Page 115 of 115 FirstFirst ... 1565105111112113114115
Results 2,851 to 2,871 of 2871

Thread: The 2017 NFL Discussion Thread

So glad my Eagles got the win. What a crazy game! I’m still on cloud nine.

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Mountain View Post
    The line judge is the only one to call that penalty. Jefferies clearly checked his alignment with the line judge. Therefore, no illegal formation. This happens all the time in the NFL where receivers check with the line judge to make sure they are aligned properly.
    Yeah... but he *wasn't* aligned properly,. It was an illegal formation. It's not always called (like not every holding penalty is called) but it was an illegal formation.

Fallon's ad says "Tonight's guests are Sarah Jessica Parker & the Phila Eagles".

All 53 of 'em??
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

McDaniels refuses the Colts job. Is that because the Pats have offered him to be their next head coach in a not-so-distant future and will pay him head coach money now to remain OC? I would have to believe that if it was never his intention to be a HC somewhere, it wouldn't have gotten this far with the Colts...
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

Could also be that Andrew Luck may be damaged goods?
    Last edited by moecurlythanu; 02-07-2018 at 08:53 AM. Reason: Clarity

it's pretty sad - I remember Luck & RG3 being touted as the future of the NFL. Luck at least had some success, but man, talk about a couple of promising careers cut tragically short
    Critter Jams "album of the week" blog: http://critterjams.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    Nor should you. All of the attributes that made him an enticing prospect pre-draft are still there. Anyone who makes a judgement on a quarterback based on their rookie season is just telling you that they don't know a damn thing about football.
    Browns are the worst. Over the past 10 seasons or so they judged players on a couple of opportunities, no players development, no stewardship, just go and swim. On other hand you have some of the better QBs sitting few seasons before they got ready. See Rogers, Romo, Gar.....lo, etc...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Progmatic View Post
    Browns are the worst. Over the past 10 seasons or so they judged players on a couple of opportunities, no players development, no stewardship, just go and swim. On other hand you have some of the better QBs sitting few seasons before they got ready. See Rogers, Romo, Gar.....lo, etc...

Over a 10 year period, you can't really make generalizations about the Browns, beyond that they've had front offices who have not been good at evaluating talent. They have had a huge amount of turnover in leadership, and different people have been making the decisions over that time period. Most of them are no longer with the organization. The players they have drafted were mostly "chalk" picks, and were slated to go close to where they did according to the punditry. As for the players they drafted and ended up dumping, none have become stars elsewhere.
    At any rate, how the Browns would be as a landing spot is determined by how they are situated moving forward. There are no time machines involved in such calculations.

Over a 10 year period, you can't really make generalizations about the Browns, beyond that they've had front offices who have not been good at evaluating talent. They have had a huge amount of turnover in leadership, and different people have been making the decisions over that time period. Most of them are no longer with the organization. The players they have drafted were mostly "chalk" picks, and were slated to go close to where they did according to the punditry. As for the players they drafted and ended up dumping, none have become stars elsewhere.
    At any rate, how the Browns would be as a landing spot is determined by how they are situated moving forward. There are no time machines involved in such calculations.
    Yes I can....this is the list of starting QBs by Browns in last 10 years:
    Austin Davis
    Brady Quinn
    Brandon Weeden
    Brian Hoyer
    Bruce Gradkowski
    Cody Kessler
    Colt McCoy
    Connor Shaw
    Derek Anderson
    DeShone Kizer
    Jake Delhomme
    Jason Campbell
    Johnny Manziel
    Josh McCown
    Ken Dorsey
    Kevin Hogan
    Robert Griffin III
    Seneca Wallace
    Thad Lewis

Enough said!

