Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rush - Double Agent

Rush - Double Agent

Great tune...1993 baby!
    Chris

Great song from a very good album. "Counterparts" is in fact one of my very favorite Rush albums!

Love Counterparts - much more than the average Rush fan. Some great grooves on this one.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

I remember it well when this album came out, and I bought it on release day with Pearl Jam's Vs album which was also brand new. Funnily enough I thought Rush was somewhat influenced by Pearl Jam on the track Animate.

Still very fond of this album, particularly Cold Fire, Cut To The Chase, Stick It Out and Between Sun & Moon. I even came around to Everyday Glory as the years went on.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

The eons are closing
    Also a fave of mine, a welcome return to a less synthy persona.
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit

Rush cranked up the bottom on this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    Love Counterparts - much more than the average Rush fan. Some great grooves on this one.
    Same here.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    I love it too. All Except Everyday Glory and Nobody's Hero. Somehow those songs are a) thematically similar, and b) musically uninteresting. I should really make a playlist that omits them. The rest is great though.
    I never understand how some people don't like Stick It Out and Animate -- both are such great songs!

Big fan of that track and the album. Thick sound after 2 thin sounding albums.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like Nobody's Hero, and those of us who live in southern Ontario will likely identify with the second verse, which deals with one of the girls murdered by Paul Bernardo, a serial killer from this area in the early 90s. Peart had known the family in his younger days, before she was even born.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Counterparts is the last great Rush album!

Quote Originally Posted by BravadoNJ View Post
    Counterparts is the last great Rush album!
    The members of Rush would beat you silly for saying that!

The eons are closing
    But he may be right, tho CA is good too.
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit

Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    But he may be right, tho CA is good too.
    Disagree. Vapor Trails is awesome. Both that and CA are better than S&A, too. That one has some killa cuts (the instrumentals, and "Far Cry," mainly), but also the most duds since Presto/RTB.

i'm not saying T4E, VP, S&A and CA are bad albums... they are not as good as Counterparts.

i'm not saying T4E, VP, S&A and CA are bad albums... they are not as good as Counterparts.
    I'll buy that.

Clockwork Mother-Fucking Angels for the win (but I do like Counterparts)
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

I like Snakes and Arrows better than either CA or CP. Weird how different albums affect us in different ways. I'll take a "bad" Rush album almost anyday over no Rush album. I surprised that they have never kept songs around that never made an album. I imagine there are some real gems in that supposed "non-existent" trash can. I'd sure love to hear some of them, or perhaps some of their "Jams" - I hear they record them.

Quote Originally Posted by Yodelgoat View Post
    I like Snakes and Arrows better than either CA or CP. Weird how different albums affect us in different ways. I'll take a "bad" Rush album almost anyday over no Rush album. I surprised that they have never kept songs around that never made an album. I imagine there are some real gems in that supposed "non-existent" trash can. I'd sure love to hear some of them, or perhaps some of their "Jams" - I hear they record them.
    They might become cash "poor" within a few years, so you never know.

Might want to put on Vapor Trails again. Just saying.

I just played Counterparts and forgot to stop it after "Leave That Thing Alone". Oh that was a mistake. "Cold Fire" is still a wretched experience.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    "Cold Fire" is still a wretched experience.
    That's one of my faves, actually.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

I like Cold Fire too.

It's weird how much of Rush's catalog is YMMV. I mean the lyrics to "Cold Fire" are just so clumsy to me I just want to yell at Peart. And I probably will make people roll their eyes by admitting I like the title track from Roll the Bones.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    It's weird how much of Rush's catalog is YMMV. I mean the lyrics to "Cold Fire" are just so clumsy to me I just want to yell at Peart. And I probably will make people roll their eyes by admitting I like the title track from Roll the Bones.
    I love RtB (the song)