Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Discipline - Captives Of The Wine Dark Sea (new album in June)

I go for the Crippled Phoenix and the Crooked Vultures (The Black Crowes and Geier Sturzflug are still having tea)

West of Worcester (Western Massachusetts)
    Picked up my copy on Friday and have spun the disc a couple of times. Been a fan for quite some time and find this release as strong as any of their previous releases. i do miss Bouda, whose playing on the Discipline Live '95 DVD is just killer.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Someone please tell me that Discipline is going to do some kind of tour. They really need to! I'd travel into the wilds of Brooklyn to see them (though not to Long Island!).

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Someone please tell me that Discipline is going to do some kind of tour. They really need to! I'd travel into the wilds of Brooklyn to see them (though not to Long Island!).
    not exactly a tour, but at least a show...and not long island: http://www.njproghouse.com/2017/08/0...ember-23-2017/

Wang dang doodle!! Thanks for lettin' me know!

And it's at a good time for old men!!

Wang dang doodle!! Thanks for lettin' me know!

And it's at a good time for old men!!
    I hear ya. Afternoon shows are great when you - meaning me - have a three hour drive each way

I am looking forward to seeing them at Progtoberfest in Chicago in October. I think they are doing a Detroit area show that same weekend as well.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    I am looking forward to seeing them at Progtoberfest in Chicago in October. I think they are doing a Detroit area show that same weekend as well.
    Yes. Discipline, Luz De Riada, and Necromonkey are performing in Ferndale at The Loving Touch, Thursday, the night before Progtoberfest.

Quote Originally Posted by philsunset View Post
    Yes. Discipline, Luz De Riada, and Necromonkey are performing in Ferndale at The Loving Touch, Thursday, the night before Progtoberfest.
    There is no way I can pull off a night in Detroit on top of 3 nights in Chicago, but that is an incredible lineup for anyone living in the area. All 3 bands are well worth seeing.

Life Imitates Art = great song!
    My progressive music site: https://pienemmatpurot.com/ Reviews in English: https://pienemmatpurot.com/in-english/

Quote Originally Posted by Kcrimso View Post
    Yeah, that was stuck in my head for days.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    There is no way I can pull off a night in Detroit on top of 3 nights in Chicago, but that is an incredible lineup for anyone living in the area. All 3 bands are well worth seeing.
    And a ticket to see all 3 bands is $8.00.

I'm hoping to make that Detroit show, in advance of Progtoberfest.

And a ticket to see all 3 bands is $8.00.
    Well they're definitely not making money on this show.

Quote Originally Posted by Kcrimso View Post
    Love the accurate Pawnhearts/Lemmings flavor of that tune much, but it's the big cut -Burn the Fire Upon the Rocks that feels like a new epic ear business, and gets my big love right now. In general, loving this disc (file?) -playing it a lot now!!It goes down real easy. If it were released in the day, it would have been an instant classic.

Discipline and Galactic Cowboy Orchestra's show at NJ Proghouse this weekend is being livestreamed on House of Prog. Just putting that out there.

Discipline and Galactic Cowboy Orchestra's show at NJ Proghouse this weekend is being livestreamed on House of Prog. Just putting that out there.
    i'll be there. i DO so much appreciate that they have afternoon shows.

Mapping things out for attending this gig tomorrow night, and...The Loving Touch website shows no Luz De Riada or Necromonkey. They have someone called Earth Engine opening. Does anyone have any info on which is right?

I saw this too, here's what it says on the Facebook page for the event, in response to someone's inquiry about the change of lineup:

"Yes. They cancelled their tours unfortunately. Earth Engine is a great band filling out this bill."

I'll be there tomorrow night, if all goes well. Flying up from NC, then driving to Chicago on Friday for Progtoberfest.

Here are details about Thursday night's show in Ferndale, MI, again per Facebook (NOTE: Discipline plays first, which is great):

Details
    Art Rock Showcase:
    Discipline will take the stage first at 9:30PM (early).
    Earth Engine plays second.

ADMISSION: $8 advance – $10 at the door – all ages

DETAILS...

DISCIPLINE are an independent rock band from Detroit. They have performed and recorded together for over 25 years on their indie record label, Strung Out Records. Current members include Matthew Parmenter, Chris Herin, Mathew Kennedy, and Paul Dzendzel. They return from touring in Spain, Italy, and Canada to play a hometown show before moving on to play Progtoberfest in Chicago 10/21. https://disciplineband.bandcamp.com/

Discipline is promoting the new album "Captives of the Wine Dark Sea" released on the U.S. label Laser's Edge. Veteran music producer Terry Brown (Rush, Fate's Warning) mixed the new Discipline release. "Captives of the Wine Dark Sea" was released worldwide in July 2017.

EARTH ENGINE is a 7-piece experimental / funk band from Detroit featuring musicians Matthew Romanski, Aaron Romanski, Tim Gregg, John Raleeh, Niklaus Landstrom, Tom Stanko, Chad Opfermann "Any planet is 'Earth' to those that live on it.” https://earthengineband.bandcamp.com/releases
    ###

Quote Originally Posted by Gerhard View Post
    I saw this too, here's what it says on the Facebook page for the event, in response to someone's inquiry about the change of lineup:

"Yes. They cancelled their tours unfortunately. Earth Engine is a great band filling out this bill."

I'll be there tomorrow night, if all goes well. Flying up from NC, then driving to Chicago on Friday for Progtoberfest.

Here are details about Thursday night's show in Ferndale, MI, again per Facebook (NOTE: Discipline plays first, which is great):

Details
    Art Rock Showcase:
    Discipline will take the stage first at 9:30PM (early).
    Earth Engine plays second.

ADMISSION: $8 advance – $10 at the door – all ages

DETAILS...

DISCIPLINE are an independent rock band from Detroit. They have performed and recorded together for over 25 years on their indie record label, Strung Out Records. Current members include Matthew Parmenter, Chris Herin, Mathew Kennedy, and Paul Dzendzel. They return from touring in Spain, Italy, and Canada to play a hometown show before moving on to play Progtoberfest in Chicago 10/21. https://disciplineband.bandcamp.com/

Discipline is promoting the new album "Captives of the Wine Dark Sea" released on the U.S. label Laser's Edge. Veteran music producer Terry Brown (Rush, Fate's Warning) mixed the new Discipline release. "Captives of the Wine Dark Sea" was released worldwide in July 2017.

EARTH ENGINE is a 7-piece experimental / funk band from Detroit featuring musicians Matthew Romanski, Aaron Romanski, Tim Gregg, John Raleeh, Niklaus Landstrom, Tom Stanko, Chad Opfermann "Any planet is 'Earth' to those that live on it.” https://earthengineband.bandcamp.com/releases
    ###
    Many thanks for the info, Gerhard. I'm not on Facebook, and probably wouldn't have looked there.

Very unfortunate news though. My main interest in attending was to see Luz De Riada and Necromonkey, which would have been a rare opportunity for someone in middle America. I've seen Discipline before, and I'd be looking at a 2 hour drive, so I will probably pass on it now.

Will plan on attending The Tangent next week.

I did listen to Earth Engine, and didn't care for them at all.

Listening to “Captives” now. This album has begun aging well. The song “Love Songs,” which just seemed surprisingly conventional initially, now just sounds really good, and a bit like a Lennon-McCartney song to me.

^^^^^
    Listening to “Captives” now. This album has begun aging well. The song “Love Songs,” which just seemed surprisingly conventional initially, now just sounds really good, and a bit like a Lennon-McCartney song to me.

I like that track a lot. The whole album is really good I think but sometimes the mood hits me just to listen to that track.