Thread: Flora Cavina - plays "Firth of Fifth" on solo piano and sings

Flora Cavina - plays "Firth of Fifth" on solo piano and sings

Here's something that might interest some of you:

She's got a rather noticeable accent, and an Amy Winehouse voice that might suit other kinds of material better, but it's still an interesting version.

Good Morning..

First - John.... thanks for posting this! Take aside our familiarity with the well loved version by Genesis... and it is very clear that 'Firth' is clearly a wonderful composition by Mr. Banks. Seems so very clear in this different look!

What a fine voice and interpretation by this Flora. Perhaps we need to keep an eye on her!? Personally, thanks to a delightful lady love I had in my life... I find the voice of Amy Winehouse certainly interesting indeed. The comparison, John, is most accurate!

Carry On
    Chris Buckley

Quote Originally Posted by winkersnufs View Post
    Good Morning..

First - John.... thanks for posting this! Take aside our familiarity with the well loved version by Genesis... and it is very clear that 'Firth' is clearly a wonderful composition by Mr. Banks. Seems so very clear in this different look!

What a fine voice and interpretation by this Flora. Perhaps we need to keep an eye on her!? Personally, thanks to a delightful lady love I had in my life... I find the voice of Amy Winehouse certainly interesting indeed. The comparison, John, is most accurate!

Carry On
    Chris Buckley
    Perfect with my morning coffee!
    Dave Sr.

I prefer Nature to Human Nature

Fantastic---love when young musicians see the power of 70's prog and do their thing with it---Banks being a genius in his piano parts would likely attract a young pianist to this song----keeps the great 70's prog alive as great music compositions.

According to her FB page she's a huge Winehouse fan, so...
    Cobra handling and cocaine use are a bad mix.

Quote Originally Posted by winkersnufs View Post
    I find the voice of Amy Winehouse certainly interesting indeed. The comparison, John, is most accurate!

Carry On
    Chris Buckley
    That wasn't my idea - it was someone's comment on the YouTube page this come from. I might not have noticed it.