Yes I can....this is the list of starting QBs by Browns in last 10 years:
    Austin Davis
    Brady Quinn
    Brandon Weeden
    Brian Hoyer
    Bruce Gradkowski
    Cody Kessler
    Colt McCoy
    Connor Shaw
    Derek Anderson
    DeShone Kizer
    Jake Delhomme
    Jason Campbell
    Johnny Manziel
    Josh McCown
    Ken Dorsey
    Kevin Hogan
    Robert Griffin III
    Seneca Wallace
    Thad Lewis

Enough said!
    And you show the end result of the front offices' inability to properly evaluate talent, so you're making my point for me, which you apparently missed. "The Browns" who've been a colossal failure aren't a monolithic entity. People have come and gone, and there are new people in place now. The new GM's track record was built in Kansas City and Green Bay, not Cleveland. Therefore your "analysis" that failure is the certainty moving forward, because the record since coming back in 1999 is dismal, is the kind of foolishness I read from high schoolers on the ESPN forums. Well done.
    Last edited by moecurlythanu; 02-07-2018 at 11:23 PM.

And you show the end result of the front offices' inability to properly evaluate talent, so you're making my point for me, which you apparently missed. "The Browns" who've been a colossal failure aren't a monolithic entity. People have come and gone, and there are new people in place now. The new GM's track record was built in Kansas City and Green Bay, not Cleveland. Therefore your "analysis" that failure is the certainty moving forward, because the record since coming back in 1999 is dismal, is the kind of foolishness I read from high schoolers on the ESPN forums. Well done.
    Look if I am an investor, I look at a track record of the company. If they are consistently under-performing in the past despite all the leadership changes the odds are that there are some issues with the company's fundamentals. If you want to invest money in the company like this be my guest, you may be lucky.

Man or man, talking about the foolish high schooler!

Jason Kelce just gave the greatest championship speech ever.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    I expected him to call out Chip Kelly by name. He nailed it though. DVRed it. Decided that i would be miserable if I was dealing with the crowds etc.

This team has so many good stories about players whom everyone was willing to toss just a year ago. I thought Kelce was down two years ago.

Look if I am an investor, I look at a track record of the company. If they are consistently under-performing in the past despite all the leadership changes the odds are that there are some issues with the company's fundamentals. If you want to invest money in the company like this be my guest, you may be lucky.

Man or man, talking about the foolish high schooler!
    Man or man? Is that a choice? I'll take man...Applying investment strategies to how a professional sports team will perform is pretty ridiculous, we're not talking about investing here, but to use your analogy and "logic," because GE has been a historically strong performer, you should buy GE stock now.
    High School boys deal in "always," "never," and "forever," and other unreal concepts. Just like you're doing now. The statements I made about the Browns are all true. Don't fit your way of looking at things?..Tough.

5 year 137.5 million dollar contract to Jimmy G from the 9ers????!!!!!!
    A Comfort Zone is not a Life Sentence

hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    Quote Originally Posted by Lou View Post
    Seems extremely high for a guy who has started what, 6 or 7 games? I hope he lives up to potential for the Niners sake (or maybe not actually). This shouldn't be too big of a shock given the state of quarterback play in this league when you consider that Green Bay was an early favorite to go to the Superbowl and became irrelevant the minute Aaron Rodgers was put on IR and on the other hand you have Philadelphia who was able to survive losing their MVP candidate QB because they had a quality backup in Foles. This has gotta make Foles wonder how much money he's actually worth.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post

One which all other victory speeches, whether in any other sport or war, will be compared to. Beyond epic.
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Quote Originally Posted by Lou View Post
    Up until this decision I thought Lynch was actually doing good work with the Niners...
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

Man or man? Is that a choice? I'll take man...Applying investment strategies to how a professional sports team will perform is pretty ridiculous, we're not talking about investing here, but to use your analogy and "logic," because GE has been a historically strong performer, you should buy GE stock now.
    High School boys deal in "always," "never," and "forever," and other unreal concepts. Just like you're doing now. The statements I made about the Browns are all true. Don't fit your way of looking at things?..Tough.
    As I said even broken clock is right twice a day. Good Luck!

Why is it whenever someone mentions an artist that was clearly progressive (yet not the Symph weenie definition of Prog) do certain people feel compelled to snort "thats not Prog" like a whiny 5th grader?

Why is it whenever someone mentions an artist that was clearly progressive (yet not the Symph weenie definition of Prog) do certain people feel compelled to snort "thats not Prog" like a whiny 5th grader?