Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 202627282930

Thread: Steve Hackett Genesis Revisited II Tour

Quote Originally Posted by timmy View Post
    Regardless, from this point on I will be referring to this band/project as 'Genesis Reborn' - not '… Revisited'.
    When can we officially start calling this "Genesis featuring Steve Hackett"?

Quote Originally Posted by arturs View Post
    Hopefully sometime before Phil Collins ruins it.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

rough day today. I'm suffering from great concert withdrawal.

Quote Originally Posted by arturs View Post
    just do it, man, do it.

Quote Originally Posted by itserik View Post
    rough day today. I'm suffering from great concert withdrawal.
    Me too. I could see this tour on a daily basis!

Just returned from the concert @ The Plaza Live in Orlando. Phenomenal show! It's just like everyone who has gone here has described it. Nad Sylvan is a heck of a singer and performer and Mr. Hackett was absolutely phenomenal. Worth every dollar I paid. Genesis reunion is not needed. Go catch this show if it comes close to your area. 'Nuff said.
    Last edited by Gerardo; 04-05-2014 at 11:08 AM.

Here's the link of the photos I took from the show last night: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=d3c9914345

Quote Originally Posted by Gerardo View Post
    Just returned from the concert @ The Plaza Live in Orlando. Phenomenal show! It's just like everyone who has gone here has described it. Nad Sylvan is a heck of a singer and performer and Mr. Hackett was absolutely phenomenal. Worth every dollar I paid. Genesis reunion is not needed. Go catch this show if it comes close to your area. 'Nuff said.
    I just have the DVD and 3 CD set, but I have to wholeheartedly agree. There is no way the band can play these tunes any better than SH's top notch band of musicians. He knocked it out of the park for (a) a home run: or (b) a six.

Quote Originally Posted by N_Singh View Post
    I just have the DVD and 3 CD set, but I have to wholeheartedly agree. There is no way the band can play these tunes any better than SH's top notch band of musicians. He knocked it out of the park for (a) a home run: or (b) a six.
    Yes indeed. All players are first class musicians. The playing was just phenomenal. The audience was really into it, you could feel the energy in the room.

Btw, is the live cd set worth getting? I mean, everything Mr. Hackett releases is of superb quality, but I tend not to buy live albums as most of the time I don't like the quality of the recording or somehow I feel it doesn't capture the energy of the performance. If the live set sounds just like what I heard/saw last night, I'll buy it right away. They had some cds on the merchandise table last night and I think they had the live set but, since I already own the Genesis Revisited studio cd, I bought the Unifaun cd instead since I had never heard it/seen it and learned that it was a re-release with new artwork (which btw, is fantastic, better than the original artwork I saw last night on the 'net when I was looking how that one looked).

Quote Originally Posted by Gerardo View Post
    I bought the Unifaun cd instead since I had never heard it/seen it and learned that it was a re-release with new artwork (which btw, is fantastic, better than the original artwork I saw last night on the 'net when I was looking how that one looked).
    I hadn't heard that the Unifaun had been reissued with new artwork. Funny, I just played this for the first time in ages a few days ago and it sounded quite good, but didn't feel the artwork was really worthy of the music. the song, 'Quest For The Last Virtue' is amazing, easily my favorite on the album. I hope Nad does another.

Since Steve & Co don't appear to be coming anywhere near the Pacific Northwest, I think I'll just pick up the live set myself. I don't buy much live stuff either, but this I think may be an exception.

Quote Originally Posted by bill g View Post
    I hadn't heard that the Unifaun had been reissued with new artwork. Funny, I just played this for the first time in ages a few days ago and it sounded quite good, but didn't feel the artwork was really worthy of the music. the song, 'Quest For The Last Virtue' is amazing, easily my favorite on the album. I hope Nad does another.
    Agreed. The album is very good. I thought it sounded like a lost Genesis album. Agree with you also on ''Quest for the Last Virtue", amazing 14 minute plus epic!

This is the new album cover of the Unifaun cd: unifaun unifaun (2008-2013).jpg