. Reality hasn't dawned on him that he's no longer playing in Yes, and also as greedy as they come.

Still waiting for that UK tour to be announced....

Hope this is true, but very hard to believe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"greedy" - Really? Playing his own music to fans who voluntarily want to hear it for a set price. Yeah, textbook definition of "greed"

"you keep using that word... I do not think it means what you say"

I take it "Rich" means anyone who has more money than you

Quote Originally Posted by Facelift View Post
    It shouldn't be that tough of an ask, but this is Steve Howe we're talking about. Reality hasn't dawned on him that he's no longer playing in Yes, and also as greedy as they come.
    LOL, sure -- Steve Howe is going to get rich playing the thorniest, most uncommercial music Yes ever created.

I'll say this for you Facelift: you cling to your narratives like a dog with a bone.
    I'm holding out for the Wilson-mixed 5.1 super-duper walletbuster special anniversary extra adjectives edition.

I love the idea of hearing Relayer, but not if it's poorly played. I'm sure Howe and Sherwood are up to the task, but White has been simplifying his parts since the early 2000s and can barely keep time anymore. How is the guy going to get through this music? Downes is a fine arranger and very good with certain repertoire, but he's not a soloist. I can't imagine him even wanting to attempt something like Sound Chaser.

I see there's been an edit to the original post...Sides ONE and Four of Tales...I'm still in, never seen RSoG played live before.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post

lol fuck no it wouldn't!
    2trevorsforlife

Quote Originally Posted by Facelift View Post

Re: "greedy"

St Jon may be the greediest of all Yes members. have you seen his fucking resume?? read the various 'problem$' he's had from everyone from Vangelis to the online musicians he never paid??

Howe never quit Yes in the middle of a project/session/tour.

he has never been accused of ripping other band members off

he's a musician whom plays music. he PLAYS. end of story

St. Jon will sing Owner and Roundabout any chance he can get. enjoy!
    2trevorsforlife

Psst.....don't feed the troll, guys