Thread: Magenta Release We Are Legend on April 20th

Magenta Release We Are Legend on April 20th

View the trailer at:

Pre-order at www.magenta-web.com

Tigermoth Records and Nineteen-73 artist promotions are pleased to announce that the long overdue new Magenta album ‘We Are Legend’ will be released on April 20th 2017.

The album features 3 tracks, opening with the epic ‘Trojan’ which runs in at 26 minutes with ‘Colours’ and ‘Legend’ being the remaining songs. The CD will be accompanied by a DVD containing the whole album in 5.1 surround sound plus interview and performance videos.

Rob Reed says:
    “I always think that modern albums are too long. I love the format of the classic prog albums of the 70’s which were around 40-50 minutes, side one having a long epic and side 2 two containing two shorter tracks. Yes made ‘Relayer’ and ‘Close to the Edge’ in that format.”

‘We Are Legend’ can be pre-ordered from www.magenta-web.com

The band will be performing much of the new album at the upcoming gigs.

Cardiff -The Globe March 31
    CRS Wath -Montgomery Hall April 1
    Bilston -The Robin 2 April 2
    London -Boston Music Room April 8
    Southampton -Talking Heads April 9
    St.Helens -The Citadel May 13

Magenta are available for features and interviews. Reviewers and radio stations - please contact Stephen Lambe at Nineteen-73 Artist Promotions via stephen@nineteen-73.co.uk for further details.

Banned
    That's what I want to hear more off, 5.1 from the beginning. The only production better would be Dolby Atmos.

That promo suggests that the next logical step (after Oldfield) is Vangelis. Sounds great, but.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    That might just be part of an intro. There's another cample/video with part of a song that's much more Magenta. And the "Oldfield" stuff was Robert Reed solo.

Bought We Are Legend from their Bandcamp page. Much to my (pleasant) surprise, the FLAC version is 24 bit hi-res. Very well worth the £7/$9.38 price in my book.
    "Well my son, life is like a beanstalk, isn't it?"--Dalai Lama

West of Worcester (Western Massachusetts)
    Ordered from Laser's Edge!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by progmatist View Post
    Bought We Are Legend from their Bandcamp page. Much to my (pleasant) surprise, the FLAC version is 24 bit hi-res. Very well worth the £7/$9.38 price in my book.
    Refresh me on whether the FLAC version can be used with iTunes.

My musical tastes have changed dramatically over the past 5-6 years. Magenta used to be a band I practically worshipped. Kris and Lambsie can both corroborate that. I do own most of their catalog through "27" but my prog ears (no pun intended) lately listen to a lot more Avant, RIO and angular music. I'm also spending a lot of time these days listening to the Hi-Los, 4 Freshmen, jazz vocalese in general, and a lot of doowop (the music of my youth).

All that said, 5 minutes after hearing a Legend cample and remembering why I loved them and my singular admiration for Ms. Booth, I bought this album.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Quote Originally Posted by Firth View Post
    Refresh me on whether the FLAC version can be used with iTunes.
    FLAC can be easily converted to ALAC, which is iTunes compatible.
    "Well my son, life is like a beanstalk, isn't it?"--Dalai Lama