Thread: Black Sabbath announce the end...

Black Sabbath announce the end...

Not sure if this was posted already..........Just came across this......I knew they were wrapping up 'The End" tour but this seems a bit MORE official

http://teamrock.com/news/2017-03-08/...nounce-the-end

My first real HEAVY band I got into once I started learning the GTR....saw them in 75 in Asbury Park NJ.

I Sooooooo wanted to catch a show from this last tour but it was not in the cards.
    G.A.S -aholic

It's been official ever since they made the announcement over a year ago. Anyway, glad I got to see them on this final tour. However, like Marillion I was unable to find a t shirt.

Huh? The end was a few weeks back.

Now Geezer can finally embark on his jazz odyssey while Ozzy and Tony finish their musical about the life of Jack The Ripper.
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

Not sure if everyone will get this reference but it's starting to remind me of "I repeat. Buckwheat has been shot." But instead, it's "I repeat. This is the end for Black Sabbath. We said it before but we'll keep saying it. We really mean in it this time. This is the end." It's like who are they trying to convince? Or are they just milking it as a publicity stunt to get more album and dvd sales?

I'm just glad they got off one last album and one farewell tour with Tony being well enough to play. There was a time when I didn't think we'd get to see that. RIP.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Why was Bill Ward not included/mentioned at all ... ???

My first concert was MSG 1976 Technical Ecstasy tour, Ted Nugent opened.

R.I.P mighty Sabs!
    no tunes, no dynamics, no nosebone

Quote Originally Posted by WHORG View Post
    Why was Bill Ward not included/mentioned at all ... ???
    Because Sharon Osbourne is a psychotic bitch who effectively drove Ward out of the band when he wouldn't bend over and let her financially buttf**k him, and as a consequence she now wants to write him out of Sabbath history entirely. This announcement is likely just another one of Sharon's PR ploys to keep her revenue streams in the public eye and the shekels rolling in. As others have pointed out, it's been no secret that this was the last go round for Sabbath - Iommi has incurable, if manageable, cancer (lymphoma, IIRC) and none of them are getting any younger. All good things come to an end, sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by kid_runningfox View Post
    Because Sharon Osbourne is a psychotic bitch who effectively drove Ward out of the band when he wouldn't bend over and let her financially buttf**k him, and as a consequence she now wants to write him out of Sabbath history entirely.
    She's done it before. Wiped-out Kerslake and Daisley from Ozzy's solo history -even from the recordings.
    Macht das ohr auf!

COSMIC EYE RECORDS

^Thankfully that (Blizzard/Diary overdubs) was since corrected- but truly heinous that it was done in the first place.

The Birmingham gig was always planned as the end. I don't know about Geezer Butler but the other three (including the excommunicated Ward) all have health issues to varying degrees, so it's good that they've ended things on their own terms.

(That Asbury Park '75 show is a famous one, a bit of it turned up on the Past Lives CD.)
    Last edited by JJ88; 03-10-2017 at 06:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JJ88 View Post
    (That Asbury Park '75 show is a famous one, a bit of it turned up on the Past Lives CD.)
    The whole recording is easily attainable and, IMO, one of the best live documents of the band.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

If the band's management wanted to keep the cash flowing they could always give us that complete Asbury show and NOT brick-wall the thing.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Pendulumswingingdoomsday Rune Blackwings's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    If the band's management wanted to keep the cash flowing they could always give us that complete Asbury show and NOT brick-wall the thing.
    Sharon's wrath seems to be bigger than her sheer greed although the two tend to work in tandem.
    "Alienated-so alien I go!"

Great band. I wasn't a fan during the heyday but liked a few of their hits. When I really got into them was around 2013. They are "ground zero" of heavy metal. They were Metallica in the 60s and 70s.

Actually, Blue Cheer was Metallica in the 60s....

Sabbath being one of the few artists whom I not only admire but actually try to keep up with and follow current activity, it's hard to fathom how much misinformation has made its way into such a young thread.

Man alive ...

Makes me wonder how much stuff I read about artists whom I don't necessarily keep up with very well is just plain bananas.

Looking for a rec.

I pulled out my copy of Master of Reality today, and there's a nasty scratch on it.

I have the Warner Bros. CD (looks like it's the original pressing on CD?).

What CD version should I look to purchase? Thanks in advance!
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by polmico View Post
    Looking for a rec.

I pulled out my copy of Master of Reality today, and there's a nasty scratch on it.

I have the Warner Bros. CD (looks like it's the original pressing on CD?).

What CD version should I look to purchase? Thanks in advance!
    I have the Castle disc, which sounds pretty good. I can't say it's the best out there. There have been subsequent expanded releases.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

I would just go with the original CD. Sounds great cranked up. Of you want bonus material, there are the Deluxe Edition releases.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick L. View Post
    I would just go with the original CD. Sounds great cranked up. Of you want bonus material, there are the Deluxe Edition releases.
    Some of the original Warners do sound great. "Sabotage" certainly does. I don't personally know if they all do, though.

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    Some of the original Warners do sound great. "Sabotage" certainly does. I don't personally know if they all do, though.
    I have originals of them all through Live Evil, except Technical Ecstasy, which is the more recent remaster (in the digipak, sounds good, just a little louder). They are all really good and very "crankable"