Thread: Record Collector-Excellent ELP feature

Record Collector-Excellent ELP feature

Have started buying this magazine again lately after a few years hiatus. Been some great features over recent months & latest ELP feature just came out
    I have always tended to 'cherry pick' which one's I buy dependent on the features but always felt it was a good unbiased mag.
    Any other's buy the UK's Record Collector?
    What is the USA's equilivant?

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
    Have started buying this magazine again lately after a few years hiatus. Been some great features over recent months & latest ELP feature just came out
    I have always tended to 'cherry pick' which one's I buy dependent on the features but always felt it was a good unbiased mag.
    Any other's buy the UK's Record Collector?
    What is the USA's equilivant?
    I bought a few issues ages ago. Goldmine is probably the US equivalent, if it still exists.

Do you know how one may purchase this magazine in the US? I'd be interested in getting the ELP issue.
    Laura

I've been a subscriber for more than 15 years. For a while, a couple of years ago, they began including some articles on metal -even death metal- and more modern bands, but lately they seem to have gone back to their forte. In a recent issue there was a long article on legendary early Seventies prog label Neon, and in every issue there's at least a good in depth article about little known bands from that era: Indian Summer, Blossom Toes, Dark... But it does seem that the cover story almost always covers some aspect of the big all time names: The Who, Beatles, Pink Floyd, Bowie, Stones... The important thing is that their articles are usually not pulled together from old clippings, and include fresh interviews from surviving musicians. Great mag.

The Enemy God
    Yes I bought this Saturday, good Chris Welch article on ELP , with some nice anecdotes and more recent quotes from GL and KE before they passed away.

I also tend to buy this magazine now , the live reviews and latest release section seems thorough. I think the Vinyl revival has given it some added audience.

Quote Originally Posted by lak611 View Post
    Do you know how one may purchase this magazine in the US? I'd be interested in getting the ELP issue.
    I'm sure you could buy it as a prescription. Goldmine is sold in HmV and major record stores and newsagent chains in the UK, do you have anything similar in the US that sell Record Collector? Some people also sell them on EBay

I'm sure you could buy it as a prescription. Goldmine is sold in HmV and major record stores and newsagent chains in the UK, do you have anything similar in the US that sell Record Collector? Some people also sell them on EBay
    I don't want a subscription to the US Goldmine magazine, nor to this magazine. I simply want to purchase the single issue about ELP. I'm more interested in ELP than in the magazine subscription.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
    Laura

Quote Originally Posted by lak611 View Post
    I don't want a subscription to the US Goldmine magazine, nor to this magazine. I simply want to purchase the single issue about ELP. I'm more interested in ELP than in the magazine subscription.

As mentioned, try a major newsagent outlet or major high street record chain or Ebay. Do Record Collector sell single editions I know they sell individual back issues!

As mentioned, try a major newsagent outlet or major high street record chain or Ebay. Do Record Collector sell single editions I know they sell individual back issues!
    OK, I'll check eBay. I wouldn't have any clue how to order a magazine from a record store chain in the UK .

I'm in the USA.

Laura

You can buy it directly from the magazine's website.

http://shop.recordcollectormag.com/i...e-464-mar-2017

Quote Originally Posted by Gerhard View Post
    You can buy it directly from the magazine's website.

http://shop.recordcollectormag.com/i...e-464-mar-2017
    Thanks! I did.

Laura

Got it on ebay