Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Albums whose one side you have listened far more than the other

Quote Originally Posted by miamiscot View Post
    Everyone mentions Tarkus but am I the only one who thinks Side Two of Trilogy is kind of weak?
    And let's not forget that the side you didn't listen to is not necessarily weak. Relayer's side B is not in any sense weak, I just completely stuck with Gates of Delirium.

It's probably a terrible thing to admit, but every time I turn on Close to the Edge I put on side 2. As great as the title track is, I think both And You And I and Siberian Khatru beats the crap out of it. I have to be in the right mood for side 1, which happens maybe once a year, whereas I'm always in the mood for side 2.

Kate Bush - "Hounds of Love" I almost never play Side 1

Capability Brown - "Voices" "There's a Side 1?"

Abacab.
    Side 1 is a great reinvention of their sound- a perfect record side. Side 2 sounds like filler...almost never seem to need to play it. I don't even include it on portable digital media.
    Last edited by arthurfrayn; 04-25-2017 at 02:14 AM.

Zappa: Roxy & Elsewhere, the 2 sides that starts with Sun Village and Cheepnis - I almost never listen to the other two.

Quote Originally Posted by chalkpie View Post
    OH man - its so good. The title track is a top 10 FZ tune for me, Envelopes is a Conlon Nancarrow-inspired piece, and Teenage Prostitute is just funny, dark, and quite strange

Unbelievable production as well. There is also a lot of live tracks in there, but you would never know it - he was such a genius at that sort of reel-to-reel splicing.
    I recently acquired this one and needless to say I only play side b. Drowning witch is incredible (I am also very familiar with the first two tracks of side A although I don't remember from where, maybe they're bonus tracks on some of my zappa cds - so there's not much interest there in any case)