Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Seaprog Festival, June 2,3,4

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Congrats Joe
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Romerovm View Post
    As long as they have enough people locally to support their fest. I certainly wouldn't travel to a fest for one band (I only know Cabezas).
    As someone who regularly traveled 2000+ miles to Nearfests and Rosfest......40 mile drive to Seaprog is a no-brainer..........and if I get turned on to new music I wasn't expecting...like Nearfests and Rosfest.......then all the better........
    The Ice Cream Lady Wet her drawers........To see you in the Passion Playyyy eeee - I. Anderson

"It's kind of like deciding not to date a beautiful blonde anymore because she farted." - Top Cat

I was expecting to be kinda meh, but it made my nips stiffen - Jerjo

(Zamran) "that fucking thing man . . . it sits there on my wall like a broken clock " - Helix

Social Media is the "Toilet" of the Internet - Lady Gaga

Quote Originally Posted by Baribrotzer View Post
    I think you made a mistake.

The band in this video, Signals, are not playing. However, one band who are playing are named Paraesthesia - which happens to be the title of this song by the aforementioned Signals.
    That's indeed possible. But *THIS* Paresthesia doesn't appear to be from Seattle:
    Last edited by rcarlberg; 02-28-2017 at 01:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe F. View Post
    I play guitar in Pinto Wagonfire.

Seaprog will be our second show.

We're looking forward to playing.
    If you google "Pinto Wagon Fire" looking for videos what you get is a lot of pictures of Pinto station wagons going up in flames.

Quote Originally Posted by rcarlberg View Post
    If you google "Pinto Wagon Fire" looking for videos what you get is a lot of pictures of Pinto station wagons going up in flames.
    My first car!
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Remember, if it doesn't say "Cuneiform," it's not prog!” - THE Jed Levin

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

"Death to false 'support the scene' prog!"

please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.

The eons are closing

Awesome
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit

Quote Originally Posted by Steve F. View Post
    My first car!
    Lucky it wasn't your last!

Being that we don't have any videos, that would be expected.

If you go to the Soundcloud link on the Seaprog page you can hear a couple of songs.

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    Congrats Joe
    Thanks, Ian.

Seaprog Fans:

It’s going to be another stellar weekend in Columbia City, with 14 artists now on the bill, plus an all-star jam! The line-up is pretty well locked down now for this year’s festival, so it’s time to get your tickets. Here’s the lowdown of the ticketing process:

Friday night’s show at the Royal Room (June 2nd, 8pm) is, as usual, free! And this year we will have 4 bands on the bill. Let’s pack the place and get the weekend off to a great start!

Tickets for the weekend shows at the Columbia City Theater (June 3rd and 4th, doors open at 2pm) are available now through the Seaprog web site:

http://seaprogfest.org/welcome/store.html

Credit card processing is through PayPal but you don’t need a PayPal account to buy the tickets. After selecting your ticket, click on the PayPal check out button if you do have an account, or the Check Out button below that to simply process your credit card. Don’t forget to select the number of tickets you are buying before checking out.

Weekend passes are $75, single day passes are $40. There are no additional fees – this is the full price and available through the link above. You can also buy them at the venues with cash or credit card on the days of the show. Individual bands can be seen for $10 each, only payable at the door before each show. The shows in the front room at the Theater are free to all comers.

This year we are not mailing out tickets. Your name will be on a list at the door. If you have all day passes, check in when you arrive and you’ll get a wristband that will allow you to come and go all day.

If you have any questions about tickets, parking, local amenities, or anything else to make your weekend rock, drop us a line. We’d be glad to help you out. Please tell your friends and/or share this post. Thanks! We’ll see you all the first weekend in June!

Here’s the lineup: http://seaprogfest.org/artist/schedule/2017.html

John, Dennis and Jon

Quote Originally Posted by boilk View Post
    I'm actually digging the Signals song!

neil
    Yeah, that actually fairly blew me away. Very well done, their odd persona at seeming odds with the emotion and beauty of the music.

What about discovering bands you DON'T know? Would you leave after Cabeza's set?
    I mean if this was close to me (30-60 miles) I would attend. However knowing only one band would not justify the expense of plane tickets, hotel, blah blah to attend. You Seattle folks have fun!

I'd recommend checking out Jack O'The Clock, superb band, went down very well at ProgDay a couple of years ago, I'd travel significant distances to see them.
    I checked them out recently and they are great indeed. Hopefully they will show up at PD again (since it is more likely to make that trip than the Seattle one).

Ah so - you'll be performing this time, eh? Very cool Joe
    And the code is a play, a play is a song, a song is a film, a film is a dance...

Cool Joe. I hope you guys have a good show!

Yeah it'll be good to see you perform Joe, haven't seen you perform in a long, long time!

I hadn't heard a lot of Jack o' the Clock, but they sound pretty awesome on the link.

I ended up buying a 'Signals' cd based on that video. Too bad they're NOT playing!

Quote Originally Posted by Polypet View Post
    Ah so - you'll be performing this time, eh? Very cool Joe
    We're looking forward to rawkin' out!, Hopefully, we'll see you there!

Quote Originally Posted by Romerovm View Post
    Cool Joe. I hope you guys have a good show!
    Thanks, Victor!

Quote Originally Posted by bill g View Post
    Yeah it'll be good to see you perform Joe, haven't seen you perform in a long, long time!
    No doubt. 1985, iirc, at the Happy Valley Grange Hall. I still have a VHS recording of yours and Scott's performance.

No doubt. 1985, iirc, at the Happy Valley Grange Hall. I still have a VHS recording of yours and Scott's performance.
    Oh no!! That must be painful to watch, lol! I do remember Damascus sounding good at least

Attended Day 0 last night. A great relaxed venue that was quite Full! Had a great time. Progression Mag was there so there Might be a review / photos in the future. Looking forward to Day 1 this afternoon. Cabesis is in Da house! Sat next to them last night.....

With performance times less than 60 minutes.....this was more of a Showcase than full shows......but I really liked it that way because it piqued my curiosity and I look forward to "following" these bands futures. As usual......the first two acts, the house volume was quite pleasant and you cold hear all the ideas going on.....the third got louder (earplugs in by then) and the fourth was Nuts.....just a indeterminate wall of sound.
    Different venue for the rest of the weekend so....high hopes.....
    The Ice Cream Lady Wet her drawers........To see you in the Passion Playyyy eeee - I. Anderson

"It's kind of like deciding not to date a beautiful blonde anymore because she farted." - Top Cat

I was expecting to be kinda meh, but it made my nips stiffen - Jerjo

(Zamran) "that fucking thing man . . . it sits there on my wall like a broken clock " - Helix

Social Media is the "Toilet" of the Internet - Lady Gaga

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Actually in Seattle but about to leave on a cruise, have fun, would have loved to have seen Jack O The Clock
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Actually in Seattle but about to leave on a cruise, have fun, would have loved to have seen Jack O The Clock
    They were fantastic.

That was my first exposure to them, even though I had seen the name around here for a while. I ended up picking up the 4 CDs they had for sale.