Thread: Arthur Brown U.S. tour

Arthur Brown U.S. tour

Haven't logged in in a while, but surprised that there is no thread about Arthur Brown's current tour (there may be, but if so then I'm not seeing it in the main or OT sections). Going to see him tonight at Reggie's in Chicago. Has anyone seen him on this tour? Any impressions of the gig if you did?

There was a thread when the dates were announced. Saw him in San Francisco on Friday, he was awesome. Don't want to spoil too much, but he put on one hell of a show. (No pun intended.) Some new material, some surprising choices of oldies, and about half of the Crazy World album. Super fun visually. The voice sounded slightly weak at the beginning, and he does avoid most of the high-pitched screeching, but once he got warmed up he sounded really great.

Electric Citizen, who I think are opening all the shows, was a pretty good metal band with a female singer. Not my thing, but really well done for what it is. The middle act in SF was Acid King, who were stoner metal (again with female vocals) and really boring. With two opening acts and a long interval, the main event didn't start until nearly midnight.
    Hurtleturtled Out of Heaven - an electronic music composition, on CD and vinyl
    https://michaelpdawson.bandcamp.com
    http://www.waysidemusic.com/Music-Pr...MCD-spc-7.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Triscuits View Post
    There was a thread when the dates were announced. Saw him in San Francisco on Friday, he was awesome. Don't want to spoil too much, but he put on one hell of a show. (No pun intended.) Some new material, some surprising choices of oldies, and about half of the Crazy World album. Super fun visually. The voice sounded slightly weak at the beginning, and he does avoid most of the high-pitched screeching, but once he got warmed up he sounded really great.

Electric Citizen, who I think are opening all the shows, was a pretty good metal band with a female singer. Not my thing, but really well done for what it is. The middle act in SF was Acid King, who were stoner metal (again with female vocals) and really boring. With two opening acts and a long interval, the main event didn't start until nearly midnight.
    Great, I'm totally looking forward to it now. How was the crowd, good turnout? Not much word of mouth here in Chicago (as far as I know, but I'm not the most clued-in these days). Hoping he draws a respectable number of fans.

I'll be there with you Jim!
    "Always ready with the ray of sunshine"

Quote Originally Posted by Bucka001 View Post
    How was the crowd, good turnout?
    Yep, Slim's was pretty packed.
    Hurtleturtled Out of Heaven - an electronic music composition, on CD and vinyl
    https://michaelpdawson.bandcamp.com
    http://www.waysidemusic.com/Music-Pr...MCD-spc-7.aspx

Reggie's for Chicago.
    I'm not lazy. I just work so fast I'm always done.

Pretty big crowd last night, given Reggies were giving away tickets to the show. LOTS of millennials there too. I played the old-man card as it approached pumpkin time... Jim got a great pick with Arthur, hope he shares!
    "Always ready with the ray of sunshine"

NYC tomorrow nite!

Reggies show was amazing. I don't think he has lost much of his vocal range or dance moves at all. Still buzzed.
    Last edited by spiderfeathers; 02-22-2017 at 06:19 PM. Reason: no need to shit talk.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Triscuits View Post

I almost went to this show but opted for Judy Tenuda at Orinda Theater on Thursday. I saw the sold out Dada show at Hotel Utah on Sunday. Fantastic!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just back from the NY gig...Jesus H Christ was that a show. Im totally floored, still trying to digest it all. If you have a chance, don't pass it up. he's 75, he won't be making a return in another 45...
    Attached Images Attached Images

ab.jpg

Yeah, he was *fantastic*!!! 75 years old? I don't believe it. His voice is still phenomenal, and his showmanship, energy, and moves put many 25 year olds to shame. *GREAT* band too. Talked to him a bit after the show, he remembered that I interviewed him for the VdGG book I co-wrote many moons ago. We took a photo together with The Book. What a night!!