Thread: Cruise To The Edge 2018 --- With Gong !

Cruise To The Edge 2018 --- With Gong !

The Planet Gong website mentions that Gong will be playing on next years cruise. Does anyone have any more info on this ?? The link provided goes to 2017 shows. Mr.Google wasn't much help.
    Kavus ! Help ! Inquiring Pixies want to know ! What's happening ??

Yep! It's on. Providing the US will let an Iranian-born musician briefly into their country by then!

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Now THAT'S interesting! Kavus, can you give us an idea of what a 90 minute Gong set might look like -- a year from now?

Any chance for additional US dates?
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Kavus Torabi View Post
    Yep! It's on. Providing the US will let an Iranian-born musician briefly into their country by then!
    Congratulations!!
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Remember, if it doesn't say "Cuneiform," it's not prog!” - THE Jed Levin

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

"Death to false 'support the scene' prog!"

please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.

Additional US dates unlikely at this point. I think the cost of Visas would be prohibitive but never say never.
    As for what will make up the set. It's hard to say a year from now. We're touring quite a bit this year, starting next month in Europe and S.America, I believe we'll be playing two sets so I'd like us to get as much in as we can. I can promise Master Builder though....no Om Riff, no me!

Jefferson James
    Great things happening Kavus, congrats and enjoy the hell out of the touring, SO cool! If my country won't let you in I will.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Congratulations, looking forward to seeing Gong at RIO.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

I would actually be more interested in seeing Knifeworld. Any chance of that happening, as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Gerhard View Post
    I would actually be more interested in seeing Knifeworld. Any chance of that happening, as well?
    I'll second that..
    Dave Sr.

I prefer Nature to Human Nature

I'll 3rd it.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Saw Knifeworld in London in January, they were superb, I was hoping for them at RIO. Would love to see them again.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

I'm really looking forward to seeing Gong at Roadburn. I figured that if the US wasn't likely I'd head to Holland. I'm dying to see this new line up. Color me stoked.

Kavus ! Thanks for the info !

(P.S.- Bring Steve and Mikki ! )

Kavus, are you guys (Gong w. Hillage) doing Olso on the 3rd. or the 10th. next month? Confusion abounds, because some ads in the papers (yeah, we've still got vinyls and actual newspapers up here) say 3rd., which unfortunately crashes my weekend-dad commitment schedule.

I was hoping to maybe see you there.
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

We certainly are, Richard. On the 10th. I'll stick you on the guest list.

^ Thx wholeheartedly, I'll be there! Looking forward to seeing and hearing.

And congrats with the cruise thing, Kavus. They need some freakier brainshit amongst the watered-down cocktails .

Sincerely,
    R.
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    ^^ And BTW, *I* didn't get sick on or after the cruise. Those people are all wimps!

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    ^^ And BTW, *I* didn't get sick on or after the cruise. Those people are all wimps!
    Yes Jed, I got how that dreadfully bohemian sickness befell somebody else and not you.

Congratulations Kavus!
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    Saw Knifeworld in London in January, they were superb, I was hoping for them at RIO. Would love to see them again.
    +1 - Fuggin great Knifeworld set and fun as hell to see everyone at the show (Ian!). Kavus - I've been diggin' the various acoustic sets you're doing lately too.

Congratz! Speaking of customs and passports - I'm wondering if I can get back into my country in May from Mexico... this place is going to the dogs.

Kari and I are looking forward - now that we're finally empty nesters - to being able to go on our first CTTE!

Kavus, your presence on CTTE 2018 pretty much seals the deal, as far as I'm concerned - I'm a Gong AND Knifeworld fanatic... Hey, even Guapo would be a thrill...or any Cardiacs...or anything you care to play .

Great news! Thank you.

Leo