Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Big Brother Canada season 5

I didn't know that Naked and Afraid starts next weekend. Thanks for the heads up!

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post
    I didn't know that Naked and Afraid starts next weekend. Thanks for the heads up!
    The single 21-day survival episodes are currently running.

Quote Originally Posted by Gruno
    By the way, is that game show host from a Canadian show? I remember he has been a guest in a comp or two in previous season(s).
    BTW, I had no idea who that guy was. It took me about five minutes of Google searches to even figure it out. Turns out he's the spokesperson for The Brick...the furniture store sponsoring the show. I thought this blog said it best...

Does anyone who hasn’t played Big Brother Canada or worked for The Brick know who the heck Mike Bell is? I’ve watched the show for five seasons now and every single time he’s made his little guest appearance I’ve forgotten immediately afterward that he is a person that exists. Not only was the POV competition unwatchable just because of how it was set up and executed, it was also intolerable because of the house-guests persistence and insistence in making Mike Bell a character on the show that we were all supposed to fall in love with.
    https://themastermindsite.com/2017/0...episode-recap/

I was really liking Dre for the win up until last night. I loved how she was playing Ika. But then she was changing her mind and thinking she should keep Ika. Then she voted for her to go, when Ika was clearly staying. What the hell is going on in that girl's head? I'm just confused...and I think Dre is too.

Nice to see a bit of Canadian flair finally being inserted with the Canada 150 and Participaction stuff. And Ika's story about coming to Canada and appreciating all that she has here was pretty nice too.

Don't let your meatloaf! Paulie's Avatar
    We were a bit thrown when Ika made her speech and directed her venom at Dre. Then Dre voted for Ika to leave while William voted for her to stay. Was there something we missed?? The last we saw was Dre campaigning HARD for Ika. I mean, she was trying to get Demetres to use the veto on Ika instead of himself for fuck's sake! #Confused. Triple eviction was fun. Should be interesting from here on out. Who knew Dillon and Karen would get this far?
    "That gum you like is going to come back in style."

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie View Post
    We were a bit thrown when Ika made her speech and directed her venom at Dre. Then Dre voted for Ika to leave while William voted for her to stay. Was there something we missed?? The last we saw was Dre campaigning HARD for Ika. I mean, she was trying to get Demetres to use the veto on Ika instead of himself for fuck's sake! #Confused. Triple eviction was fun.
    Now we know.

I just got caught up due to guests staying with us this past week.

Go Kevin! He's pulling out the wins and strategy when he needs it most!

Ika, damn, she was playing good and I actually felt different than her original run. But, she still rubs me wrong. She needs to go. I want to see the other 4 battle it out.

Yes, agree that it was very nice that they gave us some Canadian flavor. I still miss Marcia!

I probably won't get to watch any of this week's episodes until Thursday/Friday.

Big Brother is evil and twisted. I LOVED yesterday episode. Karen deserves an Oscar.

Big Brother is evil and twisted. I LOVED yesterday episode. Karen deserves an Oscar.
    Damn you!! You made it so I had to watch Monday's episode!!!

Yeah, Karen was good. Ika felt how others must have felt when she shredded those letters. That shredding, however, is a top 5 highlight from all the BB for me!!

Go kev!!!

I'd be happy with a Kevin/Dillon final 2

Oh, and who is happy Marcia returned????

Quote Originally Posted by Gruno View Post
    Damn you!! You made it so I had to watch Monday's episode!!!
    Mwaaahaaahaaaa!

Why didn't Kevin nominate Karen??? I thought that he would do that so Dillon would vote Karen to stay. Meanwhile, Dillon would be cool with Kevin. It's no secret that Karen doesn't like Kevin, so nominating her wouldn't have ruffled anything.

Why didn't Kevin nominate Karen??? I thought that he would do that so Dillon would vote Karen to stay. Meanwhile, Dillon would be cool with Kevin. It's no secret that Karen doesn't like Kevin, so nominating her wouldn't have ruffled anything.
    I haven't watched last night's show yet so I don't know who was eliminated. But my guess is that Keven needs both Dillon and Demetres to go. He can beat Ika and Karen in the final HOH. If he puts up Karen, and Dillon for some reason chooses to keep Demetres, Kevin could be left with both Dillon and Demetres in the house. If he left the noms the same and Karen and Dillon voted out Ika, he has the same problem. This way he gets rid of one of the two remaining strongest players, for sure.

Karen's fatal flaw is her hatred for Kevin. She made a huge mistake this week by voting out Dillon. He would have taken her to final two. I don't think she'll get there now.

The tour of the house was hilarious! I'm pretty sure the tour guide is also Marsha the Moose.

I wonder why only Dillon got to see a family member? Seems a little unfair to me.

I forgot to mention the tour!!! Yes, we were laughing out loud during that entire scene!

I also think Marsha is the tour guide. There were a few words mixed in there where he did the high pitched moose jargon by mistake.

I wonder why only Dillon got to see a family member? Seems a little unfair to me.
    I wondered the same thing. Did he win something earlier in the season for this?

Also, about that tour when they had to freeze... The comments from the tour guide was very Zingbot-like.

The comments from the tour guide was very Zingbot-like.
    Yes. Very good point!

Great season! Great game played by the winner. A well deserved unanimous vote.

Great season! Great game played by the winner. A well deserved unanimous vote.
    Excellent!!! Agreed, ForeverAutumn! I will expand my thoughts in the coming days. Hopefully others will have caught up by then.

We've been watching through Kodi. We got to the finale show and instead of playing the final two hour finale, it started playing the Good Morning show or whatever its called where twithin he first 5 seconds showed Kevin and Karen sitting together and Arisa reading the final vote and announcing Kevin as the winner. There wasn't even a chance of stopping that spoiler! Thanks a lot Kodi!!!! We were so pissed we didn't even bother searching for the proper finale. I mean, at that point, who cares?

Thoughts on this season: The only moment that had us screaming and high-fiving, was when Sindy with an S jammed up Neda's game. That was it. We like when they let Canada throw a couple monkey-wrenches into the mix and we didn't see any of that this season. We thought it was a decent season. Not great.

I still want to comment on the finale... but...

The news today is grim:
    Big Brother Canada has been put on hiatus...

Booooooo!

Well that sucks. I really enjoyed BBCan.

And just like that... BBCan Season 6 is set to air next year!! Global had an announcement video with Arissa Cox claiming it's by an overwhelming demand that it is back.